1111_P101_Blog_InCarListening_FINAL_Blog

Want more info? Click Here to find out more about taking Pandora along for the ride.

Disclaimer: NEVER let your use of a mobile device distract you from the driving task. Always drive safely, with your hands on the wheel and eyes and attention on the road.

Comments

1. Mary
    June 02, 2015 at 1:41pm
    How much data does streaming music use?
    1. Alexis
      June 02, 2015 at 2:55pm
      I've noticed its generally like one mb per minute of streaming. So the same as if you were downloading a song
    2. Lare
      June 03, 2015 at 12:38pm
      excellent question!!!!
  2. bethtreadwayauthor
    June 02, 2015 at 1:42pm
    Got my hopes up. But noooooooo. This is only for people with NEW cars. I was hoping there would be tech tips for those of us who can only afford older cars. With CD players and radios. Remember radios? Sigh...
    1. Alan
      June 02, 2015 at 2:30pm
      If you have an OLDER car or even a newer car without the high-tech radios. ... You can use an FM transmitter that plugs into your phone's headphones port and then into the cigarette lighter. All you have to do then is tune your radio to the corresponding FM station. I use one all the time.
    2. Serah Gayora
      June 02, 2015 at 2:32pm
      Use your phone and get iPad for liter to randio station some have blue tooth works great I have 1996 Mazda I keep up with the the technology !!!!
      1. Serah Gayora
        June 02, 2015 at 2:33pm
        Lighter type o
    3. evilbennadel
      June 02, 2015 at 2:38pm
      Look in to an FM transmitter. I had one for a 3rd Gen iPod (~2003) that would transmit what was coming out of the headphone jack to 88.7 FM (or other frequency). Cassette adapters were better, Aux jacks even better than that.
    4. Brownsugar
      June 02, 2015 at 2:54pm
      For those of you who have older cars if you have auxiliary penhole on your stereo and it works buy a bluetooth adapter to use. OR You can just upgrade your stereo system to a bluetooth stereo.
    5. top8305
      June 02, 2015 at 3:17pm
      Get a smartphone radio transmitter app (Google search for them). Connect your smartphone to it, sync it to a radio station on your car stereo and you're in like Flint!
    6. Mecia
      June 02, 2015 at 3:20pm
      I have a 2007 and it doesn't have an auxiliary port either so I have an adapter you can get at Best Buy. You plug it into your cigarette lighter and plug in your charger cord in the back and it has a channel preset button. You find a channel on your radio that has no station and just a little static and it will play through your radio that way as long as you have your radio and the adapter on the same preset radio station. It's as easy as that. I don't know what the adapter is called cause I got it so long ago, but the people at Best Buy can help you find it just ask for help and explain to them what it's for and you'll be on your way to listening to Pandora in your car. Hope this helped.
    7. Wyman
      June 02, 2015 at 3:41pm
      I drive a 92 civic and a 98 trooper and have a Bluetooth radio in both. The radios w/o CD player, just aux, usb, Bluetooth, and am/fm were less than $80 ea
    8. Jason
      June 02, 2015 at 5:19pm
      Use an FM transmitter. If you have a cassette player in your car, they sell cassette-to-aux cable adapters too. No excuses. Where there's a will, there's a way. Don't know the answer, Google it.
    9. Eric White
      June 02, 2015 at 5:43pm
      Here's a tech tip for ya. 1. Buy a gadget called a wireless FM transmitter adapter for about $7 like this one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7WD5G0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KPKBvb1V9JS96 2. Turn it on and plug it into the headphone jack on your pandora playing cellphone. 3. Tune your radio to a channel that is not being broadcast on by any local radio stations. 4. Set the adapter to the same channel as the radio and viola!! You are broadcasting FM radio waves from pandora directly to your old timey radio. Good Luck! Eric
      1. Eric White
        June 02, 2015 at 5:53pm
        Or you could leave the old radio off and plug in headphones or buy a Bluetooth speaker for about $20 and blast the music wherever you go. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V6QDTD2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Y8KBvb1R65BMP
    10. kim
      June 02, 2015 at 6:45pm
      I use the auxiliary jack on my phone and a tape deck converter piece. I did hate that my last car didn't have a tape deck though.
    11. Robert Nichols
      June 02, 2015 at 7:23pm
      If your car has a cassette, I have purchased both a bluetooth cassette adapter (worked remarkably well once I discovered and pulled the external mic through the cassette door so it was outside the radio, ) and a cassette Headset adapter.Meaning it plugs in to the Headset jack on the phone. (much better on battery life than the bluetooth,) Also had the advantage in both cases of playing phone calls through the radio, as well as Pandora.
    12. Sherry
      June 02, 2015 at 7:46pm
      I have an 11 year old vehicle and can listen in my car by connecting an auxiliary jack from my phone to my audio system. If you have an aux outlet you can do the same. Hope it all works out and you don't have to buy a new vehicle to get your Pandora :)
    13. carlos
      June 02, 2015 at 8:21pm
      You can always get an FM transmiter that streams the music to your radio. I use one all the time because of the same reason.
    14. Amanda
      June 03, 2015 at 8:59am
      You can get a radio transmitter for $10-$20 at Walgreen's it plugs into head phone jack on the phone then you set radio to 88.1 or a few other station options that are on the device. I recently got one myself because my last Explorer had a tape deck this one doesn't and not new enough for an Aux wire works great!
    15. Summer
      June 03, 2015 at 9:38am
      Actually, the AUX jack they mentioned will work with any car, you plug your phone into it, plug the other end into the cigarette lighter (which all old cars have) and then simply put your car radio on the same channel as the AUX jack is on, it will make you your very own radio station that is only good for a 30 foot or so bubble around your car.
    16. gimmetheskinny
      June 03, 2015 at 11:50am
      I purchased a Pioneer radio off of the internet with a Pandora app for $145.00 . A little cheaper than a new car payment
  3. SL
    June 02, 2015 at 1:45pm
    For the last few months, Pandora does not transmit track information or the correct song duration/ count-down via Bluetooth to my car's display. It is a 2014 Corolla. Until about 4 months ago, all of that worked just fine. What happened?
    1. PandoraSupport
      June 02, 2015 at 2:22pm
      Hi there - we're looking into this. Could you please email our support team with more information on your setup so we can gather more info? http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  4. Jon McAvoy
    June 02, 2015 at 1:47pm
    I'm a paying member of Pandora. The one thing I wish was available is the option to play music from one artist instead of "stations" where the music of various artists is played randomly. That's why I'm also a paying member of Spotify.
  5. Paco Sanchez
    June 02, 2015 at 1:47pm
    I am upset that I have not been able to listen to my pandora the past few weeks since I have been abroad in Europe. I'm getting withdrawals
  6. Cav
    June 02, 2015 at 1:50pm
    How does the integrated app work?
  7. ts1999
    June 02, 2015 at 1:51pm
    What is not indicated is that in order to do so, one must use their data plan, and this can be costly. While I prefer Pandora to Sirius, I will only do if I don't have to use my data plan.
    1. Robert Nichols
      June 02, 2015 at 7:24pm
      TMobile does not charge data or streaming apps.
  8. Vedesh Persaud
    June 02, 2015 at 1:51pm
    Hey Pandora! What about NYC Subway commuters?! How about some offline listening?
    1. Teresa Livar
      June 02, 2015 at 5:34pm
      Great Idea Vedesh!! I agree offline listening would be helpful in those ever bothersome dead spots. Listening to my bookmarked selections would keep me from losing my cool and leaving the app until we're back online. Pandora surely this is an idea worth exploring. Again, great idea Vedesh! Happy Listening Pandora junkies:)
  9. Rob Grace (@RobGrace7)
    June 02, 2015 at 1:51pm
    Pandora + handlebar mounted bluetooth speaker = a great scooter (130 MPG) commute!
    1. Tom the maxiscooter rider
      June 03, 2015 at 5:58am
      Rob: Blue tooth helmet speakers are even better. Then you don't wake up the neighborhood and, the sound quality is much better.
  10. juanita vazquez
    June 02, 2015 at 1:52pm
    It's great I love this music and sound

Reply to MurderousBadger Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )