That song was awesome, I wish I could hear it again…
Not really feeling this song, but I’m out of skips…
I lost my signal! Now I can’t listen to my music!

No longer will you have to say these words while listening to Pandora! Yesterday we revealed Pandora Plus, a one-of-a-kind music experience for just $4.99 per month. Pandora Plus gives you the flexibility to listen to your music with more control. Skip as much as you want. Replay songs you love. And listen to your favorite stations offline. All ad-free.

So, how’s this all work?

• Replays: Hit the replay button to start your favorite jam from the beginning or experience that newly discovered song again. It could be the last song you heard, or you can go back in your listening session and replay a track.

blog_article_hero_replays

• Skips: Just press skip to get to your next favorite track. Skip as much as you want!
  • Offline: When you hit that signal dead zone the music won’t skip a beat. We’ll have already queued up your top three stations (plus your Thumbprint Radio if you’ve added it), and your listening experience will effortlessly go into offline mode. No need to even pull your phone out. It just works.

blog_article_hero_offline

That’s not all. For those of you who want to stick with the free, ad-supported Pandora, you’ll be getting some new features as well. Whenever you run out of skips or want to replay a track, just watch a video ad to get those extra features for added control over your experience.

All these features and Pandora Plus will roll out to listeners in the coming months on iOS and Android smartphones.

Tune in, play it again, and take it with you, Pandora just got even better!

Comments

1. Chris Batchelor
    October 14, 2016 at 2:41am
    My issue with Pandora is the audio streaming quality. The variety of music that it curates is much better than Google play, but with Google play I can pull down bitrates of up to 320. With Pandora, even with the paid version 192 seems to be the max, and that is only on the web....
  2. Joshua Broussard
    October 14, 2016 at 10:42am
    I lost all of my stations after the app updated on my iPhone 6s. Has this happened to anyone else?
  3. Lou
    October 15, 2016 at 1:18am
    When I'm at home (as with all in my family, at their homes), we listen via Roku. I haven't seen any changes yet with your Pandora channel on the Roku (mine are hooked up to my HD-TVs, where my biggest, best speakers are as well). Any time frame for ONE becoming Plus there? Frankly, given the good job you do with artist/track selection on each station, having more skips isn't as interesting as replay. Also, you should stop "streaming" entirely and return to "downloading" (aka fill the buffer with the entire track at the start of play); doing so will enable the best possible audio quality.
  4. Joan
    October 16, 2016 at 7:33am
    I get to pay $4.99 for ad free & use the app for desktop - and I do not get unlimited skips or re plays. Why were we discriminated against? I have been a loyal paying Pandora customer for over 3 years. Looks like its time to look for somewhere else to take my business.
  5. Fredrik Pedersen (@outlawt0rn)
    October 18, 2016 at 7:06pm
    Please integrate this into the website. It is where I listen to Pandora and I am already a One member because I wanted to support the awesome service! :)
  6. Julio Gonzalez
    October 19, 2016 at 10:32am
    Does this not work on my chrome browser? It wont let me do continuous skips? It's I am using Pandora Plus, but doesn't give me the two major changes. Repeats and unlimited skips.
  7. Mark Hull
    October 19, 2016 at 11:50am
    How do I replay a song? I can't find the option...
  8. David Morarity
    October 19, 2016 at 12:40pm
    I stream Pandora also on my Roku devices. How long until we should expect an update there? Is there restrictions on devices such as you need so much available cache to buffer the music so in case of internet/offline connection? occasionally we have internet outages for secs or mins. The offline will be great if it is offered more than just phones and tablets, but all applications including streaming devices.
  9. Nic Carter
    October 19, 2016 at 1:01pm
    "Pandora One listeners receive unlimited skips on their iOS and Android phones, with the exception of a portion of our collection that are not eligible to be skipped given certain licensing restrictions." Assuming this applies to Pandora Plus as well, how is this not just payola? I'm being forced to change the station or listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers because Warner Bros. paid extra for the contract and that's pretty irritating as a listener. Especially when it feels like they are in heavier rotation.
  10. Beth
    October 19, 2016 at 1:37pm
    These are wonderful changes that I hope will be integrated on the website as well!