I’m pleased to announce that we’ve released version 2.0 of the Pandora One desktop app. You’ve been telling us that the desktop app is one of your favorite features of Pandora One and it’s great to have the chance to begin the process of refining that experience.
With this release we’ve tried to keep the interface very simple while adding several of the most-requested features:
* You can now view your song history. Just click on the album art to reveal arrows to navigate through the last hour of your playlist. Thumb up (or down) or buy any song that played in the last hour.
* We’ve added a progress bar. Want to know how much is left to play of the current track? Just click the album art to reveal the time elapsed and remaining for the current track.
* Windows users can hover over the system tray icon to see the name of the currently playing artist and song.
* The app remembers where you placed it on your desktop and how loud you like your music. The next time you start it, it’s right where you left it.
* Song transitions have been sped up so you don’t need to wait long for a thumbs down to get rid of the current song.
Our goal is to continue to improve Pandora One over time. Hope you enjoy this first little step in that evolution.

Comments

1. Phred
    April 05, 2011 at 11:24am
    Ditto on that Misty... need to be able to disable the song info pop-up box.
  2. Jon
    May 23, 2011 at 10:16am
    Misty, Phred, It's easy, Go to preferences and un-check "Display notifications on song change" I've been using the Pandora One applet since it was released. I'm still not happy with the performance while I'm doing other complex tasks on my computer and I often have to shut it down when using other software. My computer is a higher end workstation so I know it's not hardware related. After everything I've read elsewhere, I believe that Adobe AIR is just a resource hog. I'd really like to see this fixed as I love everything else about it. I listen for 8 to 10 hours/day while at work.
  3. derek
    August 16, 2011 at 2:38pm
    Turning off that song title notification for the Pandora 1 desktop app was NOT easy. I had change my Google search at least 5 times, and spent roughly 20min searching blogs and forum's. Finally at the end of this forum Misty/Phred was able to clarify it. 'Check the up triangle on the Pandora app, click preferences, and uncheck Display notifications on each song' . Sounds simple enough, but obviously there are others out there who found this frustrating and difficult enough to complain about. Basically, the song title notification is nice, but should be easier to turn on and off ( because it get's annoying quick ), or at least change preferences easier.
  4. M.D. Waters
    October 30, 2011 at 3:44am
    Love the latest version! One thing I'd like added to the app is an "add variety" option/button. If I want to add something to a station I still need to open the website. Thanks!!
  5. Brian
    December 29, 2011 at 12:05am
    Any way to stream Pandora from my iPad to multiple receivers via Airplay? I know you can stream iTunes to multiple receivers such as and apple TV and Airport Express at the same time, but the iPad Pandora app only allows streaming to one device? Is there a fix somewhere? Hipshot
  6. Mike Cancel
    December 29, 2011 at 5:20pm
    @Brian There's no way to stream Pandora to multiple receivers via Airplay. As you mentioned, you can stream to an Airport Express or Apple TV from a supported iOS device, but not to two of them at once. Great suggestion, though!
    1. James Walton
      July 17, 2013 at 4:27pm
      Perhaps a solution would be to make a Pandora plugin for iTunes, WMP, etc that we can play inside those players like a playlist to use the specific functionalities of those programs?
  7. Patrick
    January 06, 2012 at 10:20am
    BIG BIG DITTO ON THE "ADD VARIETY" OPTION TO THE DESKTOP APP [M.D. Waters at October 30, 2011 3:44 AM]... Has this app not been updated for 2 years? Quick Mix repeats, repeats, repeats... not really functional even with dozens of stations... I have found that simply adding one variety to a station gives MUCH BETTER RESULTS... but have to login to the website to do this??? Yes, I am a paying customer!!
  8. Jeff Boos
    January 09, 2012 at 9:08am
    Hi Patrick, We appreciate the feedback. We are definitely working on feature parity, so stay tuned! -Jeff (Pandora)
    1. Kat
      March 12, 2014 at 9:02am
      another vote for "add variety" in the desktop app. Have been a paying PandoraOne customer for years & love it, but that'd be super handy. Thanks!
  9. sharee taylor
    June 28, 2012 at 2:29am
    I lost my music completely.I paid for this service
  10. Bryan Colon
    August 02, 2012 at 6:27pm
    Make it so it can be minimized and hidden in the system tray, please.