Last week I shed a little light on what it’s like to be one of the people who analyzes all of the songs you hear on Pandora. Here’s a few more stations on which you can hear the musical skills of some of our Music Analysts. It’s fun for me to get to showcase such great and widely varied music, all coming out of the people in our office!
More next week…
renemelody.jpg
René Peña-Govea (left, with Melody at right) sings and plays the accordion in her family band, La Familia Peña-Govea. You’ve got to hear this; it’s two parents and their two daughters playing traditional Colombian, Tex-Mex and Mexican music.
Ariah Firefly, up-and-coming pop star and long-time Pandoran, sings lush R&B-inflected pop that’s both ethereal and powerful. Take a listen: you’ll like it!
Darian Gray, one of our newest Analysts, is always smiling and always game. (we like that in our co-workers!) Dynamic is the name of his catchy band, which is R&B mixed with hip hop, rock and some drum and bass.
The Patrick Greene Trio , starring our own Analyst Patrick Greene, consists of Guitar, Organ, and Drums (aka GOD). Listen up for some, as he puts it, “Jazz Funk Post Bop Straight Ahead Modern High Energy Spiritual” music.
adam.jpg
Happy Monday!
cheers, Lucia

Comments

1. Dave
    June 22, 2006 at 4:23pm
    I think they're doing a bang up job analyzing the music! It's definitely been getting better, no more jumping from Metric to ABBA etc. :). I majored in Music and I play Jazz trumpet on the side, but I live in Canada. Too bad you can't have remote music analyzing, because I'd be hip with doing that.
  2. Nuno Pereira
    June 23, 2006 at 2:34am
    A little question: Why not to give access also to the lyrics of the songs?
  3. Mertseger
    June 23, 2006 at 4:12pm
    My question to the analysts is: who had to do The Shaggs' album? Was entering it into the database a punishment for some particularly egregious bit of misbehavior? If so, spill.
  4. arnold
    June 27, 2006 at 6:48am
    Can someone follow up on ObiWanKeenobi's comment? There does seem to be a lack of song information for albums like, say, The Offspring's "Smash"; only the SINGLES "Come Out and Play", "Self Esteem" and "Gott a Get Away" have genome info, marked by a small "try track #3, 6, 7" beside the album title. The rest of the songs don't have any genome information. What's up with that?
  5. Analyst #36
    June 27, 2006 at 9:40am
    Arnold, consider it done...
  6. Staz
    June 29, 2006 at 4:53pm
    Loyal listener would like if T-Shirts were avaiable to advertise PANDORA.COM Keep up the good work
  7. Mr. Neige
    June 29, 2006 at 7:15pm
    What you are doing is nothing short of miraculous. I am so grateful for what you are providing to the listening public. If I didn't know better I'd say it was too good to be true. Many, many, thanks. Mr. Neige BTW- Waiting for the classical music to get going!!
  8. William
    July 01, 2006 at 12:48pm
    Add Classical. Please.
  9. isabel
    July 05, 2006 at 7:19pm
    i enjoy listening to the varieties of music played on pandora and i think listening to more music is alot better than listening to just the same over and over again. thanks
  10. Yori
    July 11, 2006 at 1:00pm
    Brilliant idea, but has to improve. Some suggestions: Although I like to listen to unfamiliar material, I'd like to feel 'safe' within my chosen domain. In the choice of songs, could you give some weight to songs' popularity, as graded by other listeners? And perhaps give some preference to new releases if one wishes to do so... Also, can we see our profile of musical choice and be able to edit our preferences as they evolve? And finally, please add more music from across the Atlantic (and the Pacific for that matter). Keep up the good work!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )