Here’s one more in our series of blog posts that showcase some of our Music Analysts. Much of the musical output of Pandora staff doesn’t happen to be in our collection, but we thought you might like to know of some Pandora stations that feature the men and women who analyze all of the music you listen to! (click here for the first , second and third Analyst spotlights.)
Jeff Anthony, Pandora’s percussionist extraordinaire (pictured here), has quite the impressive resume. In addition to playing live with all manner of accomplished musicians, he shows up playing the drums on the following Pandora stations. Sheryl Crow: I think you may have heard of her? Jeff drums on her C’mon C’mon album, a personal favorite of mine. He also plays with the all-Pandora band Michael Zapruder’s Rain of Frogs, who just released a new CD (more on them next week). You can find him on the Dahlia station, which is an electronic duo, and on the Tom Varley and the Sun Dogs station, who describe themselves as “good ol’ fashion tiki bar music from Portland.”
189166109_069c113777_m.jpg
Jeff’s drumming can also be found on a Jenny Kerr station, which features roots & blues harmonica-driven Americana. He spent much of last year touring internationally with the Eric McFadden Trio, a brilliant, frighteningly unique psycho rock band that’s difficult not to love. (update: Jeff tells me that he also did a lot of touring internationally with Chuck Prophet last year.)
Evan Francis, who may well win the prize for Smilingest Music Analyst, shows up on several Pandora stations as well. He plays sax in The Ian Carey Quintet, which is jazz, and also with The Industrial Jazz Group. You can also hear him on Spaceheater radio, in the vein of instrumental hiphop/downtempo electronica.
Marina Garza, one of our newest hires, is one of our Latin Music Specialists. She plays with the Orquesta D’Soul, which she describes as Latin Salsa Pop. I notice that Pandora refers to their music as having “danceable grooves.” I concur.
Tom Griesser plays sax in the Brass Monkey Brass Band, a high-octane 8-piece ensemble in the style of the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and the ReBirth Brass Band, with a lineup of trumpets, trombones, saxophones, tuba, and drums. In addition to their fiery original compositions, their repertoire ranges from traditional New Orleans favorites such as “When The Saints Go Marching In” to renditions of tunes by Zappa and Led Zeppelin.

Comments

1. Peggy
    July 31, 2006 at 5:52pm
    Hey Tim and Lucia, I have been listening for a couple of days now and I even pass it to my friend. I am a big Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, R & B, and Reggaeton listener. I have a favorite singer and you complied to my needs. Thank you so much and I was wondering if your making any trips to Florida? If you are please inform me as soon as you find out. Keep up with the good work. Also don't know if you need more input on more spanish artist or lastest songs, but if you do feel free to ask away. Bye for now, A new fan, Peggy
  2. mike
    July 31, 2006 at 6:34pm
    I put in play Guns and Roses and all that pandora seems to be able to find is some rap and hip hop junk and some group called the marxman that sings a song called guns and roses whats up with that!
  3. Hof
    August 01, 2006 at 5:14am
    Hey Pandora listeners, whereever you are... What a great station, even for people like me, who`s musical taste lies somewhere in between Blues (check out Popa Chubby!!NY Blues!!)and Jazz-rock, (like Spiro Gira and Yellow Jackets), there is lots of great stuff to enjoy!!. Even New York Voices!!! (you never know music `till you listened to the unbelievable musical Arts of NYV!!!) Thanks!!...Hof
  4. Lucia @ Pandora
    August 01, 2006 at 1:05pm
    Thanks for all the comments! Don't worry, classical music and world music (including Celtic) are coming...they're big undertakings, but they'll be worth the wait! And Mike, try searching 'Guns N' Roses.' cheers, Lucia
  5. Paul
    August 01, 2006 at 3:33pm
    Might be nice if we could see a couple of songs ahead to help us decide whether we want to listen to what's coming up?
  6. Siju
    August 01, 2006 at 5:06pm
    This website is simply the best thing that has happened to me in a while!
  7. chuck
    August 02, 2006 at 7:52am
    I think your site is great and I am very glad to hear celtic music is coming.Right now I have to pick and choose by artist rather than genre.There's a lot of celtic music out there but all of the artists I don't know. But thanks to your station I've up picked up a few I won't forget. You're doing a great job! Thanks, Chuck
  8. hannah
    August 02, 2006 at 10:44am
    i love pandora i heard about it from my friend and so ever since i have listend to pandora. the greatest part is that you don't have to pay or download anything you can just listen to the music you like. thanks for doing such a great job, Hannah
  9. MANUELA LEAL
    August 02, 2006 at 11:00am
    I AM FROM PORTUGAL - LISBON. EACH DAY WHEN I COME HOME FROM WORK I LISTEN TO YOU. I AM ALWAYS DESCOVERING NEW FANTASTIC SONGS. I JUST LOVE PANDORA AND I HAVE TOLD ABOUT YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.I ALSO NOTICE THAT YOU ARE GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME. IMPROOVING AND ADDING NEW WAYS TO THE BLOG. THANKS. MANUELA
  10. samuel
    August 02, 2006 at 5:41pm
    I'm a pandora addict. merci mille fois Samuel

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )