This is a really exciting day for us — after many months of effort we’re finally able to deliver what may be the best form of Pandora yet… Pandora for the iPhone.
iphone-now-playing.jpg
Our iPhone application gives you the full Pandora experience — create and listen to up to 100 stations, rate songs, bookmark, even buy tracks from the iTunes store right on the phone. The application works over EDGE, 3G, and WiFi, is integrated with your Pandora.com account, and best of all it’s completely free.
So hop on over to the iPhone App Store, download the Pandora app, unplug, and take Pandora with you everywhere you go — in the car, on a run, in the park. Everywhere.
You can find screenshots, a video demo, and a link to get started here: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Update: : We’ve been getting all kinds of inquiries about our plans to support a huge variety of other phones: Blackberries, Windows Mobile, Symbian / S60, Instinct, Sidekick. As you may know, we’ve been working on our mobile offering for about 18 months and in that time we’ve brought Pandora to almost 50 different phones. It pains us to not have been able to get a version out for every handset and every operating system yet, but rest assured that we are committed to bringing the Pandora experience to an ever broadening range of phones. Thanks for your patience as we do our best to prioritize and get Pandora running across the entire mobile ecosystem.

Comments

1. Chad
    December 10, 2009 at 6:17pm
    Remote, remote, remote...... I want to drive pandora on my Mac from my iPhone, in my backyard,when I am sipping cocktails.....I bought Airfoil and run Pandora through the whole house but I cannot do anything with Pandora (I don't want to use LogMeIn)
  2. Michelle
    December 16, 2009 at 9:59pm
    Mu rating thumbs have also disappeared, but only for new "stations". Any stations made prior to a month or so ago-- didn't notice exactly when the change occurred-- still has the thumbs. Similar issue with artist information. Works in a pre-existing stations, but contains no artist information in ANY new station. Did something change in an update? Can't remember when the last update was, but maybe something has broke that has caused reduced functionality in all new stations.
  3. Dila
    December 25, 2009 at 4:34am
    I really wish Pandora would continue to run in the background while I do other things on the iPhone..
  4. Justin
    December 28, 2009 at 6:53am
    Not to sound like a broken record, but a big +1 from me on the Pandora iPhone remote app. OR, at a minimum, why not modify the existing Pandora iPhone app to output to Airtunes/Airport Express? So instead of controlling a remote Pandora instance running on your PC/mac, run it from your phone as per usual, but send the output to an Airport Express instead.
  5. Morgan
    January 06, 2010 at 2:47pm
    Would be perfect if it continued to play without having the app open - Droid does it, why can't the iPhone too?!?
  6. greg
    January 28, 2010 at 6:44pm
    +1 more for iphone remote control for pandora. please please please :)
  7. Andrew
    February 16, 2010 at 12:42pm
    Unfortunately the Pandora App does a poor job of working with the Bluetooth remote controls (AVRCP). The ipod starts playing rather than Pandora when the remote control device is operated. Even worse with a 30 pin dock.
  8. Anthony
    February 23, 2010 at 9:08am
    sad to find that I have audio ads now on my iPhone app. Guess it's time to start finding another source for internetz radio
  9. Kirill
    April 02, 2010 at 7:07am
    I have the same problem with the crash on iPhone: updated the previous version of Pandora to the latest release - crash right on the startup.
  10. izzy
    May 10, 2010 at 10:09am
    ive been having trouble using pandora while texting. everytime i get a txt i have to stop the app. any comments or possible solutions are appreciated.. thanks