I made you a couple of stations for Valentine’s Day. See what you think!
I took suggestions from listeners and from Pandora staff, and together we came up with these two stations:
Bitter Valentine
Songs of disenchantment, frustration, martyrdom and heartbreak.
Community Valentine
Songs involving the schmoopy, the loving, and the sentimentalists.
100696312_b8c904abe5_m.jpg
[photo by Sister72]
Both stations are great, though honestly, I like the “bitter” station a little better. And may I suggest that you even try the two stations QuickMixed together? Both themes mixed together is probably closest to real-life experience anyway. 😉
Enjoy your weekend, however you celebrate or ignore the holiday.
Hearts and chocolate,
Lucia

we_heart_pandora.jpg

This valentine glitter art was mailed to us by a young fan of Pandora, with help from his mom. It’s prominently posted in the Pandora HQ kitchen, of course.

Comments

1. Derek
    February 11, 2009 at 9:15pm
    When is Pandora going to be available for the LG Dare? Hopefully soon!
  2. jacob vasquez
    February 12, 2009 at 5:59am
    thats a realy good picture
  3. dave
    February 13, 2009 at 8:28am
    bless the broken road this is rascal flats best song by far that was a good choice to start of with i really have not been disapointed for any of the songs you have played for me so far thanks
  4. Matt Batt
    February 13, 2009 at 1:51pm
    I'm a big fan of Pandora - please keep up the "Music Genome Project" as it is incredible. I have to ask why we haven't seen you on Twitter yet...this could be an amazing tool for this site. Please let me know if I might be able to assist/advise. Happy Valentine's Day to each of you at Pandora! Matt
  5. fonny
    February 13, 2009 at 4:00pm
    Hey Pandora/Lucia, Off topic, but I'd like to suggest that you allow users to customize the amount of time that "Zzz" puts each song to sleep. So for example, maybe I want to not hear song X for a month, but I don't want to hear song Y for a whole YEAR. There are lots of songs that I would probably not want to hear in my catch-all Pandora station because they are already in my iTunes playlist, but I also don't want to give them thumbs down and narrow the range of my station. Given that I listen to Pandora almost every day (thanks you guys!!) I feel like I am constantly putting songs to sleep even though I know that I'm "only" doing it once a month for each song. I suggested making the length of "Zzz" customizable because based on my perusal of this blog, I see some users suggesting different durations -- two weeks, three months, etc., so I wonder if it's possible to let that option be user-customizable. Other than that, thanks for your great service :) PS: I don't know if I am the only person who is having this problem, but sometimes I put a song to sleep only to have it show up three songs later! (Without getting a message from Pandora saying they failed to save my input.)
  6. Jack Simon
    February 14, 2009 at 11:30am
    Kevin HELP!!!. I have the info on the four CD's all set. I tried to send them, but the e-mail address is ng. Send me the e-mail address and I'll forward the notes. Your faithful scribe
  7. Blake
    February 15, 2009 at 8:28pm
    Maybe since valentines day is over you can get rid of the terrible advertisement for choke. It is a little offensive
  8. Alexis
    February 16, 2009 at 12:29pm
    NICE!!
  9. hopeforthefuture
    February 17, 2009 at 12:05pm
    I am so frustrated with Pandora! I tried it a few years ago and I am trying it again today, with the same futile results. First, I made a station based on Lykke Li. Great but not enough variety. So I added in a diverse range of artists which happened to include Joao Gilberto (as well as Bobby McFerrin, Bruce Cockburn, and John Klemmer). Now all I've had for eight songs in a row is Brazilian. So Boring! What's wrong?????????
  10. Lucia @ Pandora
    February 18, 2009 at 11:00am
    Thanks for the comments! @ Matt - Mike already got back to you via email.... we're here on twitter: http://twitter.com/pandora_radio @ fonny - Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions! @ Jack - I'll make sure Kevin sees your note. @ Blake - Thanks for the input. I appreciate that. I've shared your thoughts with our ad team. @ hopeforthefuture - We'll email you personally to get your station worked out. Cheers, Lucia

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )