It’s true: while you’re listening to music on Pandora, we’re listening to what you have to say about Pandora.
We're listening...
Pictured above are most of the people who answer your email when you write to Pandora. No robots in sight!

We like to keep in touch with our listeners. It’s been a pleasure for us to meet so many thousands of you, virtually and in person.
We want to know what works well for you on Pandora, and what doesn’t work for you. We answer your questions the best we can and your suggestions directly affect our priorities in terms of what features to add and what music to collect. Indeed, many of our added features and songs over the years have come from your feedback.
We’ve always responded personally to every email we receive and we read every comment you leave on our blog. Thank you for all of your insightful commentary. We especially love the personal stories you tell us about music and your use of Pandora, and I’ll share a few stories next time I post here. (If you’re one of the many people who has asked Pandora to marry you or “run away” with you, don’t worry, I won’t out you.)

It’s really easy to get support from us: you just write us an email, and we write back. No automatic reply from “no-reply,” no ‘thank you for your email, here’s your tracking number.’ Just one human communicating with another.
As always, you can suggest music at suggest-music [at] pandora.com.
You can suggest features, get tech support and ask questions at pandora-support [at] pandora.com.
Whether your feedback is about the music, your “playlist,” the advertisements or the web site itself, you can rest assured that we’re sharing your feedback with the people who can do something about it. Pandora’s music analysts, music buyers, engineering team and ad team are only a few steps away from our desks.

Besides email and this blog, here’s a few more places you can find us:
We’re on Twitter: we answer your questions, note your feedback, and post tips and announcements.
We post photos on Flickr.
We have profile pages at MySpace and Facebook. (The Pandora Facebook application is here.)
And of course, we continue to tour the country meeting with you in person.
We love music and our mission is to guide you to music you love. And while you’re listening, we’re behind the scenes making Pandora the best it can be.
We thank you for your generous feedback over the last 2 1/2 years.
Sincerely,
Lucia, and the whole communication team

Comments

1. Etienne Handman
    May 26, 2008 at 6:56pm
    Pandora and the entire Internet Radio industry need your help. Go to http://www.savenetradio.org/ for more information. -- Etienne Handman Chief Operating Officer, Pandora
  2. raul
    May 28, 2008 at 9:37am
    I really enjoy listening to Pandora, my question is why there is not music from Italy or France I try to find Ornella Vanonni or other great italian singers like Adriano Cellentano, Bobby Solo, Lucio Dalla or Gianny Morandi and any of them are known when are you going to incorporate more music from Europe. thank you.
  3. Lucia @ Pandora
    May 28, 2008 at 1:15pm
    Thanks for your question, Raul. We're working hard to build up our international music collection. You've noticed that Pandora is rather US-centric right now. That's going to start changing as we introduce more music from around the world to our site -- soon. We started this major effort by releasing thousands of Latin and Brazilian songs onto Pandora; we hope you enjoy them! We have a large collection of other types of "world" music amassed already, but each type won't be released right away because we need to have a critical mass of matchable songs in order to offer a reasonable listening experience on Pandora. This shift will also require analyzing the music differently than we currently do -- each different style of music requires different listening skills and music theory knowledge on the parts of our Music Analysts. It's a massive undertaking, but we're really excited about it! We're expanding the kinds of music we stream every day. We're of course also working on the licensing rights to offer our service legally overseas. Please do enjoy the otherwise wide range of music Pandora currently offers! cheers, Lucia
  4. Bryan
    May 28, 2008 at 1:49pm
    I have a station called "The Rolling Stones" there is just one problem with it. The station rarely or does not play any songs by the Rolling Stones! It doesn't even comes close to playing music similar to the Rolling Stones. Warren Zevon, RATT, Neil Sedaka or Phil and the Fanatics are not or even close to the Rolling Stones. How hard is it to play songs by the Rolling Stones? The band is fairly well known as is their repertoire of songs. Why can't Pandora play more Rolling Stones songs?
  5. Lucia @ Pandora
    May 29, 2008 at 12:33pm
    Hi Bryan - Our Support Team has already contacted you... Pandora can only play 4 songs from a given artist during a 3 hour period, due to licensing issues. We also have a self-imposed 4 hour limit that applies to playing the same song. As a result, you might not hear the artist you request as often as you'd like. That being said, Pandora is a music discovery service; we hope you can find Pandora useful in expanding your musical horizons!
  6. Jim
    July 28, 2008 at 10:16pm
    Is it possible to play Pandora through itunes so that I can play it through airport express? Would like to listen to my statons throughout my house.I am really liking what you are creating here. thank you.
  7. Alee – Listener Advocate
    February 04, 2009 at 4:15pm
    @Jim--No, this isn't possible yet but the audio out on your PC should be link-able to a stereo receiver or powered external speaker with a single 1/8" wire. Let me know if you're having trouble. -A
  8. Matt
    November 11, 2009 at 5:53pm
    Hello - I know that a question similar to mine was already answered, but I'm wondering if any progress has been made to date regarding adding Italian music to the database. Specifically, I am looking for Italian folk music. Is an effort being made to add this type of music? I understand that it is quite an undertaking, but I'm just curious if it has been considered and if so, how everything is progressing. Thanks! - Matt
  9. Pensy
    March 08, 2010 at 8:16am
    Can I listen to the stations created by others if I like their statations without having to create my own but instead just add it to my own and edit it as a like? Always thinking about efficiency.
  10. Kassie
    July 28, 2010 at 1:48pm
    Hi Pandora - I'm following up to Jim's question from two years ago. I'm hoping that Pandora can now be streamed through iTunes using my Airport Express? If so, please tell me how. I'm happy to pay the monthly fees to Pandora. I'm so tired on the music and radio stations in iTunes. Thanks so much! Kassie