**Update**
Here’s a couple more of my recent blog posts that you may find helpful!
Tips for perfecting your Pandora stations!
How to use Your Pandora Favorites Page
The use of Pandora in classrooms
** **
Hi, I’m Lucia. I’m your Listener Advocate here at your musical playground, Pandora. I’ve had the pleasure of “meeting” thousands of you already, via email. Pandora employs me to make sure that your Pandora-related needs and wants are being paid attention to. Back when Pandora was being tested on a few listeners, I was a die-hard Panfanatic and couldn’t stop talking about Pandora to anyone who would listen. Now that I work here, it’s considered a good thing that I obsess about Pandora all the livelong day.
If you were to walk around our office on any given day, you would hear numerous exciting (and excitable) discussions about how to make Pandora better. This team is at work night and day coming up with new ideas and new-and-improved plans. The Pandora brainiacs work passionately at bringing you the best music, the best service, the best of the web.
One of my favorite parts of the job is hearing your anecdotes about Pandora. Many of you are kept saner at work because of Pandora. You tell us that your city only offers up tired radio stations, and that Pandora has saved you from musical boredom. Others of you have abandoned your radios and even your ipods because of us. And many DJs have written to us to thank us for providing them with a perfect way to find new tunes. Pandora has become your musical companion, and that makes me happy! All we want is for you to find music that moves you, and for more moving music of all kinds to be heard.

Speaking for myself and my group of friends, we have discovered so much amazing music on Pandora, music that we had never heard of, that we’re spending more and more of our free time and free cash attending live music shows; the shows of the artists we discovered on Pandora!
Sunday night, in fact, some friends and I went to hear KT Tunstall at The Fillmore. It was a superb show, and as the three of us chatted, we realized that none of us would have heard of her if not for Pandora. In fact, the reason KT’s music was added to Pandora this winter was because you wrote to us and suggested that we add her music to our collection. So thanks to you, our unofficial music scouts. We’re all reaping the benefits of your careful listening.
cheers, Lucia
written while listening to:
Benny Goodman Radio
An elderly gentleman wrote to me last week to tell me how much he and his wife are enjoying Pandora. He said that this Benny Goodman station was taking them back in time to his high school days, almost 70 years ago. Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Red Norvo, Eddie Daniels, Count Basie, etc. I added Benny Goodman Radio to my list of stations, and I’ve got to say, it’s putting a big fat smile on my face.
Because it’s not just about discovering brand new music, but also about (re)discovering the stuff you’ve missed or forgotten about.

Comments

1. Kallie
    June 09, 2006 at 10:38am
    Hiya, I'm another whose life you have saved... love Pandora now listen every day! *hugs* Kallie
  2. Zoe
    June 09, 2006 at 10:55am
    Hey I am getting far too obsessed with pandora than is healthy, great idea! How the hell does Pandora work??? Is the music categorised by each individual song? Im assuming it has to be done by people, as surely a computer cant recognise "strong male vocalist" etc... so how do the people in charge make the subjective decisions? For example, I would hold Morrissey as the ultimate front man, but this is never cited on my Smiths radio... also, do you know when/if Pandora is going to be licsensed in the UK? We in England are having to be resourceful to hear it(ie using the White House's zip code to register...) keep up the good work!
  3. Kristie
    June 09, 2006 at 1:42pm
    Ever since my boyfriend came home and told me about pandora I couldn't be happier. I live where the music stations I like to hear won't come in on my house radio but sometimes while driving will come in and out. I don't even listen to my cd's really anymore let alone mess with antena wire to hear what I want any more. I have tried a few songs that pandora does not find but says they're look into it cause their always open to new music. Hopefully they will find and add them soon. Their is maybe one thing I've always wanted out of my radio station to hear the only reason why it makes me mad that I can't get it in my house, it is called the love show from 10pm till 2am playing old school music like computer love by zapp and roger, or all cried out but I don't know who sings it which is what I'm getting at. I love the music in that time slot and to not know the singers or song titles is hard when looking on pandora. Maybe someone could listen and so when I type in a song like computer love they'll add music more like that cause it adds music I think don't go with that. I do really love pandora and have been able to find music they just don't play anymore on the radio like, Don't fight the feeling by Too Short music they never played on the radio by the 2 Live Crew. I'm like in a music heaven where pretty much most rap music past and present comes into my home without having to try and find some of the cd's I like cause where I live you can't buy any good rap music pretty much and if you do it's all censored which I can't stand cause some of the best parts of the song are either beeped out or changed to something else. I understanding wanting to censore young kids but as a parent of a 9 year old girl who I've never not played something just because she was in the room. She knows as long as I better not hear some of the musics words come out of her mouth. She like Eminem and one of her favorite songs since she was about 3 and a half has been by Master P the rapper. Parents who tell their kids you can't listen to music like that just makes them want to more and just cause you don't let them does not mean they won't hear it some where else like a friends. I am a pandora lover forever and thing its the greatest thing to come around. Finally someone to have the same kind of conversation I am. Thanks Pandora
  4. Jill
    June 09, 2006 at 2:56pm
    Check out the band "Five Times August" based out of Texas. They are pretty great, and would be an awesome addition :)
  5. Mary Anne Tom
    June 10, 2006 at 12:03am
    The Frank Sinatra station is great! I def. agree with the idea of rotating and/or merging stations. I tend to listen to pretty much everything on the reg. radio while driving (the equivalent of channel-surfing on cable, if you will), as I like variety and hate commercials. Would be nice to have that kind of shuffling option here.
  6. david
    June 10, 2006 at 11:22am
    Pandora is also great for parties. you just put it on, and you can frget about changing the music or even perparing a playlist. it�s really like having a deejay. My party favourite is the Maceo Parker station. I miss some salsa music though - especially for parties... thanks a lot david
  7. Brad Tabbert
    June 10, 2006 at 3:51pm
    I love this station. You are doing a great job! There has been a great selections of artists that I need on a daily basis. I require great music every day to keep me happy! I am not sure how you manage all of this, but again, I love this station, and I tell everyone about it! I teach online college, and I even mentioned it to one of my students, who said - Aren't they great? I listen all of the time.
  8. ANA
    June 11, 2006 at 11:02am
    I love Pandora!!!! As you said, it allowed me to discover songs and singers I've never heard before. For about five years I only listened to one band (maybe the most famous trio in pop music history), one of the members was my best friend. Since he passed away on Jan. 2003, I can't listen to them anymore, so I started to look for new (and old) stuff. Meeting Pandora was fantastic. My Josh Groban radio (believe it or not "You raise me up" is playing right now there) is exactly what I was looking for. And the way you keep in touch with us, your listeners, is wonderful. Thanks a lot!!!! Pandora and me: a match made in heaven... Ana
  9. ernesto
    June 12, 2006 at 10:35am
    I love. Love. LOVE. this service! I have found a small branch around an obscure group. Because it doesn't have a great deal of influences, the station defaults to the band I created the station with every 4-5 songs. THIS IS NOT A FLAW! I love it! I have another station built that will give me a great deal of newer music, but I love having access to a small self-contained subset of the genome. Thank you! I have evangelized you to anyone who will listen, and recently had a few people take a look at the service after I put it up at a party. Thank you thank you thank you!
  10. vikingur
    June 13, 2006 at 4:44am
    thank you thank you thank you!!! one question: i have a lisa ekhdal station, and i would like to hear more of her songs which she sings in swedish. is that possible? again, many thanks to you at pandora! it is a lifesaver and so nice to hear music from artists you have never heard before, and didn't know existed. best wishes, vikingur, iceland.