UPDATE: July 10, 2008. We see from the comments that many of you want Pandora on the iPhone. It’s available now — enjoy!

Late last year I wrote on this blog that when we started Pandora we set out to do 5 things, and that we’d so far only been able to talk about four of them.
Well, tonight we can finally take the wraps off a secret project that we started just about a year ago that lets us tackle that “5th thing.”
Over the course of the last year, we’ve had a team developing something we call the Pandora Everywhere Platform.
This is a entirely new system, that allows us to unleash Pandora from the desktop and delivery to any device, in any music format, over any network wired or wireless with capacity for 10’s of millions of users enjoying the same simple Pandora experience they’ve come to expect at Pandora.com.
Using this platform we’re going to be able to take Pandora to places that it simply couldn’t go before and tonight we’re announcing the first two offerings based on this new system:
Pandora for Sprint
Pandora for Sonos

Comments

1. Jesse
    May 29, 2007 at 1:21pm
    I have a Palm Treo 700P with Sprint. I will be glad to pay the fee per month whenever you guys get support for this model. Jess
  2. Greg
    May 29, 2007 at 10:08pm
    I NEED Pandora on Verizon! I already use my phone (Samsung sch-a970) as a mini-boombox; and listen to Pandora at home. The two can be combined. It's possibe. It's beautiful. Make it happen. Please!
  3. Mike
    May 30, 2007 at 12:32pm
    I noticed when shopping for mobile broadband service for my laptop Verizon does not allow you to download, stream or upload music, and videos. Youtube, Pandora etc... are banned under the verizon broadband service, as well as sending attachments via e-mail that contain video or music files yet Sprint allows all of that. I suspect that the Verizon network can not handle the load hence why Pandora is only available for Sprint? In any event I would never sign up for a verizon broadband account that limits what website you can use, on their "unlimited" plan.
  4. Reggie
    May 30, 2007 at 6:19pm
    I downloaded the trial version of Pandora through Sprint but when someone calls me it won't come through unless the caller leaves a voice mail and until after I stop listening to music. I intend to pay the $2.99 when the trial runs out but I want to know if the full version will allow calls to come through. Can anyone answer this? Thanks I would love to use the Wii to listen as well. Pandora Everywhere is the best!
  5. Tom Conrad
    May 31, 2007 at 2:41pm
    Hi Reggie, Sadly the Sprint network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls so we can't deliver a version of Pandora on Sprint that will pause the music when you receive a call. Very frustrating limitation -- perhaps the worst thing about the entire solution in my opinion. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  6. Liz Bailey
    June 01, 2007 at 5:01pm
    I know you can't be all things to all people. I was so sad to loose Pandora while traveling in Korea. (I'm an American working in South Korea for the next few years.) Any luck with Pandora worldwide? Your service is GREAT. I can't find anything that even comes close. I just want to send my encouragement for you to keep trying to make Pandora available everywhere in the world.
  7. Tom
    June 01, 2007 at 6:02pm
    Any one know when Pandora will be available on the Upstage?
  8. Travis
    June 04, 2007 at 1:30am
    Most sprint phones have codes you can type in to make voice calls take precedence over the data connection. Im sure pandora cant support such usage of your phone, and i have no idea what it would do to the software if it were interrupted, but you can google it and find out!
  9. Diego
    June 04, 2007 at 9:13am
    I was thinking .. Pandora and Myspace maybe .. If it's not already available, of course.
  10. Mo
    June 07, 2007 at 6:07pm
    Another thunbs up for Pandora on the Wii.