A couple more verbal answers to commonly asked questions. This week’s topics:
IS PANDORA REALLY FREE?
HOW CAN I MAKE MY STATION BETTER?
HOW DO I LIMIT MY STATION TO A PARTICULAR STYLE?
Please feel free to post any questions you’d like elaborated… we’re all ears!
Cheers. Tim (Founder)
<!– –>

Embed this video:

Download file

Comments

1. jc dillard
    November 07, 2008 at 7:51am
    you guys are so great...one of the few points of sanity in the world...i estimate that 80% of all that i see/hear is spam, so to be able to plug you in, go with the flow, and WORK, more importantly REALLY GET STUFF DONE is bliss...thanks guys...yeah times are gonna get tough but "if we all hang together, we maybe won't "most assuredly all hang separately" jimyc
  2. Ric
    November 07, 2008 at 2:13pm
    I listen everyday and every minute at work (and whenever possible at home). But I do have one question... is it possible to say "I hate that band, never play ANY of their songs." It doesn't happen much but it does, and I know that I can click on "I don't like that song" and every three times it's gone, but how about the band?
  3. film seyret
    November 07, 2008 at 3:59pm
    I do adore Pandora and until recently was a religious 10 hours a day 5 days a week listener at work. However, now that the tolerance for inactivity has dove from shutting off after 3 or 4 hours to now every 3 or 4 songs, I find myself very frustrated with the site. I know all you need to do is click something on the page, but to do this every 15 minutes is not something I usually remember and an annoying, though brief, distraction from work. I have preached Pandora to everyone I know but now I'm even thinking about going elsewhere. Please tell me, it this a permanent change?
  4. Jeremy
    November 07, 2008 at 8:24pm
    I know I put this originally in the wrong place but, was hoping to get an ETA for rollout for blackberry support. I'm on AT&T right now and living off of XM when in the vehicle. Need to dump XM ASAP. They are going downhill with the merger and taking their subscribers with them. I want off of that ship ASAP but can't until you roll out BB support! Help me! I'm in XM hell! I love Pandora and want to get it out of the house with me and to the gym,etc.
  5. Terry
    November 08, 2008 at 8:50am
    Hey guys, Why is it a problem is I want to listen to only one artist on one of my channels? Sometimes all I want to hear is Eagles ! ! ! I mean they literally have 100's of songs. How could that be a problem? I mean "if" my interrest in music is what you really want! !
  6. Fritz
    November 08, 2008 at 11:33am
    I spent one month bookmarking about 25 songs from Pandora radio stations. I then wanted to buy them from iTunes. I would have liked a way to buy all 25 bookmarked songs with one click. I had to download/purchase each one individually.
  7. Chuck
    November 08, 2008 at 9:55pm
    extremely upset with the new format change where the music is shut off every 20 minutes until I can click "still listening." My station is set up for the office employees and we feel that Pandora has adopted a "harrassing" position of sorts. It is understandable that such a tool be used, but every 20 min.....come on!!! I would hate to go back to listening to conventional radio after Pandora
  8. Dave
    November 09, 2008 at 8:20am
    I would like to listen to Pop Top 100 for various years. Or current Pop Top 40. I would also like to see/purchase kareoke versions. That may help others with the lyrics. I would love to see a comedy section, and we have a local radio guy named Gary Craig, it would be awesome to get his am show. My son told me about this service and I love it.
  9. Kevin Seal
    November 09, 2008 at 12:37pm
    Ric -- You can ban an artist, yes. This explains how to do that: https://blog.pandora.com/faq/#82 Fritz -- You can buy multiple bookmarked songs at once. Here's how: https://blog.pandora.com/faq/#65 Terry -- We're a free radio service, not an on-demand service, so our license only lets us play a certain number of songs by a given artist in any hour-long period. If you want to just listen to nothing but the Eagles, you're really best served by buying some Eagles albums; a free radio provider isn't the best option for that. Dave -- Welcome to Pandora! Thanks to your son for recommending it to you, and glad you're here. I will send your suggestions to the development crew. Karaoke and comedy are interesting ideas.
  10. Tina
    November 26, 2008 at 11:03am
    Hey Tim, You and your team have been doing a great job! Have you thought about somehow letting us put Pandora on our Facebook page, so our Friends can see what we're listening to (and that it's Pandora)? Happy Thanksgiving! I'm rockin' to Jazz on Pandora while cooking! Tina