Over the course of the year since we launched Pandora, one of the most gratifying things for me personally has been the chance to correspond with many of you about the things that you love and hate about Pandora. We’ve been able to answer some of your feature requests with little tweaks here and there, but some of your great ideas meant we had to make some big changes. I’m incredibly excited to tell you that tonight we’ve launched a version of Pandora that tackles some of those tougher problems.
We’ve heard quite often that you want ways to get a wider variety of styles in one listening session. Some of you are looking for stations that are an eclectic mix of all of the kinds of music you love, not just one style. Tonight we’re rolling out a brand new feature called “QuickMix” to answer that request head on. When you visit Pandora, you’ll discover the QuickMix button at the bottom of your station list. Click the button, tell us which of your stations you want to mix together, and click “Listen Now”. We’ll automatically create a station that shuffles those stations together. You can also share your mix station with your friends.
You’ve also told us that we sometimes play a song that you like, but it’s just not a good fit for the station it’s on. Our new “Move this song” feature will let you take it off of the current station and move it to one of your other stations. This is one of our most-requested features and now it’s an option under the song menu. When you hear something you want to move, just click the album art and select “Move this song to another station.”
Finally, some of you have taken us up on the offer to create 100 distinct stations. One thing is clear: with that many stations it can be pretty hard to find the one you’re looking for. Especially since we always sort them in the order you created them. Not anymore. Now you can choose to sort the stations alphabetically too. Just click the “Your Stations” line above the station list to choose your sort preference.
Thanks for inspiring us here every day at Pandora. We love your ideas and suggestions. Keep ’em coming!

Comments

1. Matt
    September 16, 2010 at 12:35pm
    Agreed... Graphic Equalizer pls!
  2. Joe
    September 28, 2010 at 6:37pm
    I really love what Pandora represents, and the content it provides. I would hate to see the free version disappear, as that is what made Pandora what it is today. I believe that Pandora's biggest flaw, is the complete absence of a graphic equalizer.
  3. Ethan
    October 08, 2010 at 10:08am
    Paying customer, couldn't live without Pandora! Graphic Equalizer plz...I've been THIRSTING for one! And also, a "by-genre" seed option. I'll seed a song and eventually wind up completely out of the genre I'm looking for and wind up listening to music I didn't wanna hear (Like, listening to dance-oriented songs and winding up with techno...not my bag of tea!) So, keyword filtering, or genre filtering would be awesome!
  4. Angel
    October 11, 2010 at 10:11am
    Graphic Equalizer please! I use Audio Hijack Pro on my Mac to equalize the audio from Pandora but I shouldn't need a $32 app to do just that. So any Mac users out there wanting an equalizer, just get the app and play with it a bit, it does wonders with the relative low bitrate Pandora stream!
  5. ER
    October 25, 2010 at 9:25am
    I recently switched from Iphone to Android, Pandora is great on both, but for some reason I cannot see my bookmarks anymore? Can you please add the bookmarks to the Android version?
  6. Brendan
    November 02, 2010 at 1:39pm
    A graphic equalizer is desperately needed
  7. dianna
    November 08, 2010 at 3:28pm
    Hello There We are trying to get in touch with QuickMix regarding a GIG.. does anyone have his agent or management info?
  8. Mike
    November 25, 2010 at 10:25am
    Please add a graphic EQ or partner with someone to provide one. EQ, EQ, EQ!
  9. Dan
    November 27, 2010 at 4:04pm
    yo guys i bought the Pandora one desktop app. and am very disappointed that there is no equalizer honestly i thought paying 36 bucks a year wouldn't be so bad for a desktop app. of Pandora honestly i figured there would be a little more features i definitely will go back to online version if there is no improvements.
  10. Brendon W
    December 13, 2010 at 8:36am
    An EQ is definitely needed. Based on the comments above, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way. This shouldn't require that much time and development. Please make it happen. Happy and Loyal customer. BW