After a 5 week preview release, Pandora is now open to the public. We’d like to thank the thousands of people that helped us during the preview; we took all of your feedback to heart and were able to rev. the service based on your feedback. In particular the launch release includes several new features you told us you wanted:

• Complete station history – scroll back and see all the songs played on your stations
  • Rate and buy any song – even after they finish playing
  • Quick access to song feedback (“I like this”, “I don’t like this”) from the song popup menu
  • Simplified “Guide Us” panel
  • An improved audio library
  • Enhanced station sharing features
  • A simple URL interface for creating stations from your blogs and websites (more on this later!)

There’s much more still to come — you’ve given us enough ideas to fill 10 releases!
The most gratifying thing about the past month for all of us at Pandora has been the opportunity to interact with all of you. We want to have the same kind of relationship with all of our listeners. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email (pandora-support@pandora.com) with your thoughts, feedback, ideas, and comments. We’re still listening!

Comments

1. Tombo
    September 13, 2005 at 7:06am
    Great Stuff. When does the first "Pandora-Club" open in a town near me?
  2. Rico
    September 13, 2005 at 1:24pm
    In addition to classical and Latin music, I'd like to throw in a vote for a catalog of Jpop. totally awesome so far
  3. Naelven
    September 13, 2005 at 4:07pm
    I just discovered this project..shame on me... I is really a discovery, I tried to enter some artists I liked and discovered many more I didn't even know and that fit my musical taste. Thx for opening me to new musical horizon.. Regards, A new subscriber.
  4. Tom Newbold
    September 14, 2005 at 4:42am
    First off, great job guys! Having been a Savage Beast follower since early on, I have been waiting for this service for a few years. I am suitably impressed. From a Liz Phair station, Pandora played a couple of my favorite songs by Smash Mouth and the Clash -- very cool predictions! Never would have picked up on the percussion similarity between Magic Bus by the Who and the songs from the Feelies. Couple of additional suggestions: 1) I would like to echo sonium's request of being able to tag/bookmark a song for later purchase or exploration. 2) How about an option to have listeners suggest artists/songs/albums to add to the MGP? That could be a pretty powerful demand-side pitch. I am sure that you are tracking user listening habits, patterns, feedback etc., so you could even prioritize the attention that you pay to addition suggestions from listeners (to avoid potential robotic listening & request spamming). Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing later revs of the player incorporating the great suggestions from this blog.
  5. ihaveears
    September 14, 2005 at 8:18am
    ok. I am hooked. Can. Amon Duul II. It is hard to stump that little Genome brain. If we do stump it - like the band Dark Water Transit (http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/display.php?rev=dwt-twotnnt) - how can we suggest it to the Genome? Also, is there a way to go back and hear a previously played song? forgive me if this option is obvious, but I am just starting out. I have found so many new bands already. Bitches Brew is my favorite station. take my money. you guys have earned it. excellent work guys!
  6. Marbuka
    September 15, 2005 at 11:16am
    You guys ROCK. I have been using MusicMatch for years and this is a MUCH better solution. You don't make me listen to music I don't like and the variety is much better. You also allow me to pause songs and continue listen later. One suggestion: If I say I like Maroon 5, that doesn't mean I want to listen to them 10 times a day. Maybe let me determine "how much" I like them from 1 to 10 or determine if I want to really listen to them or just get similar artists. The problem is that I liked Maroon 5 two years ago, but got tired of them, but I'd like to listen to similar music or if they have new CD. Also, It would be very useful to be able to access the list of artist I've added and remove/edit them and determine "how much" I like them. I hope that makes sense! Keep it up, I am a fan. M
  7. Wendy Maynard
    September 15, 2005 at 12:28pm
    This is such an amazing service. I love what you've done and the music selections Pandora is providing me with are so RIGHT on. Thank you for all of your hard work! Best, Wendy Maynard
  8. Martin
    September 16, 2005 at 1:47am
    Great service, just awesome. One feature I would like to see is the ability to fast forward in the songs that are played (not just skip to the next song). Thanks
  9. BMcC
    September 16, 2005 at 9:06pm
    This service is excellent. Thank you, Pandora Media! Take care.
  10. anon
    September 19, 2005 at 7:39pm
    How do you pay licenses? or do you?