We’re getting together this Thursday (Jan 12th, 2006) at MacWorld in San Francisco. Chuck Joiner, a great friend of Pandora and editor of MacVoices is organizing it.
Click here for details.
Where: Piazza Lounge on the second floor of the Renaissance Parc55 Hotel
When: 6:30 – 8 PM.
Tim and I will be there – may also head out for dinner afterwards. Come help us figure out how to get Pandora onto the iPod…!

Comments

1. wb
    January 21, 2006 at 7:22am
    Imagine the metrics data y'all will generate over time. I'm thinkin' record companies and artists would love to know what styles people like the best. It's like you've broken down tunes into musical and stylistic elements, and can weight and sort on those elements. It's freakin' amazing! :)
  2. Sagar V,
    January 21, 2006 at 9:30am
    A downloadable app would make this perfect. Nice work.
  3. Dan
    January 21, 2006 at 11:15am
    does anyone know how many analysts/technicians Pandora employs? have been debating this with friends and we'd really like the argument settled!! thanks, great work guys.
  4. judas
    January 21, 2006 at 1:45pm
    Just Love it, period. one suggestion: how about a "mixed" radio station? you could select from which of your stations it would choose music from, and when you thumb up/down a song it could be reflected in the station it was chosen from... KUDOS
  5. Alma
    January 21, 2006 at 2:12pm
    Hey!! Just to say that Pandora is really one of the best things I've ever discovered on the web !!! You make people happy with music !!! Thanks a lot !
  6. Fawn Annan
    January 21, 2006 at 8:56pm
    This is fantastic. The only thing I couldn't get was classical music such as Mozart. When I requested Amadeus Mozart the closest artist was Bizzart. Other than this snaggle, this is absolutely brilliant!! Thank you for bringing such beautiful music back into my life. Fawn
  7. Josh Reynolds
    January 22, 2006 at 5:31pm
    I have been using pandora since my friend showed it to me on xmass. I love it like crazy. I think it would be great if you guys came out with an optimized Linux app that would run with less processor power. Thank you for creating this sweet, sweet, goodness.
  8. OOri
    January 23, 2006 at 8:08am
    Hi, I love the service! but sometimes there are small bugs -- like right now I can't update stations. It would be good to have a note in the blogs about service interruptions.
  9. Erin
    January 23, 2006 at 1:14pm
    So fantastic! Exactly what I have been looking for in life... really. This makes so much sense and it's about time it came about... hope you guys continue to expand and get all the success you deserve with this ingenious idea!
  10. Ajay
    January 24, 2006 at 1:54am
    This is definitely a step in the right direction as far as intuitive technology is concerned. But I have a question, how does the system know what I have on my mind when I characterise my taste with an artist or song name? You obviously take the 'genetic' signature of the song based on your music genome project and match that with similar songs. Do you also have an expert system or a learning system that helps you quantify individual preferences and personalities to make the choice of 'similar music' more intuitive and personalised?

Reply to Tom Cancel Reply