UPDATE: July 10, 2008. We see from the comments that many of you want Pandora on the iPhone. It’s available now — enjoy!

Late last year I wrote on this blog that when we started Pandora we set out to do 5 things, and that we’d so far only been able to talk about four of them.
Well, tonight we can finally take the wraps off a secret project that we started just about a year ago that lets us tackle that “5th thing.”
Over the course of the last year, we’ve had a team developing something we call the Pandora Everywhere Platform.
This is a entirely new system, that allows us to unleash Pandora from the desktop and delivery to any device, in any music format, over any network wired or wireless with capacity for 10’s of millions of users enjoying the same simple Pandora experience they’ve come to expect at Pandora.com.
Using this platform we’re going to be able to take Pandora to places that it simply couldn’t go before and tonight we’re announcing the first two offerings based on this new system:
Pandora for Sprint
Pandora for Sonos

Comments

1. hillary hartley
    May 22, 2007 at 10:39pm
    Congrats on all the updates/upgrades! Now I may finally have to give in and get a Sonos system.
  2. travis
    May 23, 2007 at 1:35am
    I think the nintendo Wii is a brilliant way to get pandora into living rooms ... have you considered making a Wii-friendly page? It should be quite easy! Just need a smaller memory footprint judging by the error the Wii gives me when I try to load it now :)
  3. dep
    May 23, 2007 at 7:16am
    btw guys, the new skin is GORGEOUS.
  4. Dan
    May 23, 2007 at 7:20am
    Great job guys. Ooh, and I second the Wii idea! http://geeklimit.com/2007/05/23/pandora-goes-mobile/
  5. Bruce
    May 23, 2007 at 8:04am
    I hope Pandora is working on support for Symbian S60v3 phones that are WiFi-enabled like the Nokia N73, N80, N95, etc. These are already great music phones (Rhapsody-To-Go already supports the N95). The problem is that I don't want (the admittedly cool) Rhapsody-To-Go, I want Pandora. What's even better is that these phones are carrier-independent (I use T-Mobile, but they don't even sell my phone) and sold directly from Nokia, so Pandora doesn't have to sell its soul to a carrier to reach its customers. Just let us subscribe and download the software. It's better for customers and better for Pandora.
  6. Jeremy
    May 23, 2007 at 9:03am
    If you can get a deal with Cingular, I would finally have a reason to get the unlimited data package. We all love what you guys do, keep up the good work!
  7. James
    May 23, 2007 at 10:10am
    How about a pandora for the Tivo? It's a very simple API, and you host everything on your own servers; You don't even have to make an agreement with TiVo, just design the app. The TiVo remote even has thumbs up and thumbs down buttons already! If you guys had an open API for pandora, I'd write the thing myself.
  8. Dan
    May 23, 2007 at 11:49am
    Great job on the new platforms, and the new look is great. Thanks for the fantastic service.
  9. j_c
    May 23, 2007 at 2:28pm
    Yup, Pandora everywhere - but only in the states....
  10. Guy