I’m pleased to announce that we’ve released version 2.0 of the Pandora One desktop app. You’ve been telling us that the desktop app is one of your favorite features of Pandora One and it’s great to have the chance to begin the process of refining that experience.
With this release we’ve tried to keep the interface very simple while adding several of the most-requested features:
* You can now view your song history. Just click on the album art to reveal arrows to navigate through the last hour of your playlist. Thumb up (or down) or buy any song that played in the last hour.
* We’ve added a progress bar. Want to know how much is left to play of the current track? Just click the album art to reveal the time elapsed and remaining for the current track.
* Windows users can hover over the system tray icon to see the name of the currently playing artist and song.
* The app remembers where you placed it on your desktop and how loud you like your music. The next time you start it, it’s right where you left it.
* Song transitions have been sped up so you don’t need to wait long for a thumbs down to get rid of the current song.
Our goal is to continue to improve Pandora One over time. Hope you enjoy this first little step in that evolution.

Comments

1. velinn
    September 01, 2009 at 10:00pm
    Excellent, love the new features. This is a great little app. Look forward to more in the future. :)
  2. Rob
    September 01, 2009 at 10:23pm
    This is excellent; the desktop app is now exactly as I hoped it would be when I first signed up for Pandora One (which was right when it came out, because all of the features were just too good to pass up). Thank you guys for listening carefully to the numerous feature requests and for always striving to improve our Pandora experience! Keep up the great work.
  3. Keith Mueller
    September 01, 2009 at 10:28pm
    Great updates. But still cannot use the media keys on my keyboard? Even the web app let me do that. What gives?
  4. Jame
    September 01, 2009 at 11:35pm
    Great modifications! I love the song progress bar! And reviewing previous tracks, I tend to forget to rate songs.
  5. Ric Thistlethwaite
    September 02, 2009 at 12:01am
    Folks- FOLKS!!! I run up on this just now: been looking for something like this for many a long decade of years. I am grateful. I despise commercial radio with a strangely heart-felt passion. I like National Socialist Radio (er = NPR) but they ain't enuff songs and not near always to my taste. You have my highest compliments, regards, obeisance and shit-eating grin big and wide. Keep on. Like what I just read about improved desktop. NOW i will get back home from offshore & whomp down jack to upgrade my ratty whore =OOPS= WHOLE house music system to permeate my entire space, the air we breathe the electromagnosphere & the scarily thin gas blanket under which we dwell with music that resonates in what I call my soul (tho' I unbelievalator), my little green world is a better place for the work you have done. May you find happiness thoroughly and to the fullest. Hats off, I salute you. My wife salutes you 2. I remain, yr hmbl svt, Ric the Night company man at West Cameron Block 432 B platform working one over for Dynamic Offshore Resources LLC in a hundred feet of Mexican Gulf water on the Outer Continental Shelf. Glad to have gotten this far to see the technology shine over our lives!
  6. Matt
    September 02, 2009 at 2:30am
    Awesome additions! I didn't realize what the change included when it downloaded, now that i see the changes i'm really glad to have them! Only thing i'm still curious about... call it a Feature Request for V3. Any plans to allow adding new artists/songs to a station from the Desktop App? I used it a lot on the web app, and can't use it now that i'm on the Desktop App. Minor request, great changes! Thanks for adding the functionality!
  7. mjfrombuffalo
    September 02, 2009 at 3:46am
    $36 is more than I want to pay for radio, and putting a $0.99 charge on my credit card every month is a PITA. Why isn't there a $12/year option that offers unlimited listening with ads?
  8. Tristan Summers
    September 02, 2009 at 5:05am
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love all of the improvements in 2.0! A few more to consider: 1. The ability to delete stations and rename stations, currently you have to go to the website to do these things. 2. A toolbar style interface option that can be docked to the bottom, side, or top of the screen. Would need song title, artist, album, progress bar, station, and buttons for all the features offered in Pandora One. 3. A suggested artists tool like that of the one in the website version. Thanks again for improving upon a program that was already above and beyond the quality of any broadcast radio available anywhere in the world!
  9. Joshua Fechter
    September 02, 2009 at 5:22am
    Love the update! It was quick simple and painless! Progress bar is a very nice feature! It just keeps getting better and better. New updates are exactly were you would expect them to be. Nice job guys!!!
  10. Terry
    September 02, 2009 at 5:27am
    appreciate the update, especially the progress bar and the app remembering where i put it. but you know what would be awesome? an android app.