Finally a step in the right direction. First, lest anyone ever think their phone calls to congress don’t count, hear this: as a direct result of YOUR calls, key congressional reps including Jay Inslee (D-WA, lead sponsor of the Internet Radio Equality Act which now has 130 sponsors) and Ed Markey (D-MA) convened a meeting and brought very serious pressure to bear on everyone to reach a solution… This is grassroots democracy in action.
We’re far from out of the weeds, but we won’t be shutting down on Monday. Man, these last 48 hours were long ones…
For a better summary than I could write, check out Ken Dardis’ post. I’ll continue to post as this develops.
Thank you again. Stay vigilant. We are entering a critical negotiation phase and need to keep the legislative pressure on.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Gloria B.
    July 24, 2007 at 12:42pm
    A co-worker introduced me to Pandora - it's wonderful! Finally I can listen to nothing but music I like with no irritating DJs. And I'm rediscovering artists like Sarah Vaughn and Dinah Washington. I'd think the record industry would love this site and support it, not try to shut it down. Keep up the great work.
  2. Donna Bennett
    July 24, 2007 at 1:23pm
    why dose everything have to be about (MONEY) root of all evil.
  3. Donna Bennett
    July 24, 2007 at 1:26pm
    I saw a comerical on my computer and inlisted for Raido Music without Message,or advertisment. I love you and thank you
  4. Kim K Judd
    July 24, 2007 at 7:04pm
    Just the father of a professional musician -- have I missed it but is there a way to productively bombard the politicos with email - is there such a portal? THanks Kim K Judd
  5. Callandra
    July 24, 2007 at 10:29pm
    Since I'm type A and use Quicken obsessively, I was able to easily figure out how much $$$$ I've spent buying 2 iPods, buying 2 deck thingies to put the iPods in at both home and work, buying tunes/albums off iTunes, etc., all because I've discovered a song/artist via Pandora. Also came up with a LONG list of artists who benefited financially as a result. When I called or wrote, I focused on $$$ spent & #s of people who benefitted financially, figuring that's the language they'd understand. Hope it helped!
  6. Nicolle Stumpf
    July 25, 2007 at 6:26am
    Hi - you've likely considered this, but why isn't there a group on Facebook & MySpace? I know so many people who use Pandora and would love to both promote & save the site.
  7. Bonnie
    July 25, 2007 at 9:20am
    I, like a lot of the responders to this blog, listen to Pandora at work. I work in a multi-cubicle situation, and without Pandora, I would not get nearly as much work done due to the intrusion of noise. Also, in the past, I have not spent money on CDs because I do not know the artists and am afraid I will buy music I don't like. Since the discovery of Pandora, I have been turned on to so much music and artists and have purchased much more music than ever. The music industry is bound to profit from your radio, as do we all. Thank you for providing such a great service to the working public.
  8. Neal
    July 25, 2007 at 12:30pm
    Like many of the folks who have commented above, I am spending more money buying music than I did during the last 10 years B.P. (Before Pandora!). There should be a way for Pandora to get credit for these sales.
  9. Tyrone
    July 25, 2007 at 3:26pm
    Hey man, Music is life. Without music how could one live.I like to thank Pandora, you guys are number one. Thank you for giving life to my job everyday. Save the music; rock on,Play it loud.
  10. elizabeth
    July 25, 2007 at 7:13pm
    Thanks you for real music .Love listoning to you

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )