Wow – what memorable evenings we have had!
Zeum Audience1.jpg
Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Zeum and SWIG gatherings over the past week. They were great opportunities to hear from the hometown crowd directly – long overdue. Particularly enjoyable for the many Pandora employees who were finally able to attend a town hall meeting in person, rather than rely on blogs and emails. Special for all of us.
We had 230 folks show up at Zeum… !!

ZEUM Audience3.jpg
Thanks to Ebba and co. for being, shall we say ‘flexible’ with the firecode! We had well over 400 RSVPs and had to quickly figure out another place to host the 150+ folks who we had to redirect. Fortunately, we had an event on the calendar with AMP3 for the following week. Smaller, but just as much fun.
SWIF Audience1.jpg
amppandora2.jpg
Lots of great questions and comments on both nights: UPC codes on homemade CDs, “add this song to another station” style feature requests, the need for greater variety on playlists, suggestions for Norwegian music, more granular feedback options, community features, and a lovely testimonial on a Mahalia Jackson-driven discovery of little known gospel phenom Sister Gertrude Morgan… to name a few.
We really do learn a lot at these events. A number of the engineering team working on the features attended both events, so they really got to hear firsthand what people want. I know I speak for everyone from Pandora in saying that these are profoundly rewarding and motivating for all of us. Thanks for sharing your passion, enthusiasm and affection.
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. anonymous prude
    July 30, 2006 at 12:23pm
    Explicit Lyrics Problem in Workplace Environment. Hi Pandora! Can't tell you how much we all appreciate the service here at Uchicago. But, one thing that sometimes comes up is the problem of explicit lyrics in the workplace environment.. For example, all of a sudden, we'd get Dan Bern's "No missing link" song about aliens fucking the monkey (again and again...). While we can give it a thumbs down, it would be nice if we had a preference to "censor" songs with explicit words from certain stations.
  2. Amy
    July 31, 2006 at 2:31pm
    I don't know why I haven't heard about Pandora until now. I think my friends are selfish and mean-spirited and are conspiring to keep this delightful thing to themselves. Not friends. Frenemies. Thank you, Tim, for Pandora. I love the simplicity and the user-friendliness. I love that if I say "hey, I don't like Jack Johnson so much" you cool it with the jam bands and get back to my sweet, silky REM tunes. Thank you for showing me new stuff I might never have stumbled upon otherwise. I look forward to becoming more familiar with this service. So far my jaw drops with every click. I would hug you if I met you. Thank you, again!
  3. John
    July 31, 2006 at 2:38pm
    Two big changes have happened since discovering Pandora: someone else is programming my playlists which makes them more interesting!, and my street cred has gone up since introducing my son and friends to Pandora. Keep up the marvelous work!
  4. John
    July 31, 2006 at 2:43pm
    This may not be the place for this comment, but I can't think of another... There seems to be a quirk on my jazz station. It seems to like to stick to a particular type of soloist for a number of tracks (guitar, piano, bass, etc.) Takes away from the random feel. Is this accidental or on purpose? Is it a way of avoiding it feeling as if it is chopping and changing??
  5. Logan
    July 31, 2006 at 9:16pm
    i would rather it not take any longer to load than it has to, i already have a really slow computer, and i just wanna listen to music and not wait for stuff to load, besides, why are you wanting to try and pretty it up if you're only going to be listening to it, unless you are watching the player the whole time
  6. Jo
    July 31, 2006 at 10:43pm
    Hi Tim and Lucia, I just wanted to stop by and tell you and your extremely talented staff how grateful I am for all of your hard work. I'm a former musician as well as a (former) avid music listener -- I'm at "that age" where some but not much of the mainstream music I hear on the radio doesn't appeal to me anymore. Pandora has turned me on to bands and songs that resonate perfectly (underscore "perfectly") with my tastes, and I know I would've never found them on my own. I love listening to music again!!! Thanks so much, and I look forward to more!
  7. Oh By The Way,
    August 01, 2006 at 4:00am
    What About Covers? Would It Be Possible To Create A Station Playing Covers And Hopefully Pandora Gets The Hints And Recco's More Of Them?
  8. Matthew
    August 01, 2006 at 8:03am
    Hello, I was just wondering if there was a way to keep track and playback any of the songs we listen to? It would be nice if we could keep a rolling archive of all the songs we liked,instead of just bookmarking the song?
  9. Michael
    August 01, 2006 at 9:19am
    Hi Tim I want to thank you and your staff for all the hard work you guys do for all of us, i'm from Venezuela (South America) and if it wasnt for your site i would be still listening that punishment from God called "reggeaton", your radio is the escape window that i have from this music and thats the reason why i made it my home page, i even have the link for pandora on my msn nickname because i think this is the best website ever. I can't ask you to come to Venezuela because i know is like asking the Pope to come to my house, but now you know that you guys have a fan down here that listen to your radio everyday and it thanks God every single day for it.
  10. Ojus
    August 01, 2006 at 11:52am
    Hey guys, Great job with the site. One thing I would definitely appreciate would be a "mix radio" station, which would randomly bring up songs from all of the radio stations I've made. Thanks and keep up the great work! Ojus

Reply to Jin Cancel Reply