Here’s the third in our series of spotlights on the music of Pandora’s Music Analysts. (click here for the first and the second)
Enjoy!
seth-jeff.jpg
Seth Ford-Young (at left, with Jeff Anthony at right) is one of our Senior Analysts and can be found playing the bass on a Myles Boisen station, as well as on a Mia and Jonah station. The Boisen cd is blues-based improvisational music. Mia and Jonah is a singer-songwriter duo blend of country, folk, and rock. It’s not hard to catch Seth gigging around San Francisco; he’s constantly playing live. And look for him on Tom Waits’ new release, coming out this fall!
Will Redmond can be found on Pandora on the Blipvert station. With a smirk, Will refers to Blipvert as “heavy duty computer music.” I saw Will perform once, and he ripped his glasses right off his face and threw them on the ground while he was playing. I was impressed by his rock star cred, to say the least!
Scott Barkan is a recent transplant from New York, where he got his degree in music composition. He can be heard on the Barky station. Barky is an instrumental indie rock and avant jazz trio based out of New York City.
Jellyroll is a band that involves several of our Music Analysts. Steve Dekrone plays the drums, Seth Ford-Young the acoustic bass, and Tom Griesser plays the tenor sax. Along with three other non-Pandora musicians, they play jump-blues and swing, some covers, along the lines of Louis Jordan, Helen Humes, early Etta James, and some original material.
Chris Horgan (pictured below, in our CD library) and Christian Runge, two integral and hard-working parts of the Pandora family, are Beatropolis. Theirs is electroacoustic music in the styles of downtempo and drum and bass. Chris and Christian are also found on the Syncrosystem station, which is a nice world fusion.
horgan.jpg

Comments

1. Ted Sivley
    July 20, 2006 at 1:33pm
    Thank you guys for your never ending work, so we may enjoy our favorite music. Ted
  2. Monica
    July 20, 2006 at 2:51pm
    No Michelle Anthony? Can't make it through a Sunday without her Mourning Song!
  3. MARiA
    July 21, 2006 at 9:53am
    THANKS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS MIL This is just incredible, I write u from Spain, I'm so happy because of this great discovering!!!! You have a sincere friend in Spain, Kisses! UN beso :)
  4. Kenny
    July 22, 2006 at 7:20am
    Thanks so much for Pandora! I have been working on the Hurricane Katrina/Rita recovery project since November and have been starving for new music to come my way. Your set up by playing related music is simply brillent.
  5. Annette
    July 24, 2006 at 1:12pm
    I just happened upon Pandora. Thank goodness. You take the artist I like to listen to and match familiar songs for my station I created. I think this is the greatest station ever! I listen to it every single day. I am in college online and love to listen to my station while I am doing my work. I also love to listen to my music to help destress. You have made a difference in my life. My internet was shut off for a brief period of time, and all I could think about was getting back to my pandora station. I was going crazy without it.... Just wanted to say a ~BIG THANK YOU~
  6. fltln
    July 27, 2006 at 11:33pm
    Thanks guys! Spasibo! :)
  7. Kat
    July 28, 2006 at 10:02am
    You guys totally rock! I've been frustrated by the yahoo radio for so long...it kept playing things I hate, and never played many of my favourites. But forget yahoo, now I've got Pandora! Stay rockin'! ~Kat
  8. NATX21
    August 09, 2006 at 5:14am
    What about an EQUALIZER Thanks Pandora. You make me feel..
  9. lauren
    August 11, 2006 at 5:05am
    hey guys! i am totally addicted, you have no idea!!! one question, you have hardly any australian bands! Josh pyke? little birdy? daddy cool? australian crawl? can you include these in your lists? other than that, great job, guys!!!
  10. linda
    August 15, 2006 at 4:09pm
    I OPENED UP PANORAS BOX AND FOUND A TREASURE THANK-YOU FROM IN THE WOODS QUEBEC CANADA

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )