Hello everybody. The Pandora Podcast Series is heading over to the discotheque for a spell. Lace up and hydrate.
podcast_mic.jpg
The new show went up this morning, and our guest is downtempo producer and percussionist Chris Horgan. Chris and his Beatropolis bandmates play live versions of House, Trance and Techno beats, and we discuss studio recordings by Cubase Dan, Debroglie and Nepenthe. We delineate the musical elements that define the House sound, hear the crescendos specific to Trance, and parse out the dry minimalism and African drumming roots of Techno. Whether you’re intimately familiar with electronic dance music or not, there’s something in it for you. Chris, by the way, is a native of the great state of Florida.
Go directly to Episode 13 here, or head over to the main podcast page to see and hear all of these free shows.
Chris and I will be checking the comments section frequently, so fire away if you’ve got anything for us.
Thoomp thoomp thoomp thoomp,
Kevin

Comments

1. Shasta
    June 05, 2007 at 9:29am
    I had tried to add Carly Simon to one of my stations quite some time ago, then just thought I would try again, and you DID get her on here!! Thank you, I love Carly Simon!!! Thanks again Shasta
  2. April Boardman
    June 05, 2007 at 9:38am
    thanks for the good rock
  3. MiMe
    June 05, 2007 at 3:18pm
    SOOOO LOVE the NEW Pandora. everything about it is great. The music-the everything. Haven't been in await that's why it's such a surprise! WOW!!!!! I'll never leave again!!!!!! Thank you so much for the great music!!! Music is my life!!!!
  4. Tastelikemoney
    June 06, 2007 at 1:44pm
    This must be heaven!!!!I have not stopped singing your praises, this is incredible. and free!I am 2 semesters away from my bachelors and this has made study time something to look forward to!!Thank you for making a pressure filled stress related hell of a time bearable!!! Tell all your friends, PANDORA is the ONLY way to go!!!
  5. Bob
    June 06, 2007 at 5:29pm
    A (much younger) friend just showed me your site, and of course we began designing a game using Pandora. We figure someone gets to pick the first artist, but they must name the first song by title to continue to "control" the next selection. You can get a "point" for artist or title, but if someone else guesses before you, they get to add a second artist. If nobody knows the artist or song, it can be skipped, unless of course it's good stuff! Haven't tried playing yet, but I'm sure your listeners will get the idea! Pandora is good stuff.
  6. newkon
    June 06, 2007 at 11:26pm
    thanks for the good rock
  7. sarah
    June 07, 2007 at 5:07am
    drum and basssss all the way. p.s. i <3 this site and the music =)
  8. wow power leveling
    June 07, 2007 at 10:36pm
    so great,good music and i love it very much
  9. hunter
    June 08, 2007 at 6:58pm
    hey this great but i'd really like it if there was a better way to listen to the snogs that i know and want to listen to not just the ones that a simalur...and i understnd why you can't do that but you should try and find out something to do about it?!?!?!?!?! e-mail back plzz
  10. turin.hurinson
    June 10, 2007 at 2:33pm
    It would be nice to have a facebook app for pandora...