We’re very excited today to launch our partnership with GlobalGiving. This is the begining of what will become a continual effort to weave music-based philanthropy into Pandora.
little_kids_photo_02.jpgA central tenet of our company is a commitment to giving back to music and to the community. We intend to use whatever megaphone we have to support worthy causes and encourage others to do the same.
If you have a minute, take a look at the new site. Whether it’s through us, or any other means, we hope you’ll join us in this effort – we believe very strongly in the power of music to enrich and empower people’s lives.
Thanks again for being such wonderful listeners…
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Rick
    September 14, 2006 at 1:12pm
    A fantastic idea and follow thru. It's great to be able to set your own music depending on mood or time. Lovin it!
  2. Cassandra Pena
    September 14, 2006 at 2:20pm
    I have only been listed to the Pandora Internet Free Radio station for about a week now and I really enjoy listening to my favorite Artists. I have refered several co-workers to sign on as well and we all have praised this station highly. I only wish that I could that the CD Covers were a little clearier or allow you to click on the picture to get a closer look. I love to see the Artists of Jazz songs so I will know who they are and I like to see the year when the CD's came out.
  3. delphine
    September 14, 2006 at 3:37pm
    Hey, since I discovered you each day I'm more astonished by your genial idea. I love you ! You open a great window in me. I just have one thing to say, I created a "Paris Combo" radio. In your description you say that there are portuguese lyrics but you're wrong cause there are french lyrics.
  4. Aristides Pereira
    September 15, 2006 at 1:10am
    Dear Tim, Thanks a lot for the wonderful website that Pandora.com is. As a Brazilian, music for me is a big part of my life and being able to listen to some great hits while working on my desk or just doing some monotonous research work is simply divine. Even better is knowing the same project has good intentions and philanthropy as its grassroots. Let me know if you guys ever need a hand in anything going on in Japan/Brazil. Good vibes always.
  5. Martin
    September 15, 2006 at 3:36am
    Hi! I really like Pandora. Two questions. What share of the music is from the US? Secondly, do my different radios stations remember my previous choices? I mean they start anew each time, and do not save the previous sequence of songs. Or can I save rhem?
  6. Dennis Whittle
    September 15, 2006 at 6:50am
    Hi Tim, GlobalGiving is thrilled to be undertaking this partnership with Pandora. Pandora is emerging as a real leader in the music space, and this initiative makes Pandora an innovator in the music philanthropy space as well. To all Pandora listeners, I urge you to look at the site - the projects are incredible. I have already blogged about one of them and will be blogging the others in the next couple of weeks. Best, Dennis Whittle, co-founder of GlobalGiving.
  7. Clark Foster
    September 15, 2006 at 12:14pm
    I love Pandora...what a great concept!
  8. ELIJAH HOLBROOK
    September 23, 2006 at 10:36am
    WHATS GOOD WIT U IM 16 AND I LIVE IN MIDDLE TOWN AND I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK GO I HAVE A STATION I CAN CALL MY OWN THAMKS MUCH
  9. Charles Burnett
    September 27, 2006 at 11:04am
    You have given us guys of the "Big Band" era a great choice of our favorite "oldies"....Thank you
  10. Sheila
    October 02, 2006 at 4:54am
    I discovered this awesome website while reviewing for an exam this morning. I like the concept and I have to say its the best ever! Finally an online radio that listens to what type of music I like. I also like your charitable projects which help promote music to kids and teens. Thank you so much Music Genome Project!