**Update**
Here’s a couple more of my recent blog posts that you may find helpful!
Tips for perfecting your Pandora stations!
How to use Your Pandora Favorites Page
The use of Pandora in classrooms
** **
Hi, I’m Lucia. I’m your Listener Advocate here at your musical playground, Pandora. I’ve had the pleasure of “meeting” thousands of you already, via email. Pandora employs me to make sure that your Pandora-related needs and wants are being paid attention to. Back when Pandora was being tested on a few listeners, I was a die-hard Panfanatic and couldn’t stop talking about Pandora to anyone who would listen. Now that I work here, it’s considered a good thing that I obsess about Pandora all the livelong day.
If you were to walk around our office on any given day, you would hear numerous exciting (and excitable) discussions about how to make Pandora better. This team is at work night and day coming up with new ideas and new-and-improved plans. The Pandora brainiacs work passionately at bringing you the best music, the best service, the best of the web.
One of my favorite parts of the job is hearing your anecdotes about Pandora. Many of you are kept saner at work because of Pandora. You tell us that your city only offers up tired radio stations, and that Pandora has saved you from musical boredom. Others of you have abandoned your radios and even your ipods because of us. And many DJs have written to us to thank us for providing them with a perfect way to find new tunes. Pandora has become your musical companion, and that makes me happy! All we want is for you to find music that moves you, and for more moving music of all kinds to be heard.

Speaking for myself and my group of friends, we have discovered so much amazing music on Pandora, music that we had never heard of, that we’re spending more and more of our free time and free cash attending live music shows; the shows of the artists we discovered on Pandora!
Sunday night, in fact, some friends and I went to hear KT Tunstall at The Fillmore. It was a superb show, and as the three of us chatted, we realized that none of us would have heard of her if not for Pandora. In fact, the reason KT’s music was added to Pandora this winter was because you wrote to us and suggested that we add her music to our collection. So thanks to you, our unofficial music scouts. We’re all reaping the benefits of your careful listening.
cheers, Lucia
written while listening to:
Benny Goodman Radio
An elderly gentleman wrote to me last week to tell me how much he and his wife are enjoying Pandora. He said that this Benny Goodman station was taking them back in time to his high school days, almost 70 years ago. Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Red Norvo, Eddie Daniels, Count Basie, etc. I added Benny Goodman Radio to my list of stations, and I’ve got to say, it’s putting a big fat smile on my face.
Because it’s not just about discovering brand new music, but also about (re)discovering the stuff you’ve missed or forgotten about.

Comments

1. murray
    May 09, 2006 at 3:29pm
    Hey guys, I think what you're doing will be great for the music industry. Sinse discovering a few songs I liked from artists I didnt know about. I went and bought 5 cd's. I bought some Insane Clown Possy and some The Streets cd's and I like them.
  2. Joy
    May 09, 2006 at 4:39pm
    Thanks for the great music. I love picking what I want as I get a large varity of music that I can't get any where else. I go from heavy metal to ABBA. Pretty funny! Except someone tried sneaking in a few country and western. YUCK! Thank goodness for the "I don't like this song" button!
  3. minijonb
    May 09, 2006 at 5:02pm
    Lucia, thanks for listening to us =:-) i've been working on a list of music i'd love to hear added to Pandora. it will be sent this week. jb
  4. Bracey
    May 09, 2006 at 5:06pm
    My station has several different genres - cool jazz, electronic, new age, some others. The station seems to get 'stuck' on one genre unless I say I don't like a song. I may not actually dislike the song but I get tired of hearing similar music after a while. I'd like to hear more of a mix if possible. I'm also finding many old favorites from the 1960's/1970's aren't available. Is this because they weren't released on DVD, only vinyl? Peter Maunu was released on DVD but isn't available on your service - yet? :-) Thanks and I love the service. Cheers, Bracey
  5. Tyfus
    May 09, 2006 at 5:52pm
    Hey! Loving Pandora so far. Just wondering about the way bands and songs that are not recognized are reported to the staff. I've been trying to make some D-beat (hardcore punk) and Tekno (underground acid/gabber from NL and France) stations, and Pandora keeps telling me: "I didn't find anything, but we'll look in to it." How does this work? Thanks!
  6. richard
    May 09, 2006 at 5:56pm
    I listen to a lot of jazz and just love Pandora. I find that it provides a good mix of music almost all the time. Occasionally it will drift from, say, Bill Evans to stride piano ... but by the time it does that I am usually wanting to listen to something else anyway! Keep up the great work.
  7. dg
    May 09, 2006 at 6:47pm
    Hello, I love Pandora, but I would also like to hear the band Iris! :)
  8. Ken
    May 09, 2006 at 7:08pm
    I showed it to my dad last week. I asked him what he wanted to hear and he said "Glen Miller" and then we got Dorsey, Goodman, etc. He was impressed. :-) Ken
  9. Shaun
    May 09, 2006 at 7:10pm
    I'm enjoying Pandora a lot, and would like to make one minor suggestion: A merge-stations button would be great feature, allowing users to mix-up the music they listen to. I know I sure could use it! Thanks, -Shaun
  10. Jared
    May 09, 2006 at 7:40pm
    Your site restores confidence that good music will prevail! Keep up the good work. Two suggestions 1- a way to merge stations temporarily, as noted above, would be fantastic 2 - create some way to exclude maintream songs Thanks!