With the holidays fast approaching, we’ve been getting lots of requests for seasonal music. Tonight we’re rolling out an updated version of Pandora that will let you build your very own, personalized holiday stations.
To hear seasonal music on Pandora, just start by entering the name of a favorite holiday song (for example, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow“). We’ll then ask you to pick your favorite version and we’ll create a station that will play other similar holiday music. While we’re not able to play that exact song immediately, it will play on your station eventually so keep listening!
If you’d rather start from an artist, just enter the artist’s name followed by the word holiday (for example, “Nat King Cole (Holiday)“). We’ll then use that input to build a holiday station based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday classics.
We’re busy adding more seasonal music everyday, so keep coming back and expect that your holiday stations will improve over the coming weeks.
Thanks for listening, and happy holidays from the whole crew here at Pandora.

Comments

1. mauz
    November 27, 2005 at 8:46am
    One of the most innovative web features for a couple of years ... I love it
  2. TheLegendary
    November 27, 2005 at 6:19pm
    WOAAAA!!!! TOTAL GREAT SITE AND IDEA! wonderful! grats to all of the developers!
  3. Martin
    November 27, 2005 at 10:32pm
    The best project, I've seen and heared for years. My dreams become true [-> http://www.commondesign.de/my-tmorry/]. I would like to have the option, that the music-styles are changing slowly, so that I can discover not just new songs, but also new styles. I know, One of the best things is, that pandora has different categories (vocal) and no common music styles (blues), but ... it would be perfect, so that people can discover music in it's whole spectrum.
  4. Brian
    November 27, 2005 at 11:54pm
    Hey guys, I've been using this excellent free service for a few days now, and I'd have to say it's one of the best things on the internet. Keep up the magic and keep on improving! I love it!
  5. Edith
    November 28, 2005 at 11:50am
    Hahaha. I just entered "Christmas Carol" and got Tom Lehrer! Now what was that Nat King Cole song titled then . . . Pandora is the best toybox. Thanks. Edith
  6. jf
    November 28, 2005 at 11:58am
    Just been introduced to Pandora. My first reaction was 'imagine having come up with the idea...how amazing would that be!' Probably only once every decade a new thing comes along that transforms how things are done. Forget iTunes, I think you've just started a new revolution in music! I just tried it out on my Mam and she was well impressed. I LOVE IT!! Agree with a previous comment...would love to be able to carry it with me when out and about. Oh yes...the future sounds even sweeter!!
  7. Pete
    November 28, 2005 at 3:01pm
    Simply Amazing site, I hate you guys, now I am going to spend 10x more on Itunes...so much for that present for Mom... Great resource, 11 songs into my channel and I am going go buy 10 songs [I have the 11th ! :)].
  8. part-i-pants
    November 28, 2005 at 4:51pm
    I joined up about a week and a half ago... in that time, I've discovered a problem that you may not be able to fix. GENERIC SONG EVALUATIONS One creates stations from individual songs, correct? If a station is created, it is because you have the song in your system... correct? Apparently not. How do I know? Well... after going about 50 or so songs a piece into each list... and the song the station is based on isn't played... and songs in the station start getting repeated... it becomes clear. The following list of songs don't appear to be in your system, and if they _are_ in your system... they haven't been evaluated correctly, or they just have generic evaluations: No Way Back - Foo Fighters Gone Daddy Gone - Violent Femmes Fascination Street - The Cure Bone Machine - Pixies Chapel Hill - Sonic Youth Orbitals - Acroma 3 Libras - A Perfect Circle Out Of My Mind - Duran Duran To The Sky - The Cure One station, created with Beck's "Missing" actually played "Missing", but then never played anything that sounded remotely similar to "Missing". There was one station, created with Puddle Of Mudd's "Drift & Die" that played the station song, and actually worked out pretty well... finding and playing similar songs. --------- Thanks for the site... I believe the concept is brilliant. But it's apparent that some bogus song evaluations abound in the system. When pandora just starts guessing, and I hear anything from Venom to Rick Springfield for the same song, apparently something is not working. Thanks again. All the best to you. Chad
  9. Dan
    November 28, 2005 at 7:30pm
    Wow. This is a spectacular idea and implementation. The website is simple and intuitive and looks great. It's already introduced me to several great new artists I wouldn't have heard otherwise. I just wanted to say that you've done a kick-ass job.
  10. Mauro Parra
    November 28, 2005 at 10:21pm
    A killer app! Would be lovely if: * You can control the player with the keyboard, a la itunes. * You can get a nice gnome applet with this! * Or a nice mac os x widget :) Thanks for sharing the beauty with us! :) Kudos for the pandora's team!