Finally broke down and picked up some voice recognition software today. It was that or wrist casts! I’ve been having a wonderful time corresponding with all the music lovers that have become part of pandora. And I really mean ‘part of’ pandora. We’re reading every word: bug fixes, new feature ideas, suggestions for improving the interface, and what probably stands out most – the unbelievable number of music recommendations – simply fantastic. Everything from out of print bluegrass gems to underground death metal must-haves; from great garage recordings with hastily pasted UPC stickers, to early records from legends that we didn’t even know existed. If this continues, the Music Genome Project will in no time become the world’s greatest record collection.
Perhaps the most gratifying part of the last month has been this vivid reminder, in the form of this flood of wonderfully thoughtful and personal emails, of just how much music means to everyone. Thanks to all of you for your generosity in sharing your musical passion and history with us.
Keep it comin’… (sorry in advance for the slower replies… doing our best)
Also, I want to start meeting you. I’m going to drop a note when I’m travelling to various cities and towns. Would love to sit down and talk music. Check in periodically to see when we’re doing it next. NYC is on the list this week.

Comments

1. Rich
    January 07, 2006 at 2:40pm
    I was told about your website by a friend who thought it was good. I have just used it for the first time and was extremely disappointed with it. How are Tommy 'Talentless' Lee and 'Pisspoor' Poison in anyway related to Mudhoney, have you or any of your staff ever actually heard a Mudhoney track. I noticed that both of those tracks are off recently released albums. Perhaps you are receiving money from their record labels. all the best. Rich.
  2. darryl
    January 07, 2006 at 7:02pm
    just wondering if you can keep us canadians informed as to any progress getting the rights to offer us your nifty service. thanks
  3. jermaine
    January 07, 2006 at 9:20pm
    Well, I really like the concept, the fact that you can choose a song, then the player will bring you other artists or songs along the same genre., then you can adjust, simply by thumbs up or down. This is similar to yahoo music, but more variety of songs, such as somewhat non-"pop", which I really like. I was wondering..., yahoo has this widget program that I like, would it be possible to develop a widget for pandora members, so that they don't necessarily have to open a webpage to open a pandora player, and have the same functionality, I have seen other online radio players made for them, and I know nothing about coding, but I'm sure it would only take a few hours to create one, using what they describe as easy to develop. Here's the link,http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/ and if i need to develop on my own, I will need some info on how the player works, simple things, I believe, actually, I'm sure. please respond at your convenience. thank you. Jermaine G.
  4. peetee
    January 09, 2006 at 10:03am
    really cool idea, love the site. Only thing that"s disapointing is the shortage of non american music. I guess it will come though.Try Alabama 3,strangely from London.
  5. Isabel Von Fechtmann
    January 09, 2006 at 12:42pm
    Carissimo Tom. As a writer/producer./composer, who happened to know chaps like miles, Dizzy, Sarah, Ella, Jobim, the Bossman,,,,,,I find your site too divine for words. Of course, you are expanding and some kinks are bound to occur. What the diable. I am patient. I must have over 15 stations of my own and counting. But dahling, I have just attempted to share with 25 friends and relatives in all 5 continents...so far no one has received my station''BODY AND SOUL'' Contessa Isabel von Fechtmann from the Italian Riviera Ciao. I shall endeavor to send more communiques. I'd adore to host a Pandora party in Italy. I used to be Gucci PR worldwide so you can just imagine.
  6. Isabel von Fechtmann
    January 09, 2006 at 1:00pm
    MIO CARO,. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY TYPO . I AM MORTIFIED THAT I WROTE TOM INSTEAD OF TIM. TILL SOONEST. CONTESSA Isabel von Fechtmann
  7. Ken
    January 10, 2006 at 8:26am
    I love it, I love it, I love it!! I'm sure a lot of the concerns previously mentioned will be addressed in later releases. I'd like to add the ability to add songs from specific time periods. For instance, suppose I wanted to hear just 70's funk or hip hop from 2005 or the latest releases within the past 3 months, that sort of search. Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeves!! Thanks. K
  8. Isabel von Fechtmann
    January 10, 2006 at 9:52am
    Tim Caro, Thank you for your prompt reply. Compliments of an efficient assistant or of You? Pandora is truly great fun. I wold be ever so grateful if one of your collaborators, one of those sweetum geeks , could help me out with sharing my radio stations. That is a zowie way of expanding/growing/proselytising/propagatingPandora. I speak five languages, more accurately they are 7 languages. I love listening to songs in Spanish/Castilian, Brazilian - indeed I have Jobim and Ellis Regina stations. I knew Tony Jobim well. He was often a houseguest in my villa in Florence, along with Vinicius de Moraes, the Real Pater of the Bossa Npva..... Toquinho, Veloso, Gil, Nascimento and Flora Purim. There is a young Jazz singer, Russo-Canadian, who can't be over 21. Her name is Sophie Milman. If you want to hear the colors and see the sounds - listen to Sophie. She is with Linus Entertainment, recently snapped up by Universal. I have her website somewhere. There is also Hugh Masekela, too cool for words. He used to live in exile in London, whilst Madiba ( Mandela ) was in prison. Hugh used to be married to Miriam Makeba, Mama Africa. There's Ofra, the Yemenite Jewess who is stupendous. Several uncorrupted gypsies, singing from Serbia and Romania which are notable singers.. Then , there is the music of Hildegarde von Bingen, dead 900 years. Several New Age gals from NCal recorded her songs. It's to get goose pimples. Perhaps, I should not say she was a Saint , a mystic, prophetess/seer, composer, doctor, painter. There is a great deal of gratuitous religious bashing going on, If you are serious about the genome project, some music in Aramaic, Arabic and ancient Hebrew, SYriac, Classical and ecclesiastical Latin would not be turned away by me. I would even assist. Warmest Regards, Contessa Isabel von Fechtmann
  9. Andrew Hagan
    January 12, 2006 at 8:17am
    Pandora is awesome. Keep up the good work.
  10. Michael Diamond
    January 12, 2006 at 2:56pm
    Here's a suggestion: Allow me to choose what type of music I want. For example, sometimes I put in something, and pandora will choose to use major key tonality. Maybe I want minor key tonality. Why couldn't I control this myself? Also, It would be cool if Pandora considered things outside of rhythmic syncopation, etc. Why couldn't it include emotion? I like Nick Drake because you can hear pain. Could you code the songs for more abstract elements? Maybe I could even choose which way you evaluate the song, for instance, by bass style, if it includes guitar solos with a ton of reverb. Anything could be possible.

Reply to Becky Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )