Hello everybody. The Pandora Podcast Series is heading over to the discotheque for a spell. Lace up and hydrate.
podcast_mic.jpg
The new show went up this morning, and our guest is downtempo producer and percussionist Chris Horgan. Chris and his Beatropolis bandmates play live versions of House, Trance and Techno beats, and we discuss studio recordings by Cubase Dan, Debroglie and Nepenthe. We delineate the musical elements that define the House sound, hear the crescendos specific to Trance, and parse out the dry minimalism and African drumming roots of Techno. Whether you’re intimately familiar with electronic dance music or not, there’s something in it for you. Chris, by the way, is a native of the great state of Florida.
Go directly to Episode 13 here, or head over to the main podcast page to see and hear all of these free shows.
Chris and I will be checking the comments section frequently, so fire away if you’ve got anything for us.
Thoomp thoomp thoomp thoomp,
Kevin

Comments

1. Cassidy
    May 30, 2007 at 1:10pm
    I heard a techno song once...
  2. malissa
    May 30, 2007 at 1:41pm
    I love your music/ I love picking laid back music after a hard day ,,,Thanks Again
  3. Catherine
    May 31, 2007 at 5:56am
    Thank you for such a great site.Sometimes when i have burdons on my shoulders.Its nice to get up and listen to some inspiring good gospel music..You guy have it all i love this station especially my (Shirley Ceasar)....Praise god and thank you...Catherine
  4. B
    May 31, 2007 at 1:45pm
    Downloading more music than I ever did. Thank you RIAA!
  5. Amy
    June 01, 2007 at 11:02am
    Could you make some sort of distinction between christian and nonchristian music please? I'm a christian and I am not comfortable (nor am I allowed) to listen to nonchristian music.
  6. Brenna
    June 03, 2007 at 7:13pm
    You are awsome! This was so easy! And Free! I haven't heard a song yet that I don't like. Thanks so much!
  7. walter atkins
    June 04, 2007 at 2:19pm
    it is a joy to listen to your station.i think it is the best thing ever. it feels great knowing i can tune in to what ever music i want. again,thank-you for being there for me to listen too. i listen to a variety of music from gospel to country it is all relaxing and has a place in my life. it is therophy to me. it is a way to relax.thanks.
  8. rob
    June 04, 2007 at 5:26pm
    Could you make some sort of distinction between satanic and nonsatanic music please? I'm a satanist and I am not comfortable (nor am I allowed) to listen to nonsatanic music.
  9. Deborah
    June 04, 2007 at 7:48pm
    Is there a way to listen to a whole album?
  10. bobbie