Last week I shed a little light on what it’s like to be one of the people who analyzes all of the songs you hear on Pandora. Here’s a few more stations on which you can hear the musical skills of some of our Music Analysts. It’s fun for me to get to showcase such great and widely varied music, all coming out of the people in our office!
More next week…
renemelody.jpg
René Peña-Govea (left, with Melody at right) sings and plays the accordion in her family band, La Familia Peña-Govea. You’ve got to hear this; it’s two parents and their two daughters playing traditional Colombian, Tex-Mex and Mexican music.
Ariah Firefly, up-and-coming pop star and long-time Pandoran, sings lush R&B-inflected pop that’s both ethereal and powerful. Take a listen: you’ll like it!
Darian Gray, one of our newest Analysts, is always smiling and always game. (we like that in our co-workers!) Dynamic is the name of his catchy band, which is R&B mixed with hip hop, rock and some drum and bass.
The Patrick Greene Trio , starring our own Analyst Patrick Greene, consists of Guitar, Organ, and Drums (aka GOD). Listen up for some, as he puts it, “Jazz Funk Post Bop Straight Ahead Modern High Energy Spiritual” music.
adam.jpg
Happy Monday!
cheers, Lucia

Comments

1. Desidious
    June 20, 2006 at 11:24am
    "mr. errin" you are by far the most ignorant down right stupid person i have ever read a post by; "Sorry to say that after a mere 2 days, I have UN-installed Pandora from my system" Pandora does not install software on your computer. And the rest of your post is just whining over the very concept of Pandora, if you don't like the concept you wont like the product. DUH!?
  2. chicolax33
    June 20, 2006 at 11:26am
    Mr. Fass.. Uninstall? It's called closing your browser.
  3. Kristine
    June 20, 2006 at 2:29pm
    I want to be a music analyst! Got room for an ethnomusicologist? The concept of the project is awesome and I am amazed that this user-friendly portal to new music is open to everyone for use. Pandora is musical gift for this digital age! THANK YOU!
  4. Alicia Haglund
    June 20, 2006 at 2:30pm
    Yo! What's up with that girl Erin...music snob. The whole point is to find new music silly - not listen to stuff you already know you like...also not sure how good your computer is that you have apparently so many issues with the player - are you using a typewriter by any chance? It's 2006, I mean really... Anyway - great site! Love it! Everyone at our office is hooked on it. Great way to listen to some diverse, uninterupted music during the work day. Definitely found some new bands I like and some new songs from old favorites. Keep it up guys - you're doing great!! And don't let people like Miss Sassypants "I've been studying music for years" slow you down! ;D
  5. Trent Woodcock
    June 21, 2006 at 1:33am
    Oh well here's another nail in Mr Erin's Fass' coffin but here goes. Mr Ass would be far better served sticking to his CD collection if all he wants to listen to is Gershwin...... However is Mr Ass wants something a little different & some suggestive listens then open your browser my man & let Pandora educate you. By the way for the record Pandora is the most amazing thing I've played with on the net & gets me through my work days consistently delivering constantly new music. Yeah it takes a little while to refine that station responding to the I Like This not That questions (I got some Ashlee Simpson eeeek on my Indie rock station the other day) but it all works a treat & is educating me all the time on stuff I should be giving a spin to. All I can say is some more Aussie music would be appreciated it's very thin (no recent INXS coz they're a bunch of wankers these days) on the ground & everyone knows how good the music we're producing these days is. If you're looking for a volunteer analyst in the Southern Hemisphere look no further. Big musical love :))
  6. Andrew
    June 22, 2006 at 8:51am
    Just a suggestion... if you could have some way for the user to select which qualities of a song attract them and then find more songs in that manner. For instance, I just created a station using the Jeremy Camp song Take My Life. I like the song for it's lyrics (Christian music) and because it's loud rock. Optimally, I'd like to be able to narrow what Pandora plays to other Christian artists in the rock genre, but I'm not given that option. I've had nothing but secular music played so far. Just some food for thought.
  7. deidriana
    June 22, 2006 at 11:40am
    i think you should have stations that just play songs from a particular artist not a mix because some songs that play don't belong to that style of music
  8. Michael
    June 22, 2006 at 12:11pm
    Hi! Well, I think that got a bit out of hand. Maybe the person mixed up some things (like install/uninstall) but then some of the critics are quite okay. I also would prefer some non-browser software, some small windows or even better Opera (www.opera.com) widget... What do you think? PS: If you want to have more discussions, then please visit www.pandora-forum.com - the place where all the users can meet to discuss whatever they like (and want to rant about!).
  9. Chris K.
    June 22, 2006 at 1:19pm
    I love the new service! I've had musicmatch for years and the variety has nose-dived this year. My only problem with Pandora-- I can't play uncensored hip hop at work...it would be great if paying subscribers could have the option of radio-friendly play so that we can enjoy pandora in all environments! Thanks!
  10. jin
    June 22, 2006 at 2:35pm
    hey guys thanks for all the hard work (and the free service!) i don't know what i'd do without pandora. i wish there was no song-skip limit, but if that's what'll keep this online, it's all good. but to you analysts- please no more numetal! MSI's not papa roach you know?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )