iPhone1.1.jpg
Today we’re rolling the first upgrade to Pandora for iPhone, the free version of Pandora internet radio for your iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to a number of important bug fixes this version has a handful of new features:
+ Stereo over WiFi – Pandora stations now play in high bitrate stereo when using Pandora over WiFi. This makes an iPod touch the perfect companion to your living room stereo. Just dock and play.
+ Station Resume – when you’re using Pandora and switch to another application, or take an incoming phone call, the music will resume right where you left off when you start Pandora back up. It’s not as good as background listening (which isn’t currently possible on the iPhone) but at least you won’t miss anything if you need to hop out to another app for a minute.
+ Search Auto-Complete – as you type an artist, song or composer in the station creation screen we will offer suggestions in real time as you go.
+ Station Sorting – view your stations either by the creation date or alphabetically.
+ On Phone Registration – users that are new to Pandora can now complete account registrations on the iPhone and iPod touch.
+ Settings Panel – swap your Pandora login without reinstalling the app.
To get started just visit: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Note: Pandora is currently available on approximately 30 other mobile phones. Check http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go to see if your phone is currently supported. While we’re not ready to talk specifically about timing, for those of you with smartphones from other vendors please know that we haven’t forgotten about you and we’re hard at work on versions of Pandora for your phone too. Stay tuned!

Comments

1. Scott Wisniewski
    July 26, 2008 at 10:32pm
    I just wanted to thank you for the update. I just noticed the resume feature today, when I hit the home button by accident, and it's super cool. If you can, please please please, hook up the headphone button so that it will pause the music. Please.
  2. PoPPaP
    July 27, 2008 at 2:54am
    Please.. Please.. Please.. have the Stereo option for 3G connection. Let the user decide to use it or not.
  3. Dean
    July 27, 2008 at 3:16pm
    You realize there are more people with Blackberry's than with iPhone's... where our love? I would love Pandora on my 8830...
  4. nehurd
    July 28, 2008 at 8:30am
    I'm also having the skipping problem...song stops and moves to next song. I'm using Exchange and wonder whether the syncs or something else may be interfering with the stream. Pandora...any ideas?
  5. Katie
    July 28, 2008 at 11:04am
    I too, am having the skipping problem. I emailed Pandora and they said it's the network, but my network has full strenght and some song play the whole length without me touching or moving my iPhone. Help!
  6. holly
    July 28, 2008 at 11:18am
    Hi, just wanted to say how much I love the new app for iphone/ipod touch. I'm pretty much addicted to Pandora and even bought my new cell phone specifically so I could listen on there, but was kinda pissed about the monthly charge from AT&T. This website is blocked at my office, so this was pretty much a lifesaver. Thanks~!
  7. laplace808
    July 28, 2008 at 11:42am
    I am having the same problem as Casey. Never had any trouble before the update, but with 1.1 the app will sit at the opening screen for 10-15 sec. then go back to the home screen. I do not see any progress "circle", just the image. Anyone else having trouble with this? I downloaded the updated app and now I just see the opening wallpaper with no progress circle for about 20 seconds before my iPhone goes back to the home screen. I have downloaded and erased it 3 times now to no avail. The same outcome over wifi, 3G, and EDGE. It was working fine before the update. Posted by: Casey at July 25, 2008 09:12 PM
  8. laplace808
    July 28, 2008 at 12:15pm
    I have the same problem as Casey. No probs before, but with 1.1 all the app does is sit at the welcome screen for 10 secs then goes back to Home screen
  9. Tones2
    July 28, 2008 at 12:42pm
    After using 1.1 for a few days, I still love the radio stations song selections at the core of Pandora itself, but the iPhone player still needs some work. I'd offer the following suggestions, in order of importance: 1) The stream needs to have an option to be in STEREO over 3G cellular. There should also be a user choice of buffer size. 2) There should be a progress bar indicating the length of the song and where the song is currently playing, like the iPod player does. Live365 does this well in it's Windows Mobile player. Right now, I have no idea if the song is going to play for another 30 minute or 30 seconds. 3) The name of the artist and album name are almost impossible to read in sunlight. They are just too small and lightly colored. I know you took this format direct from the iPod player, but the difference is that I always know the artist that I'm playing when I'm using the iPod, but I often do NOT know the artist playing over Pandora - and if I like the song and I'm outside, it's very very hard to see the artist name. This is critical info that should be more prominant in the display or at least on another screen that can be displays with a button. Right now, there is WAY too much screen real estate for the cover art. 4) I also have been getting random song skipping in 1.1 as soon have noted above. 5) This is more of a long term request, but how about an option to search the Web for song lyrics of the song currently playing? That'd be pretty cool, but a low priority item. Thanks, Tony
  10. Heather
    July 28, 2008 at 3:31pm
    I'm also having the 1.1 problem where it just sits on the welcome screen and then crashes back to the iPhone home page. I miss Pandora :(