A couple more verbal answers to commonly asked questions. This week’s topics:
IS PANDORA REALLY FREE?
HOW CAN I MAKE MY STATION BETTER?
HOW DO I LIMIT MY STATION TO A PARTICULAR STYLE?
Please feel free to post any questions you’d like elaborated… we’re all ears!
Cheers. Tim (Founder)
<!– –>

Embed this video:

Download file

Comments

1. Nancy Hughes
    October 15, 2008 at 9:44pm
    Great job of answering question's Kevin.I am just a newbie to Pandora .com.In fact I am new at the whole computer world and my kids actually introduced me to your site and I am really excited.I have had medical problems over the last couple of years and you could say I am somewhat homebound.Your availability to music will surely enrich my life!!!!!!Thank-you.
  2. Jeff Clark
    October 16, 2008 at 11:52am
    I dont know where else to post this but I just wanted to make u aware of the discrepancy between Pimp C music and the "About This Artist" section. They are incorrect.
  3. Will Law
    October 16, 2008 at 2:26pm
    What are your thoughts on some sort of addition to the website for lyrics of the current song playing?
  4. morphita
    October 16, 2008 at 2:27pm
    hi, I just want to tell you that I love you guys, I cant believe still that Pandora is real, It came in a moment in my life where I really needed to be close of my favorite music. I still cant figure it out how you can know what music i like, any way, Bleessss it up for u guys!!!! Su
  5. morphita
    October 16, 2008 at 2:35pm
    never mind , i just played the video and u explained it there, then , just using the tombs up and down is enough to tell Pandora what to play?. So what are the bookmarks for?
  6. Maria
    October 17, 2008 at 10:36am
    Can you add a Latin Jazz genre station?
  7. matt
    October 17, 2008 at 10:38am
    not sure where to put this either, but i was just wondering if there was an ETA for when the blackberry from at&t is going to be added to the mobile list...pandora is amazing, ive been using it from the beginning and can't wait to have it on my phone 24/7. sorry to hear about the downsize, ouch that word just hurts, but times are tough. matt
  8. tjc68
    October 18, 2008 at 7:15am
    My attributes vs yours: Your business model is to try to use the 400 "attributes" of the songs that I like to suggest others. But your attributes are not working for me. If I love Leonard Cohen's "Ballad to an Absent Mare" it is NOT because it is "country", "guitar", and in a "minor key". Your set of attributes is not matching mine. So I look at your competitors and don't use you as much as I could. Why not try to work with my preferences? 1) Give me a screen with all 400 attributes and let me create a station where I score them from -3 to +3. And create multiple stations where I can work with different sets of preferences to match my multiple moods. 2) After that gets debugged, let me create my own attributes to add to the list for my own use, 2a) and then let me rate songs using my set of attributes beyond just thumbs up or down. 3) You watch all the new attributes you are getting from your users for commonalities that would let you add some of your users' preferences to your list. I don't think the programming for #1 would be all that difficult, and it would be easy to add it to the user profile.
  9. Nathan
    October 18, 2008 at 2:27pm
    I just have to say how much I love pandora and all of the amazing music I have discovered in the short weeks I have spent on it. One thing that would be neat is to make it communicate with google talk to display the current music track. Other than that it is perfect
  10. J
    October 20, 2008 at 11:47am
    PLEASE ADD THE BLACKBERRY CURVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I RECENTLY SWITCHED PHONES AND IT IS KILLING ME.