With the holidays fast approaching, we’ve been getting lots of requests for seasonal music. Tonight we’re rolling out an updated version of Pandora that will let you build your very own, personalized holiday stations.
To hear seasonal music on Pandora, just start by entering the name of a favorite holiday song (for example, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow“). We’ll then ask you to pick your favorite version and we’ll create a station that will play other similar holiday music. While we’re not able to play that exact song immediately, it will play on your station eventually so keep listening!
If you’d rather start from an artist, just enter the artist’s name followed by the word holiday (for example, “Nat King Cole (Holiday)“). We’ll then use that input to build a holiday station based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday classics.
We’re busy adding more seasonal music everyday, so keep coming back and expect that your holiday stations will improve over the coming weeks.
Thanks for listening, and happy holidays from the whole crew here at Pandora.

Comments

1. RMJ
    November 28, 2005 at 10:29pm
    Hi- Just thought I'd drop a line to say that I absolutely LOVE the sight - this place may get me through finals single-handedly. I've been pimping it out with all my friends, and I'm not usually someone who talks about music because I don't know enough about it. Please don't ever go to commercials or subscription only! I would, though, pay for a premium account.... LOVE! Happy Holidays!
  2. J
    November 28, 2005 at 11:30pm
    The best, no exaggerations, site I've ever seen since Google. In fact, it is the google of music sites, with the friendliness of your local record store. Being a music junkie, I am very taken with this idea. Don't ever go away!
  3. Tom Hammond
    November 29, 2005 at 6:09am
    I love the site. It is amazing. However, I am from England and cannot register because you have to have a zip code. Does this mean you have to be from the US in order to use the site?
  4. Pete
    November 29, 2005 at 9:05am
    Fantastic site, and great concept. Congratulations Pandora. Keep it up.
  5. thaylin
    November 29, 2005 at 11:31am
    I love the site and have told every single person I know about it. The only thing I noticed is that you guys got rid of the I like it/ dont like it choice. I thought that was a great feature to have to remove unwanted selections from playing again. How's this going to happen now?
  6. Augusto Ruiz
    November 29, 2005 at 11:55am
    Are there any plans on being able to upload self-made songs, so that people can listen to them if they match their likings? I think that would be a really cool feature, as it would help independant musicians, giving them the chance of having a broader audience, and listeners can also discover new music.
  7. Chris F
    November 29, 2005 at 2:50pm
    I was directed to this site from a message board and I have to say this is a very innovative project. It's a shame that i'm in Canada as I can't register at the moment. I hope that the powers that be can be able to get the liscences needed to allow this service in other countries.
  8. Kyle
    November 29, 2005 at 6:09pm
    One awesome feature that could be implemented is actually a split of the "I Don't Like It" option. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what's going on in your back-end, but here's the idea: Have a "Don't Like Song" and "Don't Like Style" options. I find that I am ocassionally fearful to commit to the "I Don't Like It" button, because of the potential effects it may have on any upcoming songs I do indeed like. Often enough I find a song I dislike even though I can admit that it was chosen because of similar qualities to my station. Conversely, the "Don't Like Style" would help to refine the station in terms of filtering out certain styles that pop-up during listening. I can also understand that this feature may require greater client-side consideration than the current system, and can see why one might be wary to implement it. Nevertheless... In line with this thought, I was wondering: are the "Like" and "Don't like" found in the "Guide Us" menu are any different than the ones found in each song's menu? Once again; awesome work guys.
  9. Zach
    November 29, 2005 at 9:52pm
    First of all, great web app. Its obvious the makers have spent a lot of time on this and they love what they do. Very fun to to listen and learn.. One feature that I think would be really fun would be the ability to use musical style as jumping off point in addition to song and artist. The different styling descriptors you read when the system starts playing a song could be used as criteria. I think that would be a fun way to go about things as well. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the service!
  10. winnie
    November 30, 2005 at 2:37am
    Incredible! The biggest and brightest thing on earth for music lovers. After more than 20 years of listening, buying, downloading, djing, discussing music you've got me stunned and addicted. I promise to spread the word in "old Europe" (and the new one, of course!) so you'll not "die tryin'". Keep it up!!!