Hey all –

We’re having Pandora town-halls in Denver and Atlanta next week. If you’re in one of those cities and haven’t gotten your email invite, send a note to ‘tour@pandora.com’ and we’ll put you on the list.

Town halls are a big part of what Pandora is about. They continue to be wonderful opportunities for us meet and communicate directly with listeners.

We love feedback and people at Pandora events often weigh in on how Pandora should look in the future. In addition, I talk a bit about some company history, as well as a look under the hood of the music genome, and our latest thinking about the future. The questions and discussions always cover a wide range of topics – from how the music genome project works, to licensing, to the latest device updates. Everything is fair game!

So if you’re in Denver or Atlanta next week I hope you’ll come and hang and chat for an hour and a bit, that’s usually how long the town halls last. And if you’re in another city and think it is time we had a town hall there, let us know by emailing ‘tour@pandora.com,’ and we’ll add it to the list!

Details below about Denver and Atlanta. See you soon!

-Tim (Founder)

Denver
When: Monday, June 21st, 6:30 p.m. (Note: the Denver Art Museum is closed for general admission on Mondays but the Sharp Auditorium will be open for this event.)
Where: Denver Art Museum’s Fredric C. Hamilton Building at 100 West 13th Avenue. The event will be held in the Lewis I. Sharp Auditorium.
RSVP: Send email to tour@pandora.com with number of guests
Directions: http://www.denverartmuseum.org/visit_us/plan_your_visit/location_and_hours

Atlanta
When: Tuesday, June 22nd, 6 p.m.
Where: Tabernacle @ 152 Luckie Street NW (1 block from Centennial Olympic Park, Philips Arena, The Georgia World Congress Center and The Georgia Dome)
RSVP: Send email to tour@pandora.com with number of guests

Comments

1. Robin M. Cohen
    July 27, 2010 at 4:10pm
    That Bucket List ad really bugs me....talking about things you want to do before you die...why not just things you want to do, rather than take after the movie?
  2. Kathy Porter
    July 31, 2010 at 11:01am
    Just happened to be looking for some gospel music to lift my spirits, Lo and behold, I found it in you Pandora. You have just allowed me to choose you for my personal radio station. Thank you, Be blessed
  3. Matt
    July 31, 2010 at 7:44pm
    I love hearing people complain about the ads on Pandora. It just makes me all that much more happy that I actually paid the $36 a year for it. One less worry. :D
  4. Tracy
    August 03, 2010 at 6:52am
    I love Pandora too -- but today I noticed again that Target is one of the advertisers on the site. As a Moveon member - I am aware that the Target corporation is using money to try to influence political outcome -- with a severe right leaning adgenda. I would encourage Pandora users to investigate this and join me in boycotting Target stores until they are not using my money for the buying of politics.
  5. Annoyed
    August 06, 2010 at 1:14pm
    It bothers me that I cannot even skip one song without being directed to an advertisement. I used to love Pandora and I buy a lot of the songs after discovering them on your site! Now when I turn on my pandora to work out, I end up SO annoyed at how I have to keep listening to ads whenever I want to skip a song. And Matt, I don't understand your comment. Because it would not make me happy if other people were unhappy. And why would I buy access to Pandora just to skip the ads when I can buy my favorite songs and have them forever for myself?
  6. pamivanst
    August 11, 2010 at 9:53am
    DANCE OF THE NGEO RADIO ha! i tripped onto a THAI POP SPECTACULAR 60'S-80'S album in the Pandora stashbox with Johnny Guitar's Dance of the Ngeo song, and created one of my new fave stations to listen to at work!! it's rousey, swirly jazzy + sassy... it just keeps me smiling at the tunes you pull with funky, late 50's~60's, beatniky, surferish, doubleriffin' instrumentals that layer over any silent airwaves (and computery office noises) ~ cool! love it ~ your music compilers are spot on with this station of OURS!! thanks pandora + tim !!!
  7. thish
    August 14, 2010 at 11:39am
    why do I keep having to sign for the service that I pay for
  8. Rogers
    August 15, 2010 at 9:37am
    I saw the Charlie Rose show and thought I'd try Pandora. It is great! Exceeded my expectations. However, there is a little problem. There are two Frankie Miller's. One as your bio points out was born in Scotland. The other "Blackland Farmer" was born in Victoria, Texas, and is quite a different animal. I found the Texas Frankie, but the bio was for the other. Got to be confusing with two different musicians with the same name and different bags. Anyway, I love Pandora.
  9. Anonymous
    August 15, 2010 at 7:02pm
    how come songs are just samples?? and cant hear the whole song??
  10. bobby
    August 16, 2010 at 5:57am
    I really love Pandora.I listen to Paul WIillams and the victory trio.I usuallay like all the songs. But i would like to hear some by Reno and Smiley they have many gospel songs that would be this style.