We’ve just rolled out a new release that integrates Pandora with Facebook. By adding Pandora to your Facebook account you’ll be able to:

• Create, listen to, and legally share personalized stations that play full songs
  • Populate your Facebook profile with your favorite stations, songs and artists
  • Learn more about your favorite artists and albums through comprehensive biographies and reviews
  • Keep tabs of your friend’s musical interests with a “dashboard” view of their most recent stations and musical discoveries

You can add it to your Facebook account by visiting this page:
The Pandora Facebook application is fully integrated with Pandora.com so anything you do on Facebook is reflected on Pandora.com and vice versa.
Last night’s release also adds a few neat little enhancements to Pandora.com. Our album art coverage is much, much improved (many fewer boring blue tiles!), we’re now more closely integrated with Amazon so most album links will take you directly to the right page on to buy, and we’ve added high level genre filtering to your station list so you can filter your list of stations down to just one particular genre (just click the “Your Stations” menu at the top of the list to set your filter).
Can’t wait to hear what you think…

Comments

1. Justin S
    August 03, 2007 at 12:39pm
    Pretty cool, although I lack a facebook. I think it would be cool if you could place your custom station on your myspace page. Hopefully some kind of app is available soon.
  2. Roger
    August 03, 2007 at 3:07pm
    Fantastic! Only one thing: even clicking on "See All" in Favourites songs, artists, and station list I can only see a few. Is this the way is supposed to work?
  3. erin
    August 03, 2007 at 4:23pm
    Hi again, You know what would be nice for this Facebook app is if we could choose via checkbox in the Facebook Pandora preferences what we wanted to appear in the news feed/mini-feed. It's a little weird to see a listing of the various times I changed stations on Pandora on a news feed. But hey, I'm sure some people love that part of it. Hence, an option in the preferences would be awesome. I love having the lists on my profile, but it'd be nice to have the option of what shows up as Pandora updates in the news feed.
  4. Scott
    August 05, 2007 at 1:41pm
    Hey, I don't have a facebook, so I can't comment on that feature, but I would like to comment that the "Genre" feature now integrated in the player is... rather too high level, I guess you could say. I listen to everything from rap to rock to metal to ska to punk to techno. However, when I go to the genre option, it lists all but one of my stations under "Rock" and the remaining one under "Electronica". It puts a station built on Reel Big Fish in the same category as one on Everlast, another on Asian Dub Foundation, and even my Breaking Benjamin station, all in "Rock". While I don't argue that all are based on rock, I think there's a bit of a genre change between them. With a database as massively detailed and developed as the Music Genome Project, would a little more specificity be available? Thanks for listening, within the stations themselves the genre classifications work wonderfully.
  5. Tom Bresson
    August 06, 2007 at 10:22am
    Great job Pandora Team! I can't wait to add it to my Facebook profile. I hope maybe someday the developers can make a Pandora widget for Chumby! www.chumby.com Thanks again guys for an awesome listening experience! -Tom
  6. Erin
    August 06, 2007 at 10:38am
    Facebook seems a good move. Too few people know about Pandora still! Do you have the ability to link a user-created pandora station to a blog? I wanted to post a link that would allow my food blog readers to listen to a station I created that is great for dinner parties.
  7. Jim
    August 07, 2007 at 4:28pm
    I wish Pandora would partner with TiVo... Now that would be a great differentiator vs. Cable DVR!
  8. Bela
    August 10, 2007 at 9:35am
    would this be okay... u know... okay... well i have a movie to make with a group 5 people not including me. in the story of pandora, could we add pegasus and hera? just wondering. we need zues, and i'll be taking the lead part of pandora... but yeah. we need hera, and any other greek gods that could be used would help! we have an executive producer and director, and me for the lead as pandora like i said, a producer, wait! Hephaestus and Zues!
  9. Chris
    August 12, 2007 at 5:37pm
    make one for myspace?
  10. Canada Loves Pandora
    August 15, 2007 at 2:59pm
    I found the soft drink for the pandora.com user, Thums Up Cola! ;) I'm joking, of course.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )