One of the really flattering things that’s happened to us over the months since we launched is that many of you have written to us asking if you can link to Pandora from your website. We’ve had a basic mechanism in place for some time that lets you link directly to a song or artist station. If that’s what you’d like to do, take a look at this FAQ entry.
In most cases though, people have been asking for some kind of Pandora “create station” module or a banner that they can put up. So tonight we’ve put up a page that will make doing so easy. Just head over to http://www.pandora.com/how_to_link.shtml to choose from a variety of different options.
I can’t tell you how gratifying it has been to get these sorts of requests. Thanks for asking; we’re delighted to finally be able to lend a hand.

Comments

1. James McDugal
    February 02, 2006 at 6:34am
    Hmm... these banners are great and all, but it would be nice to have a banner I could place for my shared stations.
  2. john
    February 02, 2006 at 6:48am
    For all the cool "little things" you folks manage (and I really do appreciate those things), the logo--or lack thereof--needs work. Time for a contest...
  3. Joshua Kaufman
    February 02, 2006 at 8:42am
    Example, James. The motivation for me is to get people to listen to my station, not their station. This seems pretty obvious.
  4. Jordan
    February 02, 2006 at 8:59am
    Hey I love this site and I am bragging so much about it!!!
  5. Jeff Stein
    February 02, 2006 at 10:25am
    While they are nice, what I really want is a small player that I can embed into the firefox sidebar. Oooh! An extension would be priceless! Still, wonderful tool.
  6. Austin Bashline
    February 02, 2006 at 10:28am
    What I have been thinking about for a while is the idea of a radio service which you could actually know what you were listening to... Radio stations are very inconsistent in telling what song they have just played or are playing... The idea you have is great, just mix it with XFM, display the song title, have it work just like it does -picking ones music type-, charge a monthly fee, and bingo! Maybe have a free version as well, but with commercials. I know this would be something more exciting than your average station out there, not just because I could pick my own music, but hear new stuff and not have to develop a scientific thesis to find out what band it was that just played. Just a thought. Anyway, keep up the great work!
  7. Paul B
    February 02, 2006 at 2:42pm
    i can't imagine the internet without pandora now :)
  8. Matt Brown
    February 02, 2006 at 6:24pm
    sweet... how bout some bbcode, or the like, for forums? I love my forums. (eh chem...)
  9. craig
    February 03, 2006 at 3:51pm
    amazing idea. i can't imagine the amount of work that went into a site like this.
  10. Richard Hull
    February 03, 2006 at 4:01pm
    This is good, but what i'd really like is to be able to parse an artist through pandora, and get back a list of the similar artists. Any chance of this happening?