With the holidays fast approaching, we’ve been getting lots of requests for seasonal music. Tonight we’re rolling out an updated version of Pandora that will let you build your very own, personalized holiday stations.
To hear seasonal music on Pandora, just start by entering the name of a favorite holiday song (for example, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow“). We’ll then ask you to pick your favorite version and we’ll create a station that will play other similar holiday music. While we’re not able to play that exact song immediately, it will play on your station eventually so keep listening!
If you’d rather start from an artist, just enter the artist’s name followed by the word holiday (for example, “Nat King Cole (Holiday)“). We’ll then use that input to build a holiday station based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday classics.
We’re busy adding more seasonal music everyday, so keep coming back and expect that your holiday stations will improve over the coming weeks.
Thanks for listening, and happy holidays from the whole crew here at Pandora.

Comments

1. Anonymous Poster
    December 01, 2005 at 11:27am
    Another thing you need is a way to flag songs that are mis-labeled or defective in some way. For example in the last 30 minutes, it has played "River Deep, Mountain High" by the Supremes TWICE (once it said "by The Supremes" and the next time it said "feat. The Supremes") and then it played a version of Gene Chandler's "Groovy Situation" with a vocal introductory that was most certainly NOT part of the original song (it described someone's homosexual encounter with another man - not graphically, but still an unwelcome addition to the song!). Yesterday there was a song that came up under a particular title, but it sure wasn't that song. And I've heard a few songs with excessive "gurgling" or "swishing", as if they were taken from very old MP3's encoded with the earliest MP3 encoders circa about 1997 or 1998 (most of your recordings are of much better quality, thankfully). So I think you need a way to flag such files so that someone can take a listen and remove, rename, or replace them. Still, this is a great service!
  2. eek
    December 01, 2005 at 11:54am
    You guys are fantastic. Thanks so much for your hard work ... simply the coolest thing out there now.
  3. Tom Bresson
    December 01, 2005 at 1:04pm
    I am in 110% agreeance with the previous comment. This is the only radio site I use now, I love the player, I love the quality, and I love the price! FREE! Thanks so much for offering a service like this, without strings attached! Amazing is the only word. Tom Bresson
  4. Mike
    December 01, 2005 at 1:52pm
    wow. wow. wow. First of all, audio quality. Compression is excellent, kills sites like purevolume and LaunchCast out of the water. Also, as a self-proclaimed music snob, I am also humbled by the amount of great new music. Thank you so much for bringing great songs and great music into my life. There really isn't a better gift to give. I'm sure you've heard these suggestions before, but it would be great to know if Pandora gets progressively "smarter" as you rate music (like Yahoo's LaunchCast). I'm not sure if this happens in the first place, but it would be great to know that the recommendations will get better. Really looking forward to my future listening and discovery. Thanks again and cheers! Mike Christie http://www.intransitonline.com
  5. ep
    December 02, 2005 at 6:34am
    absolutely fantastic. i use pandora at the school library religiously. Something that should be a simple fix that I've had some frustration with: When the pandora player is minimized in it's stand-alone mode (using FireFox), links from external programs such as Outlook and AIM will usually appear within the restricted-size player window. Could be something as simply as playing with the name of the target window to avoid that. Keep on keepin' on guys. EP
  6. Sabrina
    December 03, 2005 at 12:03pm
    First of all I want to congratulate you on creating Pandora. This is what the Internet was designed to do! This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. To be able to not only play music I have selected as something I like, but to have the program suggest music to ME that is similar to what I have already said I have liked is absolutely phenomenal. I want to second the suggestion of making a Pandora Mac SO X Widget and something similar for PCs. It would make the music more accessible and offer you a new venue to push your product into the main stream. One last thing -- I have minimized the player, and it just informed me that it was taking a very long time to decide what song to play next, and that if I got tired of waiting I could refresh the main site. I did what it asked, and Pandora.com will not open and I am getting an error page instead. What happened?
  7. ManicMiner
    December 10, 2005 at 11:06pm
    Wow!! What an amazing site! I would have never believed such a thing could ever come true. Anyway, I want to make some requests, I dont know if this is the place to do it, but there you go here's two amazing 60s gems: - Bob Kuban & the In Men "The Cheater" - Love Generation "Groovy Summertime" Happy Xmas! :)
  8. aidan
    December 11, 2005 at 2:17pm
    hi, just wanted to say that pandora is absolutlely amazing, such a great site, keep up the good work, thanks a mil
  9. Mohan Ali
    December 11, 2005 at 10:08pm
    A friend sent me the link to Pandora. Its a wonderful site. Loving it. Would be even better if it came as an application that could be downloaded and used like winamp for subscribers, that way it does away with the browser altogether. Also would allow you to add more features. Either way, I will be tuning in to Pandora ;)
  10. Marcel
    December 13, 2005 at 2:10am
    I can not begin to say how much I love this site! A friend found it somehow and referred me to it. I have not stopped listening since. The internet is worth it once again. I'm not going to be presumptuous enough to recommend anything other than keep on going and expanding the musical library. Great work!!!

Reply to steven Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )