Here’s the third in our series of spotlights on the music of Pandora’s Music Analysts. (click here for the first and the second)
Enjoy!
seth-jeff.jpg
Seth Ford-Young (at left, with Jeff Anthony at right) is one of our Senior Analysts and can be found playing the bass on a Myles Boisen station, as well as on a Mia and Jonah station. The Boisen cd is blues-based improvisational music. Mia and Jonah is a singer-songwriter duo blend of country, folk, and rock. It’s not hard to catch Seth gigging around San Francisco; he’s constantly playing live. And look for him on Tom Waits’ new release, coming out this fall!
Will Redmond can be found on Pandora on the Blipvert station. With a smirk, Will refers to Blipvert as “heavy duty computer music.” I saw Will perform once, and he ripped his glasses right off his face and threw them on the ground while he was playing. I was impressed by his rock star cred, to say the least!
Scott Barkan is a recent transplant from New York, where he got his degree in music composition. He can be heard on the Barky station. Barky is an instrumental indie rock and avant jazz trio based out of New York City.
Jellyroll is a band that involves several of our Music Analysts. Steve Dekrone plays the drums, Seth Ford-Young the acoustic bass, and Tom Griesser plays the tenor sax. Along with three other non-Pandora musicians, they play jump-blues and swing, some covers, along the lines of Louis Jordan, Helen Humes, early Etta James, and some original material.
Chris Horgan (pictured below, in our CD library) and Christian Runge, two integral and hard-working parts of the Pandora family, are Beatropolis. Theirs is electroacoustic music in the styles of downtempo and drum and bass. Chris and Christian are also found on the Syncrosystem station, which is a nice world fusion.
horgan.jpg

Comments

1. Lucia @ Pandora
    July 12, 2006 at 11:01am
    *****Music Suggestions***** I do comb through the failed searches from our tuner, yes. But it is a really long list, so your best bet, especially if you are recommending something obscure-ish, is to email the suggestion to suggest-music@pandora.com. We can't add everything, but we do look into everything. Keep in mind that we get thousands of requests of one form or another every week.... So: if you list the artist and then give us a little bit of info about your suggested music, it helps us a lot. The easier it is for us to know how great your suggestion is (and where we can purchase the cd), the more likely your music will show up on Pandora at some point. cheers! Lucia
  2. Janet
    July 12, 2006 at 5:27pm
    Hey guys. Love Pandora. It rocks. Me and Chris Horgan went to High School together. Hey Chris do you remember Janet Kokocinski???
  3. Adina
    July 13, 2006 at 1:43pm
    You guys are GREAT! My co-worker introduced this to me, we both listen while we work. I listen at home while I clean. Great Stuff! Who needs a radio with aggravating commercials when we have you with non-stop music. And to top it off, we can pick and choose what we like. I Love It!
  4. Tim
    July 13, 2006 at 7:07pm
    Just had a thought/suggestion. When you play music I've already heard/own/"own" I tend to click the thumbs up immediately, whereas if i've never heard the song, well, i have to hear it before thumbs upping. Just thought you could put a small timer in the flash to cull this data. It might give a higher res look at listener's tastes, giving you a "strongly like" or "strongly dislike".
  5. Lay-C
    July 18, 2006 at 3:33pm
    I just wanted to say that i definately enjoy the hell out of the fact you have kmk and all the "Ohter"music that i listen to. i have gone to many sites to try and find a constant flow of songs i enjoy, and now i did. Thanx a lot. And you should try Salida, Colorado for a pit stop. maybe we can all get somethin started.
  6. Sylvian
    July 19, 2006 at 5:54am
    U GUYS ROCK !!
  7. Adam
    July 19, 2006 at 9:40am
    I hate this band, but not this genre, does it hurt my station if I keep thumbing them down?
  8. christine
    July 19, 2006 at 10:06am
    This is amazing!!!! I absolutley love this website. I am a music fanatic, and this is heaven for me. Thank you for creating Pandora!!! I like everything about it so far!!!
  9. al-x
    July 19, 2006 at 2:49pm
    Awesome website....can't get enough....i finally can listen to real music....i deeply wish this website to last through generations......!(**)
  10. martin
    July 19, 2006 at 3:02pm
    i love this its so cool to be able to hear very quickly what i want no matter how obscure, well i havent heard "can"yet or stereolab but ill keep listening it would be cool to customize the viewer and also have some access to cool graphics and some cool visuals. also maybe a place to see how many people are choosing the bands or artists and where geographically as well as helping for marketing it would be interesting for us listeners