Like most music lovers, we at Pandora are equally excited and opinionated about this year’s Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees. Being that our main headquarters is in Oakland, we’re extra proud that East Bay punk-pop heroes Green Day were inducted – we’re also stoked that Pandora listeners made their hit “Good Riddance” one of the top thumbed up songs from this year’s inductees! And isn’t it about time that Bill Withers made the cut? Anyone who’s seen his awesome 2009 documentary Still Bill probably agrees – as do those of you who thumbed “Ain’t No Sunshine” into our top thumbs. And you don’t have to be a “blues lawyer” to argue the importance of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s induction.

We love rock and roll just as much as Joan Jett  (so much that we know her 1982 breakthrough hit was a cover originally recorded in 1975 by the London glitter-rock band Arrows). Joan recently went on record to say that more women should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We couldn’t agree more. Why just induct Joan and not the rest of her pioneering band The Runaways? And anyone familiar with The Runaways knows they couldn’t have existed without inspiration from Suzi Quatro. Why was she never inducted? It’s truly awesome that Lou Reed was finally invited but what about Nico? Or PJ Harvey? Kate Bush? Joan Baez? Siouxsie Sioux? Nina Simone? Nancy Sinatra? Amy Winehouse? Cher? Sinéad O’Connor?

Who do you think should have been inducted?

966_Blog_RockMusicListening_FINAL_OL

Rock & Americana Curator

I’m a little bit country and I’m a little bit rock ’n’ roll. My first concert was Howard Jones at the Henry J. Kaiser convention center in Oakland. I sing for Hot Lunch and Sweet Chariot. I also enjoy skating pools and riding old choppers.

Comments

1. whynocure.com
    April 16, 2015 at 2:26pm
    Why do I have all the jokes when I'm trying to listen to music although I keep deleting them when they come on I am a premium member so what's up with that.
    1. PandoraSupport
      April 19, 2015 at 1:36pm
      Hello - You may need to check the bookmark you use to access Pandora. It should only be www.pandora.com/ If there's anything after the "/" in your bookmark, that is why you keep bringing back a deleted station. If you need more help, email us here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  2. laura darnall
    April 16, 2015 at 2:28pm
    I love Pandora better then I heart .I lessen to it night and day and as for the rock and roll hall of fame there are alot of very good groups in there and exelent bands .
  3. John Sakariassen
    April 16, 2015 at 2:35pm
    Pandora asks, "Who do you think should have been inducted?" Anyone who actually are rock rather than people saying they are. Bill Withers. Great musician and songwriter!! I like his music. Soul, blue jazzy and funky at times. Not rock imo... My fav song of his. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYi7uEvEEmk
  4. george
    April 16, 2015 at 2:36pm
    rock and roll hall of fame is garbage just like all other award shows too many people make it in. wrong location. people in it have nothing to do with rock ,now there putting ringo starr in i love ringo but come on he doesnt deserve iduction as a solo performer.
  5. Pedro
    April 16, 2015 at 2:39pm
    I love it
  6. moonlillyeden
    April 16, 2015 at 2:39pm
    I don't really like fall out boy I like linkin park and green day
  7. Preston byrd
    April 16, 2015 at 2:41pm
    This genre is the bee's knees!!
  8. Steven
    April 16, 2015 at 2:41pm
    What up
  9. Bill McMahon
    April 16, 2015 at 2:48pm
    What about the group Chicago? Aren't they due for the hall?
  10. Jim