UPDATE: July 10, 2008. We see from the comments that many of you want Pandora on the iPhone. It’s available now — enjoy!

Late last year I wrote on this blog that when we started Pandora we set out to do 5 things, and that we’d so far only been able to talk about four of them.
Well, tonight we can finally take the wraps off a secret project that we started just about a year ago that lets us tackle that “5th thing.”
Over the course of the last year, we’ve had a team developing something we call the Pandora Everywhere Platform.
This is a entirely new system, that allows us to unleash Pandora from the desktop and delivery to any device, in any music format, over any network wired or wireless with capacity for 10’s of millions of users enjoying the same simple Pandora experience they’ve come to expect at Pandora.com.
Using this platform we’re going to be able to take Pandora to places that it simply couldn’t go before and tonight we’re announcing the first two offerings based on this new system:
Pandora for Sprint
Pandora for Sonos

Comments

1. Rob
    December 16, 2009 at 4:32pm
    How come Finetune (www.finetune.com/wii) has figured out a way to play on the Nintendo Wii and Pandora has yet to accomplish this feature? I would love to see Pandora on the Wii. I only found out about Finetune and started using it since I cannot get Pandora to stream through the Wii.
  2. Lucien
    December 18, 2009 at 7:19pm
    Please do the research to recognize how big the Nokia n and e series markets are. I have the N97 because of the great features and paid more for it despite the ability to get a free or highly discounted upgrade through my carrier. My second choice would have been an iphone but that's exactly what it was, my second choice.
  3. Roman
    December 26, 2009 at 12:49pm
    Posting from my E71x. Need Pandora on this phone. Tired of my brother flaunting his IPhone app, which I bought him. Pretty please with sugar on top.
  4. Ryan, Pandora Support
    January 04, 2010 at 5:33pm
    @Matstormy, @Rob -- Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that Pandora on the Wii would be awesome, and it's definitely on our radar. Unfortunately we have limited resources, and are unable to do everything we would like to at the same time.
  5. Jaker
    January 06, 2010 at 10:11am
    Here is another vote for Symbian. Our company is even changing out our older phones with Nokia E series phones. My personal phone is an E63. I find it hard to believe that Symbian is talked about like it is very low on the list of used os platforms.
  6. Bobby
    January 06, 2010 at 2:34pm
    yeah i have a wii too and i would really like to see pandora on the wii
  7. Kaleb p.
    January 09, 2010 at 9:48am
    Verizon Wireless enV Touch please :) I LOVE PANDORA! it's introduced such good bands that similar qualities as the classic rock like guns n roses and motley crue that i've not had that much access to without pandora. I would love pandora for the enV touch, and i also second the wii option, :)
  8. Jack
    January 11, 2010 at 8:35pm
    Put pandora on the nokia E71x already....seriously
  9. eric klein
    January 12, 2010 at 8:19pm
    Pandora for the wii??...I heard that there was some testing being done. How's it going???
  10. Steve Petersen
    January 13, 2010 at 6:33pm
    Another bump for Pandora on the Wii. Please!