We’re getting together this Thursday (Jan 12th, 2006) at MacWorld in San Francisco. Chuck Joiner, a great friend of Pandora and editor of MacVoices is organizing it.
Click here for details.
Where: Piazza Lounge on the second floor of the Renaissance Parc55 Hotel
When: 6:30 – 8 PM.
Tim and I will be there – may also head out for dinner afterwards. Come help us figure out how to get Pandora onto the iPod…!

Comments

1. Abby
    January 12, 2006 at 11:38am
    Hi, I found pandora two nights ago by the total random luck of the internet, and I want to echo many of the comments here by saying this is an amazing project. Really, you are all geniuses. I'm currently working on my masters in library and information science and pandora is a wonderful execution of so many of the ideas and theories we've been talking about in class. Plus, as a music lover always in search of new things, I am delighted to hear new sounds that I probably would never discover otherwise. This is such a thoughtful database you've constructed -- a smart database that is really attuned to user needs and desires. It makes me wonder why we haven't created library catalogs and search engines that work on similar principles. If you ever come up to Seattle, please do have a meet-up here. I'm sure there are many folks in this town who would love to talk to you in person about your work. I certainly would!
  2. stealbelow
    January 12, 2006 at 5:46pm
    Can I please search by your tags. Can�t I just check off on electronic roots, dub influences, tonal harmonies, slow moving baseline etc etc and be pushed tracks that fall in those categories. Yes, that is what you already do with the thumbs up thumbs down - but I want you to invite me in via your muscial meta-data database. I want to mess around and see what wild and crazy combinations of tagged musical elements I can find to enjoy and what combinations are lacking content.
  3. Deb
    January 13, 2006 at 6:15am
    I am so hooked on this site. I love the way the more you listen the more a sense of ownership you have of your stations. Brilliant for the end user and for pandora.com's stickiness. Is there a plan to have globally shared stations ("share this station with everyone") and then you could have most popular globally shared station etc... Love it!
  4. Randall
    January 13, 2006 at 1:51pm
    I heard about this website a while back in my school newspaper, but didnt bother checking it out until it appeared in The Week. Now I wish I had checked it out earlier, cause this is an amazing project. I've already been introduced to more than 10 new bands, and I've already recomended it to all of my friends. Great job guys, keep up the good work!
  5. Vitto
    January 13, 2006 at 2:50pm
    AMAZING! Together with wikipedia, one of the very few truly new services since the advent of the internet. Vitto
  6. Brian Knoblock
    January 14, 2006 at 5:25am
    Two Quick Ideas. When signing up for a Pandora account ask if the person has an AudioScrobbler account, if yes then one more step is addded, ask for thier login info if they want to give it, then a second station is created for them auto-magicly to try when they are done exploring Pandora, this station is generated from their AudioScrobbler last week info and named their "User name radio. Hardware Using tech from a VOIP phone ( a way to login and the wireless bit ) create an iPod add on that joins the users home or wherever wireless network. this add on gets on the wireless network, logs onto Pandora then the users Stations show up in the iPod interface, they select and enjoy, you could add an "on The go" Pandora play list that the user could later see on their Pandora pages. Self powered by the iPod itself. Anyway, just thinking out loud. Keep up the great work. Brian
  7. Brian Knoblock
    January 14, 2006 at 11:30am
    Two Quick Ideas. When signing up for a Pandora account ask if the person has an AudioScrobbler account, if yes then one more step is addded, ask for thier login info if they want to give it, then a second station is created for them auto-magicly to try when they are done exploring Pandora, this station is generated from their AudioScrobbler last week info and named their "User name radio. Hardware Using tech from a VOIP phone ( a way to login and the wireless bit ) create an iPod add on that joins the users home or wherever wireless network. this add on get on the wireless network, logs onto Pandora then the users Stations show up in the iPod interface, they select and enjoy, you could add an "on The go" Pandora play list that the user could later see on their Pandora pages. Self powered by the iPod itself. Anyway, just thinking out loud. Keep up the great work. Brian
  8. Craig
    January 15, 2006 at 5:04am
    Just discovered Pandora via an interview w/ Tim Westergren on the Inside the Net podcast. I'm really looking forward to see what my stations give me and how they evolve. One of the interesting things I've experienced, not mentioned in the interview, is seeing objective descriptions of music we like by asking why a particular song is chosen. Descriptions come up that are unexpected, enlightening, and sometimes embarrassing (breathy female vocals), but true. One suggestion and one request. Suggestion: add a feature to shared stations that gives a quick thumbnail of its characteristics. Request: add Philip Glass music (is he considered classical?) Craig
  9. Anon
    January 15, 2006 at 6:58am
    just wanna say pandora is a wonderful project. thanks for the music!
  10. ann ominous
    January 15, 2006 at 11:41am
    I am very happy to have discovered Pandora in my online meandering - it makes up for the dissapointment I have experienced with satellite car radio. This is what I would have hoped for. As I'm sure you know there is a similar UK radio station, but not as intuitive in the interface. One thing I would suggest is making the FAQ required reading before logging in, simply because it explains the rationale in a way that might have altered some decisions I made early on. I've started two stations under a pseudonym and regret it; they are working out so well I wish I had gone live! I'll import the basics of the stations if that time comes via the fantastic charting features under the edit option. Thank you so much for this!