This is a really exciting day for us — after many months of effort we’re finally able to deliver what may be the best form of Pandora yet… Pandora for the iPhone.
iphone-now-playing.jpg
Our iPhone application gives you the full Pandora experience — create and listen to up to 100 stations, rate songs, bookmark, even buy tracks from the iTunes store right on the phone. The application works over EDGE, 3G, and WiFi, is integrated with your Pandora.com account, and best of all it’s completely free.
So hop on over to the iPhone App Store, download the Pandora app, unplug, and take Pandora with you everywhere you go — in the car, on a run, in the park. Everywhere.
You can find screenshots, a video demo, and a link to get started here: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Update: : We’ve been getting all kinds of inquiries about our plans to support a huge variety of other phones: Blackberries, Windows Mobile, Symbian / S60, Instinct, Sidekick. As you may know, we’ve been working on our mobile offering for about 18 months and in that time we’ve brought Pandora to almost 50 different phones. It pains us to not have been able to get a version out for every handset and every operating system yet, but rest assured that we are committed to bringing the Pandora experience to an ever broadening range of phones. Thanks for your patience as we do our best to prioritize and get Pandora running across the entire mobile ecosystem.

Comments

1. John W
    July 11, 2008 at 6:13am
    Congrats. Maybe Pandora will be the killer app for the iPhone. My first thought was that I need to investigate the phone plans to see how continually streaming music will or won't chew up minutes on the plan.
  2. Yoshi
    July 11, 2008 at 6:27am
    Ahhh!!! Holy smokes, I listened to Pandora on my iPhone during my morning walk to the station this morning, and it was fantastic. :) I got so warm and fuzzy inside, and as a new song started playing, I thought, "Pandora knows me SO WELL! Awesome song! Thumb up!" I think I was carried away by the elation of having Pandora on my phone, though, because on reflection, the song was actually just kind of meh. Still, good times, good times! :) My only sadness comes from the fact that the application has to be open to work. No listening to Pandora while reading email or browsing the web... but I'll take what I can get!
  3. jamie
    July 11, 2008 at 6:28am
    This is so great - I've been wanting something like this on my iPhone from the beginning, and now I don't have to be jealous of all the other phone users that were able to use Pandora.
  4. Bob
    July 11, 2008 at 6:35am
    I remember from the AT&T announcement the bitrate for the Mobile Pandora was around 30 kbps. Is that the case for the iPhone version? also, Pandora on Wii please :) Keep up the great work!
  5. kaichi
    July 11, 2008 at 8:28am
    hey... think you'll ever start having music from other languages on here?
  6. Hrag
    July 11, 2008 at 8:31am
    I'm so excited about this...this rocks! Can't wait to try it out.
  7. stefanie reed
    July 11, 2008 at 9:27am
    A person knows what type of music he or she likes but doesn't always know what or who to listen to. With other estations you type in the music you like they seem to play the same crap or or songs that aren't what we want to hear. Somehow Pandora did it, everything we listeners love, alittle old with the new but all the music we can groove to. Who needs a DJ when you have Pandora Radio. Keep up the Great work.
  8. Brad
    July 11, 2008 at 9:32am
    Tried the App on a friends phone today. Wow!! I can't wait to get it running on my Touch. One very important question, though: How do I remove my account login info from my friend's phone now??????????
  9. yesenia
    July 11, 2008 at 10:08am
    This really is exciting! I know it says it works for the iPod touch, has anyone tried it?? It makes sense that it would. But I can't wait to go home and find out! Otherwise my next phone might be an iPhone, Pandora sold me! Keep up the awesome work!! Pandora is amazing!
  10. Kaare
    July 11, 2008 at 10:54am
    Why is it not available in all countries app store ?