**Update**
Here’s a couple more of my recent blog posts that you may find helpful!
Tips for perfecting your Pandora stations!
How to use Your Pandora Favorites Page
The use of Pandora in classrooms
** **
Hi, I’m Lucia. I’m your Listener Advocate here at your musical playground, Pandora. I’ve had the pleasure of “meeting” thousands of you already, via email. Pandora employs me to make sure that your Pandora-related needs and wants are being paid attention to. Back when Pandora was being tested on a few listeners, I was a die-hard Panfanatic and couldn’t stop talking about Pandora to anyone who would listen. Now that I work here, it’s considered a good thing that I obsess about Pandora all the livelong day.
If you were to walk around our office on any given day, you would hear numerous exciting (and excitable) discussions about how to make Pandora better. This team is at work night and day coming up with new ideas and new-and-improved plans. The Pandora brainiacs work passionately at bringing you the best music, the best service, the best of the web.
One of my favorite parts of the job is hearing your anecdotes about Pandora. Many of you are kept saner at work because of Pandora. You tell us that your city only offers up tired radio stations, and that Pandora has saved you from musical boredom. Others of you have abandoned your radios and even your ipods because of us. And many DJs have written to us to thank us for providing them with a perfect way to find new tunes. Pandora has become your musical companion, and that makes me happy! All we want is for you to find music that moves you, and for more moving music of all kinds to be heard.

Speaking for myself and my group of friends, we have discovered so much amazing music on Pandora, music that we had never heard of, that we’re spending more and more of our free time and free cash attending live music shows; the shows of the artists we discovered on Pandora!
Sunday night, in fact, some friends and I went to hear KT Tunstall at The Fillmore. It was a superb show, and as the three of us chatted, we realized that none of us would have heard of her if not for Pandora. In fact, the reason KT’s music was added to Pandora this winter was because you wrote to us and suggested that we add her music to our collection. So thanks to you, our unofficial music scouts. We’re all reaping the benefits of your careful listening.
cheers, Lucia
written while listening to:
Benny Goodman Radio
An elderly gentleman wrote to me last week to tell me how much he and his wife are enjoying Pandora. He said that this Benny Goodman station was taking them back in time to his high school days, almost 70 years ago. Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Red Norvo, Eddie Daniels, Count Basie, etc. I added Benny Goodman Radio to my list of stations, and I’ve got to say, it’s putting a big fat smile on my face.
Because it’s not just about discovering brand new music, but also about (re)discovering the stuff you’ve missed or forgotten about.

Comments

1. Stephen
    June 13, 2006 at 7:39am
    One feature I really like about shared stations is being able to see the definition e.g. the songs and artists that were used to determine and influence the playlist. However this info has not been available for days now. I'm sure this is a minor techno-glitch, but I hope it gets fixed soon!
  2. Lucy O’Melia
    June 13, 2006 at 3:24pm
    Pandora what can I say? You have served as the healthiest of distractions from work, and brought the girls in our house (with somewhat wide-ranging musical tastes) together under the excitement of lying around listening to all things ***NEW*** and lovely. Particularly impressed with Jazzanova radio adn Ben Watt radio. Much love!
  3. Brandon Lee
    June 14, 2006 at 4:42am
    hello there lucia! thanks for all your great posts and insights into what it is like working at pandora. It's really cool that pandora and its listeners are so close and really pay attention to one another. Just dropped by to say that the "Pixies" radio is awesome!
  4. Malena Skaale
    June 15, 2006 at 2:32am
    I have tryed to make an Ole Staveteig channel, but he is not in your padora box. I highly recomend this Norwegian tap guitarist. He is an fantastic guitar instrumentalist. You can check out his music on his homepage at www.olestaveteig.com or at www.myspace.com/olestaveteig And of cours I have to say that i LOVE pandora. I have lots of different channels to every one of my moods! :)
  5. Dave Golden
    November 17, 2006 at 5:42pm
    Hi, I love Pandora as well. As in one of the earlier comments, please let me know if there is a way to have the content stream to my Treo
  6. Darkquette
    January 16, 2007 at 12:51pm
    Ok ... I have a little report to make ... "Posted by: Darkquette at May 26, 2006 08:53 AM Hi, I've been a Pandora fan for just under a year and enjoy listening whenever I can. I have a 'problem' I'm wondering if you can help me. My 8 year old daughter was in a talent show at school. She played a song on the piano. Everything went great!! However, when her peers performed songs that are currently popular, she was unable to sing along with her friends because she had never heard them before. I am totally clueless as to how to help her 'fit in' in regards to the music of her peers. Do you know what 8 yr. old children are listening to? How can I program Pandora to play that kind of music? Thanks, Sara" First of all I didn't write that since I'm freaking 18 and I can't have a daughter that is 8 and second of all I didn't write that message ... *confused*... And the person who wrote it used my VampireFreaks.com url ... so ... I don't know what to say ... I guess it's identity theft ... but I'd surely appreciate it if that message was no more ...
  7. Dan.Strassberg6
    October 10, 2007 at 11:24am
    How do I find the Pandora Tuner? I don't see anything like it on the (only) page that normally appears when I listen to "my station" (Mel Torme and Much More). How do I find the station list? I'd like to sample a few of the stations that others have set up but I have no clue about how to do so. Please get back to me. Thanks.
  8. brandon
    October 06, 2008 at 7:43pm
    I do not know why but I cannot figure out how to change my e-mail address on my account to the correct one. I did some research and found that there should be an account button that would allow me to do so but I was unable to find it. Maybe I am simply overlooking it but if you could please help me on this issue I would greatly appreciate it. It's for sharing station's purposes with friends. ;) Thanks,
  9. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 13, 2008 at 1:18pm
    Hi Brandon - Thanks for your interest in Pandora! You can update your email address from the Pandora home page. You do this by clicking "account" at the top right of the page, and then "edit" under Account Info. You will enter an area where you can modify all your data-- including email, password, and other information. Please note that changing your email address here also changes your Pandora login. cheers, Lucia from Pandora
  10. olivia
    February 04, 2009 at 6:10am
    Is there a way to merge two stations