It’s true: while you’re listening to music on Pandora, we’re listening to what you have to say about Pandora.
We're listening...
Pictured above are most of the people who answer your email when you write to Pandora. No robots in sight!

We like to keep in touch with our listeners. It’s been a pleasure for us to meet so many thousands of you, virtually and in person.
We want to know what works well for you on Pandora, and what doesn’t work for you. We answer your questions the best we can and your suggestions directly affect our priorities in terms of what features to add and what music to collect. Indeed, many of our added features and songs over the years have come from your feedback.
We’ve always responded personally to every email we receive and we read every comment you leave on our blog. Thank you for all of your insightful commentary. We especially love the personal stories you tell us about music and your use of Pandora, and I’ll share a few stories next time I post here. (If you’re one of the many people who has asked Pandora to marry you or “run away” with you, don’t worry, I won’t out you.)

It’s really easy to get support from us: you just write us an email, and we write back. No automatic reply from “no-reply,” no ‘thank you for your email, here’s your tracking number.’ Just one human communicating with another.
As always, you can suggest music at suggest-music [at] pandora.com.
You can suggest features, get tech support and ask questions at pandora-support [at] pandora.com.
Whether your feedback is about the music, your “playlist,” the advertisements or the web site itself, you can rest assured that we’re sharing your feedback with the people who can do something about it. Pandora’s music analysts, music buyers, engineering team and ad team are only a few steps away from our desks.

Besides email and this blog, here’s a few more places you can find us:
We’re on Twitter: we answer your questions, note your feedback, and post tips and announcements.
We post photos on Flickr.
We have profile pages at MySpace and Facebook. (The Pandora Facebook application is here.)
And of course, we continue to tour the country meeting with you in person.
We love music and our mission is to guide you to music you love. And while you’re listening, we’re behind the scenes making Pandora the best it can be.
We thank you for your generous feedback over the last 2 1/2 years.
Sincerely,
Lucia, and the whole communication team

Comments

1. LINDA SOSA
    May 19, 2008 at 6:42am
    i like how you guys know waht kind of music we like.
  2. auri
    May 19, 2008 at 8:04am
    Thanks to Woman's Day I found your site and really love the idea of setting up my own music library with my favorites. I spent this past Saturday listening to my favorite music. The only thing that I don't care for - is that I get a lot of Spanish, Cape Verde, Brazilian songs on my Portugues artist station picks. This is probably because Portuguese is considered a Latin/Spanish Language. This is a huge misconception. Portuguese is totally different and not even close to any type of Latin/Spanish music or language. Brazilian music is a lot closer to the latin/Spanish genre. I try to catch and thumbs down every latin type song or singer that comes on my station, but it just seems to play even more of that genre. Is there some way to filter out that type of music and just play Portuguese music?
  3. Lucia @ Pandora
    May 19, 2008 at 3:04pm
    Thanks, Linda and Auri! Auri: Usually, if you seed a station with only songs in Portuguese, you'll get a station that plays almost solely songs in Portuguese. (We don't analyze whether the artist is from Brazil or Portugal, we just analyze the music and the lyrics, not the homeland of the musician.) As you thumbs down songs that don't fit your original idea for the station, your station will become more and more customized to your tastes. Feel free to email me at Lucia [at] pandora.com if you have more questions. :) Lucia
  4. Russell
    May 19, 2008 at 11:35pm
    Wish there was a way to play Pandora through iTunes so the signal will output through my Airport Express/Airtunes and through my stereo.
  5. knuckle
    May 20, 2008 at 10:08am
    Hi Pandora-------- after reading Lucia's response to Auri I wonder if there is away to make the project put more emphasis on lyrics? I often seed with a song that has a spiritual theme and pandora comes back with a match of style but not content.I have noticed this happens on genre stations as well-- occasionally a love ballad will pop up in the gospel station because its style and sound are similar but content is vastly different. Am I missing a trick or tweak that would help me find the music I want? much love and appreciation -------- knuckle
  6. Lucia @ Pandora
    May 20, 2008 at 1:14pm
    Hi Knuckle - Thanks for your question! Lyrical content is indeed one of the hundreds of traits analyzed in the Music Genome Project, but it is weighted in with many other musical traits, so it can sometimes get obscured. We are definitely interested in giving users more control over specific things they'd like to hear in their playlists. Meanwhile, here's a suggestion. Try making stations based on a number of individual songs that exemplify the lyrical style you are searching for. Stations based on an artist name will usually cover a broader range as Pandora tries to cover the artist's full range. You can add multiple songs to a station by clicking the triangle next to the station name and selecting "Add more music to this station". Look here (http://blog.pandora.com/faq/index.html#88) for more info on creating and tuning Pandora stations. Thanks! Lucia
  7. Steve
    May 22, 2008 at 10:16am
    http://mamaspride.tripod.com/info.html This is a band I could not find at your site. I just started listening. Way cool. Thanks again. -Steve
  8. rob
    May 23, 2008 at 1:33am
    thanks for the cool music, i don't get a chance to get out much so this is really cool.
  9. LIZZYLU
    May 23, 2008 at 3:06pm
    I DON`T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN TO EXPRESS THE ENJOYMENT I AM RECIEVING NOW !!! MY BEST-FRIEND TURNED ME ONTO YA`LL !!! THIS IS JUST BEYOND AWESOME !! I LOVE MUSIC AN THRU YA`LL I CAN GO ANYWHERE MY FEELINGS WANT TO AN FLOAT THRU MEMORY LANE IN THA MOST ENJOYABLE WAY ! THANKS N GOD BLESS EACH N EVERYONE !!!! I`M PASSIN YA`LL ON TO ALL I KNOW TOO !! MY SON,FOR ONE ,OF WHOM IS A DRUMMER IN A BAND!! AN LIKE ME MUSIC FLOWS THRU HIS VEINS TOO !!! TTFN LOVIN IT LIZZYLU !!
  10. Mrs. Robinson
    May 26, 2008 at 6:38pm
    I have received several emails from Tim Westergren to contact my senator about saving PANDORA radio. When I tried to find something on Pandora's site, I could not find the information. Is there a place I can look or is this an internet hoax? I may just be looking in the wrong place. Thank you, Mrs. Robinson I absolutly love Pandora, and have told many people about Pandora.