Just a few years ago, Jason Derulo stopped by our offices to celebrate receiving the 10 billionth thumb on Pandora. Today, I am proud to share that we have passed 50 billion thumbs. 50 billion. That’s roughly seven thumbs for every person on Earth.

As milestones go, this one is particularly meaningful. Our entire mission is to give listeners the ability to personalize their experience. Thumbs give each listener the power to make Pandora personal to them. Every thumb up and thumb down has not only made your stations better, but helped us make better song choices for every listener. This is a serious group effort – so, thanks!

As you can imagine, it took a lot of songs to hit 50 billion thumbs. While we can’t share every single one, we did want to highlight some of the more momentous thumb recipients along the way.

FINAL_Milestones 50B thumbs no header

We didn’t stop there. Check out the image below to see what songs are the most thumbed up all time to which states have the most active thumbers. What are your thumb habits? Have you thumbed up one of the songs on the list? Who’s your most thumbed-up artist?

FINAL_50B thumbs main no header

Editor’s note: Want to see how many Thumbs Up each of the Top 10 received? Head on over to BuzzFeed for more.

Comments

1. Jordan
    January 28, 2015 at 7:58am
    Wonderful. Now can you please bring lyrics back?
    1. Brianna
      January 31, 2015 at 5:31pm
      I agree! I love the new pandora but I miss the lyrics can we please have them back?
  2. tony o.
    January 28, 2015 at 10:39am
    you have what I wished for before the internet was ever available. now people can pick the kinds of music that we cherished in our growing years of those lessons in life. music is an important part of nearly every being on this planet in one form or another. I adore my hours on the net doing research on my novels all the while listening to what I played on the stage for over 40 years. I want to thank you for having this great option and the choices are magnificent. many happy days come back to me with each song, each artist and each word or the songs we each can relate to. these songs are the highlight of my daily hours. from the heart, harmonica player from 1973-2015. planning on returning to the stage. my passion back to happiest days past by. Tony O.
  3. Josefina Delgado
    January 30, 2015 at 1:11pm
    Its excelled. You got it. My best regards.
  4. Nathan Mireles
    January 30, 2015 at 1:19pm
    I like this app
  5. Samuel Capies
    January 30, 2015 at 1:21pm
    Music is my existence thank you for helping providing a vehicle of expression ya'll have delivered a great opportunity for many races to enjoy what we all want. So thank you!!! And dumps up to ya'll!!
  6. jose
    January 30, 2015 at 1:23pm
    Me párese muy vien este sitio aver si es bueno
  7. jose
    January 30, 2015 at 1:26pm
    Aver si sale bueno este sitio de pandora
  8. matias
    January 30, 2015 at 1:32pm
    Fantástico
  9. caroline rodriguez
    January 30, 2015 at 1:37pm
    I just love Pandora couldn't live without it love it thumbs up 100%
  10. Free Angel
    January 30, 2015 at 1:37pm
    Wow a lot of great songs thumbs up, I like all the favorite picked but I would not have chosen them as the best of all times. It is very difficult to choose one as the best there are so many wonderful songs, comedians, and all.