curation picAt Pandora, our central mission is connecting artists with listeners who will love their music. Our goal is to enable every talented artist to reach the audience they deserve, without regard to the style of their music or their popularity.

When it comes to access and promotion, enormous hurdles have always confronted musicians and comedians, especially independent or self-releasing artists, in getting an equal opportunity to be heard. This is why I’m thrilled to introduce our new open music submission process.

The new open submission process is designed to make it as easy as possible for talented artists to reach the over 70 million potential fans that listen to Pandora every month.  It couldn’t be more simple – a digital, three-step process where artists can submit tracks for consideration. No pre-requisites. No CD required. Just fill in your contact info with links to preview tracks… no hurdles and a level playing field.

You can check out the new submission process at submit.pandora.com.

The recording industry needs indie and self-releasing artists to thrive. Internet radio offers an unprecedented opportunity to make that a reality. Last year, over 10,000 artists each reached more than 350,000 unique listeners on Pandora (up from 250,000 the year before). Our music curation team approved more than 3,700 independent album submissions. Most of this great music would never see the light of day on terrestrial radio.

Our mission is to create the largest and most relevant audience for all great music. And it’s great for our listeners too, as they can expect to discover even more music they’ve never heard before.

So don’t wait.  Now’s the time… Point us to your music!

Comments

1. The Dandee
    February 10, 2014 at 5:57pm
    Actually I was wrong, Safari didnt work either. It just asked for a password then died the same. I opened a support ticket.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 3:47pm
      @TheDandee Have you heard back from one of our Listener Advocates? They can help you out. Email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  2. Christian
    March 10, 2014 at 3:38pm
    Does Anyone Know How Long The Submission Process Is?
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 18, 2014 at 3:52pm
      @Christian Our goal is to listen to each submission in a timely manner and let you know your status as quickly as possible. You can view your status here: http://submitmusic.pandora.com/submit/status -Alyssa
      1. john ericson betancourt
        April 19, 2015 at 1:24pm
        Please Alyssa listen to my song Back It Up On Me (Remix) John Ericson Betancourt: http://youtu.be/z_1PInx4mKw
  3. Moe
    March 22, 2014 at 10:57am
    What is the turn around time to know if my music is accepted or not?
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:47am
      @Moe Our curation team will let you know as soon as possible. You can check your status here: http://submitmusic.pandora.com/submit/status. -Alyssa
  4. Chris Palmer
    April 22, 2014 at 7:02am
    The problem is that artists from countries where Pandora isn't available can't submit music for consideration.
    1. PandoraSupport
      April 22, 2014 at 10:53am
      @ChrisPalmer International artists are able to submit. Email our submissions team here for help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  5. Blake R McAffee “Scripture”
    May 25, 2014 at 6:53pm
    I just want to thank pandora for the opportunity to submit my material it's my first time submitting my work to someone who can change not only my life but help uplift my potential and career no matter of the submission decision I'm truly blessed -Blake R McAffee "Scripture"
  6. jimmy terry
    June 12, 2014 at 9:11pm
    its been like two weeks and my submission still has not been reviewed, how long is the estimated time to get it on pandora, i understand there is probably a lot of music coming in, but an estimated time would be nice
  7. DjPrimo Padilla
    June 14, 2014 at 3:30pm
    How can I get my internet station streaming on Pandora?
    1. PandoraSupport
      June 17, 2014 at 10:17am
      @DJPRIMO Please reach out to our Listener Support Team here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  8. khan flo mah
    July 17, 2014 at 11:01pm
    I wish there were a genre for Chill out music. we are better suited there. R&B is very n arrowing. What is sade? r&b? then she is then thrown in with usher. Smooth Jazz? then she's thrown in with George benson. Its just groove music. Chill out. art of noise "moments in love" would be an example. Or Simply red. Perhaps "contemporary soul" should be a genre. So luther vandross isnt placed in with Jazmyne sulluvin. What people would call "grown folks music". So the latest from Chaka khan, or Al green, or Stevie, would go with Sade, Luther And Anita baker, and Khan Flo Mah. LOL
  9. Lisa Anderson
    July 29, 2014 at 5:29am
    I read that we are NOT to contact Pandora after submitting our music, however, it has been two months and it has not gone to "review" yet. Should I be concerned or is this the normal wait time?
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 06, 2014 at 10:08am
      @Lisa Our Support Team can check on your submission. Please email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  10. swagkillem