After a 5 week preview release, Pandora is now open to the public. We’d like to thank the thousands of people that helped us during the preview; we took all of your feedback to heart and were able to rev. the service based on your feedback. In particular the launch release includes several new features you told us you wanted:

• Complete station history – scroll back and see all the songs played on your stations
  • Rate and buy any song – even after they finish playing
  • Quick access to song feedback (“I like this”, “I don’t like this”) from the song popup menu
  • Simplified “Guide Us” panel
  • An improved audio library
  • Enhanced station sharing features
  • A simple URL interface for creating stations from your blogs and websites (more on this later!)

There’s much more still to come — you’ve given us enough ideas to fill 10 releases!
The most gratifying thing about the past month for all of us at Pandora has been the opportunity to interact with all of you. We want to have the same kind of relationship with all of our listeners. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email (pandora-support@pandora.com) with your thoughts, feedback, ideas, and comments. We’re still listening!

Comments

1. Sydney
    September 04, 2005 at 4:12pm
    What is the relative contribution of thumbs-upping a song versus adding that song "to the station"?
  2. reemer.com
    September 04, 2005 at 10:22pm
    Listening to New Music on Pandora I've been hearing some buzz about Pandora.com recently, so when they went live to the public last week, I signed up right away. Pandora is music-recommendation engine. It's based on the Music Genome Project, which had the goal of assembling...
  3. mariano
    September 05, 2005 at 4:35pm
    really excelente work. Im really surprised of the quality of the sound (even when im in Argentina with a not so great connection) and the "connections" you make :) excelent :)
  4. dhp
    September 06, 2005 at 7:27am
    How about a firefox plugin so I don't have to switch back to that tab to adjust settings or pause play.
  5. aimfiz69105@hotmail.com
    September 06, 2005 at 5:55pm
    Nice service! The subscription price seems like a bargain for what you get. How about a standalone client, though? That Flash app is lame, and requires several clicks to launch.
  6. bonesbro
    September 07, 2005 at 2:45pm
    I would like to be able to listen to a really broad selection. What about a way to create an "everything" channel which starts with a completely random unweighted playlist, that you then trim with the thumbs up/thumbs down?
  7. Josh
    September 07, 2005 at 4:05pm
    Great work. I'd like to lobby for a little more filtering on lyrics. Quite a few of the tracks I'm hearing are correctly placed from a musical standpoint, but the lyrics are embarrassingly bad etc. When I put a thumbs-down on those tracks, I'm afraid that I'm throwing the musical baby out with the lyrical bathwater. Perhaps an optional sub-menu to the thumbs-down that allows users to differentiate lyrics-based thumbs-downs (or -ups) from music-based.
  8. tim
    September 08, 2005 at 12:28am
    i was skeptical about pandora but it is very nice. one tricky to implement suggestion: an equalizer
  9. Gary
    September 08, 2005 at 8:31am
    Superb! My first go today and I have heard some great songs - both new stuff and also old stuff that I haven't heard for ages. Count me in.
  10. Allthatscool.com
    September 08, 2005 at 1:14pm
    Discover new music you'll love I might be a little late on this. But, i came across Pandora the other day and was really amazed at how well it works. Basically what you do is enter in a Artist or song that you like...