After a 5 week preview release, Pandora is now open to the public. We’d like to thank the thousands of people that helped us during the preview; we took all of your feedback to heart and were able to rev. the service based on your feedback. In particular the launch release includes several new features you told us you wanted:

• Complete station history – scroll back and see all the songs played on your stations
  • Rate and buy any song – even after they finish playing
  • Quick access to song feedback (“I like this”, “I don’t like this”) from the song popup menu
  • Simplified “Guide Us” panel
  • An improved audio library
  • Enhanced station sharing features
  • A simple URL interface for creating stations from your blogs and websites (more on this later!)

There’s much more still to come — you’ve given us enough ideas to fill 10 releases!
The most gratifying thing about the past month for all of us at Pandora has been the opportunity to interact with all of you. We want to have the same kind of relationship with all of our listeners. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email (pandora-support@pandora.com) with your thoughts, feedback, ideas, and comments. We’re still listening!

Comments

1. Happybutterfly
    September 22, 2005 at 3:13pm
    Just heard about this through a German website and immediately came to investigate. Sound quality particularly grabbed and impressed me. This is the first thing that I have discovered and immediately know I will pay for it. Without question a good thing. Thanks
  2. SVarnadore
    September 23, 2005 at 8:41am
    Pandora - Week Whatever Much to my surprise, considering my milli-second attention span, I'm still actively enjoying Pandora. Perhaps it's because she likes to drop little surprises my way. Yesterday my "FunkyTown" station started playing late 50's / Early 60's Beach-Boys / Jan & Dean / "Hot-Rod-Lincoln" heavy-guitar stuff, which is a lot of fun to hear, and included a version of Hava Nagila! WOW! Today it was Boomtown Rats, Boyz II Men, and Bobby Darin. One thing you can count on with Pandora: Consistent Change that's Within Reason and Outside Your Expectations. Fun thing to do: Make a station of a favorite artist and listen for a while. Make a station of ONE of that artist's songs and listen for a while. Make a station of a DIFFERENT song from that artist and listen for a while. The similarities and differences can be very eye-opening. Good Job, Keep up the good work, Pats on the back and Attaboys all around.
  3. zeus
    September 23, 2005 at 3:58pm
    Ok, this is just a great way to find new artist and music alike, my respect, I myself are in the works of a big music site, maybe we could do some bizz at a later time, but once again Im impressed and thats not a easy task.
  4. zeus
    September 23, 2005 at 4:58pm
    Ohh I got a real "no match" for you, I like the Beastie Boys Intergalactic, I made a station with that song and jesus I got a lot of bad songs, so I think I got a though one for you there.
  5. jr
    October 14, 2005 at 6:30am
    Although it's a while Pandora has been launched, I'd like to add my grain of salt and some suggestions for additions to the service. * RSS feed of the Playlists of the radio stations Sometimes, you listen to this beautiful music and at the end, forget to check what artist you listened to. Therefore, some kind of persistent "history" would be great. For example, the last 100 songs played in a specific station. And why not include the links to the iTMS and Amazon? * An option to simply copy the name & artist (occ. album) of the curent song to the clipboard. Other than that, it's just a great service! I wouldn't missit.
  6. Dan
    November 10, 2005 at 2:31am
    I figure it goes here, seeing as there's not a blog entry about the free version yet: I love you guys. Seriously.
  7. Tom
    November 28, 2005 at 10:00am
    I love this thing. It's awesome. Good work.
  8. terry Link
    December 07, 2005 at 11:29am
    Not to complain because I love what you are doing, but I'd like to hear songs and artists such as Mabel Mercer and Ernestine Anderson that apparently you do not hqve available. How can that happen?
  9. Rage
    December 13, 2005 at 12:27pm
    Nice app, I like! I would be nice to be able to see the "music gene" weightings of the station and the current song and maybe be able to edit them directly for the station...? Good work.
  10. rani
    December 14, 2005 at 1:17am
    if you'd like to earn money or survive - you should embed the comercials in the mp3's.