Comments

1. Dave Schaub
    June 25, 2009 at 4:47am
    I upgraded the second I saw this. Not even for the features, I'm running Linux and it doesn't look like the desktop app is supported on Linux, I just feel they deserve some of my money based on how often I use their service. By the way, great video. Thanks! Kind regards, Dave
  2. Brian
    June 25, 2009 at 6:03am
    Anyone have ideas for improving sound quality when playing Pandora through a stereo receiver? My sound is muffled and lacks brightness no matter how I set my treble and bass.
  3. Ian Roberts
    June 25, 2009 at 8:03am
    I've been enjoying the higher quality of music with Pandora One, and I tried out the desktop app. There are two things that I really miss from the regular horizontal view, though. I miss seeing the last song played and being able to thumb it up or down, and I can't find a way to alter what stations are used in my QuickMix. For now, on OS X, I've been using Pandora Boy, which also works with my Apple Remote. Thanks for all you do. I've discovered (and bought!) a lot of new music because of Pandora.
  4. Chris S
    June 25, 2009 at 8:20am
    I'm pretty much sold on Pandora One. However..... will the no-ad and higher quality also carry over to my Blackberry since it's all still on the same account? If not, do you have some kind of a timeline on when this will be included? Also, I typically listen to Pandora at work and at home (three computers total). Does the 'license' allow for having the desktop app on all three? Or is there a limit?
  5. Tony
    June 25, 2009 at 8:20am
    I'll need the backward and forward arrows to traverse the songs that have been played before I'll start using the desktop application. Once that's available, it sounds like a great app.
  6. Rob
    June 25, 2009 at 10:03am
    First of all I just want to say that I love the new desktop app and Pandora One. Having no ads and the higher bitrate are major selling points of Pandora One, but once the app is updated to having all of the same features as the website, it could very well become the best part. I have no doubt that you are already working on implementing some of the features still missing, so I just want to echo how important some of them are to me. In the desktop app I would still like to be able to see (and provide feedback to) at least one previous song. I want to be able to give a thumbs up/down to a song after I have finished listening to it in the app. Also, I use the "move this song to another station" feature extensively, and it is the one that I miss the most when using the desktop app. If you can implement these two things, the desktop app will be nearly perfect (in my opinion). Thanks for making a great product and for being a great group of people who have a passion for music and sharing that passion with others.
  7. Rey
    June 25, 2009 at 10:24am
    Bravo! Just a quick note, I was a long time subscriber with satellite Radio. Recently I just switched over to Pandora|One. Hands down, you are by far more superior to the rest. I went to Vegas last weekend where we hooked you up to a portable Bose system. Needless to say you were the hit at Encore's pool, chillin' over cocktails surrounded by striking people. Keep up the good work and I shall indeed pass on your name to those who have not yet discovered you...
  8. Matt Sweeny
    June 25, 2009 at 12:36pm
    My only comment is I would for sure sign up for Pandora One if Paypal was offered as a payment method. Anyway to let me know if PayPal is an option to pay for this service? I only saw a a credit card payment option.
  9. Trey
    June 25, 2009 at 12:51pm
    Pandora one is pretty awesome. Love the audio quality and I like the look of the desktop app. Couple of quick comments though - the desktop app should really have an option for hotkey and/or media key support. Also, it's a slightly annoying that the player doesn't remember where I last placed it when it opens, so I have to position every time I open it. But, despite those small suggestions, Pandora One is great, I recommend it to everyone.
  10. Paul Theodoropoulos
    June 25, 2009 at 10:59pm
    love the desktop app - but still room for improvements. 1. it'd be nice to have the volume slider simply built in along the top of the play/pause/thumbs bar - between it and the album art. i adjust the volume fairly often - it would be nice to have it be a one-click affair, rather than a three click affair. 2. i'm on windows (xp at home, windows 7 at work) and one thing i miss is the ability to move the app window to a specific place on my desktop, then hold SHIFT while clicking the 'close' button to force the app to re-open at that spot thereafter. control over my screen real estate is important! 3. echo the request to be able to thumbs up/down already played tracks. other than those relatively minor desired features, love love love the desktop app, and pandora one. well worth the three bucks a month it works out to. three bucks a month for unlimited music enjoyment - a steal.

Reply to ClubPenguinCheats Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )