We’re getting together this Thursday (Jan 12th, 2006) at MacWorld in San Francisco. Chuck Joiner, a great friend of Pandora and editor of MacVoices is organizing it.
Click here for details.
Where: Piazza Lounge on the second floor of the Renaissance Parc55 Hotel
When: 6:30 – 8 PM.
Tim and I will be there – may also head out for dinner afterwards. Come help us figure out how to get Pandora onto the iPod…!

Comments

1. Gil
    February 01, 2006 at 7:21am
    Don`t get it on Ipod`s... Get it on handled computers using Wi-Fi or on SmartPhones who can connect to mobile Internet. It will be much easier, isn`t it? Another suggestion: I`m from Israel, and I think your Idea is great. the only problem for me and my friends is that Pandora includes only English songs. Why wouldn`t you try to make a kind of Local-Pandora? You may try selling permits to people all over the world: You`ll supply the trademark "Pandora" and the basic Algorithems, And they will upload the music, classificate it by Parameters and pay the copy rights... This way, You`ll enlarge your music database with minimal efforts on your side, and all the listeners would be able to hear great music also on thier native language. Anyway - You`re great !!!
  2. Mart
    February 01, 2006 at 12:31pm
    WOW. Ok, my want list is as follows: 1 - Allow me to export my list of what I pandora just played to me - so I can go purchase it - you're kind a there with the links to amazon and itunes.. - this would be easy, or display a history of it. 2 - What about consumer devices - I want my soundbridge or a Slim squeezebox to be able to stream pandora - and be able to vote my 'love it' / 'hate it' with the remote - I could play music all day long, and all night, and well, to hell with my personal collection - I'm sure the Roku folk would code an interface into their player software... 2 - consider exposing the metrics you're using to select tracks to allow people to do 'more rocky', slower, faster, downbeat etc,while listeningm you could do this without giving away your technology I'm sure. 3 - IPOD and other portable players- clearly the time is not yet nigh - streaming to mobile devices is not the future, its' too expensive, unless you live in an all-you-can eat tariff environment, but the WIFI wireless IPOD/MP3 player will appear, I fortell this and others have in the past - but clearly the opportunity exists to access this service while on the move - especially if you conside options like: - Add the DRM into the stream, or package the material in 1hour MP3's or (sorry MP4's) something, hell make the DRM explode it after 7 days so I cant play it past then - so what if I give it to other people, if it explodes after a few days then so-what , they might buy stuff too.. but let me track what I REALLY liked and might want to buy. - I wouldnt care if it only lasted a week but my ipod remembered what i REALLY liked, and what i didnt - you need to make the player on the ipod similar ,so you can skip tracks on the move as well -not so easy when you're in a single 'big' file.. - consider that if you package up the material into 1 hour chunks, as soon as a player can get wi-fi connectivity, i can 'charge up' with another hours music.. just an idea. What an opportunity - clearly there is huge business scope for people to 'rent' material that they 'might' like, for a limited period of time, rather than own it indefinatley, if I like it I can buy the track.= IMHO this is the future of on-demand music. I wish you success- hope you do this, and make it big before someone else does and profits from it 8-) But you must sort out your distribution licenses with your publishers, the internet should be the end of country-specific discrimination.. I dont care where the end-user is, if they pay you money, they should be able to eat here 8-(
  3. Derick
    February 01, 2006 at 2:27pm
    Add the capability to create new stations with information encoded in the URL -- this could be combined with Applescript to add the capability in iTunes to automatically create a station based on a selected iTunes track or artist. That would be cool.
  4. Scott Fitchet
    February 01, 2006 at 2:35pm
    _____Killer interface_____ | |-->I look forward to signing up a few of my friends.
  5. Don
    February 05, 2006 at 2:27pm
    I read the article in the LA times about Pandora and Immediately brought it up when I got home from work, I wasn't disappointed and have been here for hours. Best new concept in online music for years. Absolutely incredible...Great work. Don
  6. Tom
    February 12, 2006 at 8:52am
    Thanks to the Music Genome Project for allowing us to drop into the vast ocean of music and find new streams we might never otherwise encounter. Your service enlarges my world with choices that open opportunities to learn new music. Thank you, many times over.
  7. Jay Ryan
    June 11, 2006 at 12:59pm
    Great service. Other than adjust my own speaker equalizer, is there a Pandora-side equalizer I can adjust? Thanks Jay
  8. bet chair is very good table
    July 18, 2006 at 8:36am
    I'm asking myself: How can it be that I've never ran through your site before? It's a great one! when table play cosmos anticipate
  9. cptrtchr
    August 14, 2006 at 2:20pm
    WHEN and WHERE will you be in LA (if not in Org. Co. which is closer for me)? First time user today and I'm in with both feet. Heard about you from friend in Chicago. Love Female Vocal Jazz and Smooth Jazz. Dave Koz is on 94.7 fm in the a.m. out here, get him at your LA mtg.! Carl "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64" Morrison
  10. Dave
    August 17, 2006 at 10:01am
    Pandora's great. Had it less than a day and what a awesome idea!! How about the San Diego music scene since LA is just up the road? There are a lot of talented people in the music scene down here just waiting for a chance. Let me know if you guys are interested because I have contacts for you.

Reply to RENO Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )