Today we’re launching Pandora + Squeezebox.
Squeezebox, from Slim Devices, is simply the best way to deliver digital music to your home stereo. It’s a beautiful device, with an elegant user interface and exceptional audio quality. Plug it into your home network (wired or wireless) and enjoy Pandora from the comfort of your couch. You’ll be able to listen to all of the stations you’ve been creating at Pandora.com, rate songs, and bookmark favorites all with a simple remote control.
Pandora + Squeezebox is available to Pandora subscribers ($36 for a year or $12 for three months) and will work with any Squeezebox 2 as well as the new (and very beautiful) Squeezebox 3.
Pandora and Slim Devices are offering free 90 day Pandora subscriptions to new and current Squeezebox 2 and 3 owners. To get started you’ll need to signup for Squeezenetwork. When you connect your account with your ad-supported-free Pandora.com account (you’ll do this from your account page at the Squeezenetwork website) we’ll automatically upgrade you to a 90-day-free subscription on Pandora. No credit card required.
Click here to learn more about Pandora + Squeezebox.

Here’s what David Pogue at the New York Times had to say recently about Slim Devices and Pandora:

“the Squeezebox will do something no other hi-fi component can do: it will hook into Pandora… Slim Devices predicts that Pandora will become a wildly popular feature, and that’s probably true.” (read the entire story, see the video)

Comments

1. JJZ
    March 01, 2006 at 5:12pm
    I'm just waiting for Pandora + Xbox 360.
  2. David Sabens
    March 02, 2006 at 9:32am
    This looks like an amazing device. As a college student, I have appreciated the value of an mp3, however your program forces them into obsolecence. I know that once I graduate and have a meaningful income, I will jump in line for a squeezegbox. One thing is missing, perhaps select music based on album along with song title and artist name.
  3. colin
    March 02, 2006 at 11:12am
    Two things, that's great but... 1. Any plans to integrate yourself into Windows Media Center? That would be very sweet, in a rare turn, I may actually pay for that! 2. Two bands, Matt Mays and El Torpedo (can you say cocaine cowgirl? and Wintersleep, fine Canadian acts. Tour the world, not just the southern US! Great work and Thank-you!
  4. thomas
    March 03, 2006 at 12:42am
    Very good idea for bringing a good service to an excellent product. I am using it right now :-)
  5. Jackie Parker
    March 03, 2006 at 8:16am
    Squeezebox sounds like something that I will get into! I stumbled upon this site by accident and I'm hooked!!!
  6. Ed
    March 03, 2006 at 9:43am
    Looks like a nice deal, but I'm doing nearly the same thing for < half the cost. I have an Apple Airport Express connected to my stereo. Using ain and justeport, I can stream anything out of my sound card's stereo mix, including Pandora, to my stereo over my wireless network. (you can learn more here http://www.nanocrew.net/2005/07/23/justeport-02/). Don't mean to rain on your parade, it's just that there's more than one way of skinning a cat.
  7. Andy
    March 03, 2006 at 2:09pm
    Sure, but can you view the currently playing song and rate tracks from a remote while sitting on your couch? :)
  8. Juan
    March 03, 2006 at 5:26pm
    i have a squeeze V3 and i just find pandora on my menu the best combination
  9. Gukman
    March 05, 2006 at 10:38am
    I ordered the squeeze V3. Hope it gets delivered soon.
  10. roger