We’re getting together this Thursday (Jan 12th, 2006) at MacWorld in San Francisco. Chuck Joiner, a great friend of Pandora and editor of MacVoices is organizing it.
Click here for details.
Where: Piazza Lounge on the second floor of the Renaissance Parc55 Hotel
When: 6:30 – 8 PM.
Tim and I will be there – may also head out for dinner afterwards. Come help us figure out how to get Pandora onto the iPod…!

Comments

1. Amir
    January 24, 2006 at 12:48pm
    Well, i found Pandora yesterday and it is great. your honesty and respect to music as a serius art is adorable. tip: when you click on to move to another song of station or when you click the "thumb down" sign it would be better if the song would fade out instead of being cutted. Thank you for your great idea! Amir Bieber , Israel
  2. rupert piston
    January 24, 2006 at 2:51pm
    Like so many others, I'm thrilled with Pandora. I've been able to reconnect with music I haven't heard in years. I haven't read all the above comments, but I'm wondering if there's a way for feedback about the music matches? By and large, your matches are spot on, but some flavors sit on overlaps in some Venn diagram somewhere and wind up getting a varied mix that is sometimes hit and sometimes miss. But then... I suppose you've already built that in with the ol' "I like it" "I don't like it" menu. Of course you already covered that... well done!
  3. audiophile86
    January 24, 2006 at 4:01pm
    yes, its awesome. genius. better than napster was, even...maybe :)
  4. Faith McGregor
    January 24, 2006 at 8:02pm
    Pandora meets the iPod In order to truly enable this feature you should allow for saving of our pandora "radio stations" in 30 or 60 minute segments. Then upload the segment to the iPod in the form of a "Pandora Playlist" in iPod format and voila! Pandora meets the iPod. The only thing you need to figure out is the security. Good Luck and keep up with this absolutely brilliant product!
  5. Jan Herps
    January 25, 2006 at 1:49am
    Just discovered Pandora. This is so great! Thank you!
  6. Patricia
    January 25, 2006 at 3:01pm
    love your stuff, I listen at work nearly every day. One observation I'd like to make though. Being a Christian,with a taste for contemporary Christian music, I find you have a real gap in your coverage/understanding of the genre and the great artists available. Maybe this is something you could expand in the future. This is in no way critical of your work. Keep up the great job your doing. Wish I was younger and living in Oakland, I'd be appling for a job. ;-)
  7. Seth
    January 26, 2006 at 1:07am
    Hi, thanks for this amazing service. I work as a tech for a web hosting company at night and this really helps keep my sanity. I posted about you guys today on my blog. http://www.sethsblog.com/ Take care and keep up the good work. Seth
  8. Derick
    January 26, 2006 at 3:32pm
    More meetups! I'm in Berkeley and missed MacWorld...
  9. Edith
    January 26, 2006 at 10:15pm
    Hi, Just wanted to mention here that I made an LJ Community for pandora users so we could talk amongst ourselves, share stations and inspire each other. Unless it gets a troll infestation, I will leave it open for anonymous, so readers/commenters don't have to be an LJ member. http://community.livejournal.com/pandora_music/ I also proposed a challenge asking people to come up with a Pandora station they could send to their Valentine. Mine is currently under development, but I am not happy with it yet. I have made two stations I am happy with. I posted them in the community and I'll post them here too: http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh1989087 Ska-Culation Radio (Ska/Swing) http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh5622863 Sweet Strings Radio (Blue Grassy Instrumental without too much banjo) I am really enjoying this site. I would never have found music I now love without it. Thanks so much.
  10. FabieZ