When we first launched Pandora Stories, we knew that we’d created a truly unique new kind of audio entertainment. After all, Pandora Stories combine the storytelling possibilities of podcasts with the emotional power of music playlists like nothing before.
But we’ve been completely blown away by how quickly Pandora Stories have caught on with listeners and creators.
How quickly? Today, we’re announcing that we’ve reached our 1000th Pandora Story, and we’re celebrating with a special “greatest hits” of favorite moments with notable artists from some of our most popular Stories.
Available starting today, Pandora Stories: The Greatest Hits includes anecdotes, insights, and (of course) stories from some of music’s biggest and most compelling stars including Taylor Swift, Lizzo, John Legend, FKA twigs, Tim McGraw, Sting, Madonna, Snoop Dogg, Katy Perry, Marc Anthony, and many more.
In Pandora Stories: The Greatest Hits:
- John Legend confesses that his massive hit “All of Me” was inspired by Billy Joel’s 70s smash “Always a Woman.”
- Katy Perry reveals the secret way she hits those high notes.
- Mark Ronson recounts his fateful first meeting with Amy Winehouse.
- Lizzo tells the tale of the dramatic hair flip that inspired “Good as Hell.”
- Snoop Dogg shares the recipe for “Gin & Juice.”
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin recalls how “Yellow” went from Neil Young parody to the band’s breakthrough hit.
- Plus selections from other stories with Lewis Capaldi, 2 Chainz, The Lumineers, Common, Mary J. Blige, Selena Gomez, Hozier, Alicia Keys, Vampire Weekend, Perry Farrell, andPrince Royce.
The number of Pandora Stories continues to grow every day, but you don’t need to be a star to tell your Story. Artists and creators of all kinds can make their own Pandora Stories as one of the free artist marketing tools offered to users of Pandora’s AMP creator platform.
And the success of Pandora Stories has paved the way for a whole slate of new Pandora exclusive programming that melds music and narrative, including:
- Listen In – A series of exclusive playlists curated by artists to connect them with fans.
Listen In with Jhene Aiko
Listen In with Soccer Mommy
Listen In with Megan Thee Stallion
- Game Time – A new series of exclusive playlists from artists who happen to be avid gamers.
Game Time: Steve Aoki
Game Time: Logic
Game Time: Gryffin
- Club Culture – A new series of exclusive playlists that connects artists and fans through the shared love of dance music to create special listening experiences for quarantined club-goers.
Club Culture: Disclosure
Club Culture: Aluna
Club Culture: MK
- Screen Songs – Directors, music supervisors, actors, and composers take you through the music they’ve created or selected for movies, TV shows, and video games.
Screen Songs: Succession with Nicholas Brittell
Screen Songs: Da 5 Bloods with Terence Blanchard
Screen Songs: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood with Quentin Tarantino
Screen Songs: Travel Back in Time with Palm Springs
- Pop Quiz – Celebs reveal their greatest music joys and experiences through a series of rapid-fire questions.
Pop Quiz with Olivia Wilde
Pop Quiz with Robin Thede
Pop Quiz with Skylar Astin
- Essentials – Experts and celebrity enthusiasts guide you through the most significant songs from a genre, scene, or era.
Big Freedia’s Bounce Essentials
Mary Wilson on 60s Girl Groups
Brooklyn Soul With Tommy Brenneck
- Book Notes – The world’s top authors discuss the unique, surprising, and essential role that music plays in their writing process.
Book Notes: Elizabeth Acevedo on ‘Clap When You Land’
Book Notes: Tana French’s Musical Place
Enjoy Pandora Stories: The Greatest Hits, along with hundreds of other Pandora Stories, and stay tuned for more new Pandora exclusive programming coming soon!