With the holidays fast approaching, we’ve been getting lots of requests for seasonal music. Tonight we’re rolling out an updated version of Pandora that will let you build your very own, personalized holiday stations.
To hear seasonal music on Pandora, just start by entering the name of a favorite holiday song (for example, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow“). We’ll then ask you to pick your favorite version and we’ll create a station that will play other similar holiday music. While we’re not able to play that exact song immediately, it will play on your station eventually so keep listening!
If you’d rather start from an artist, just enter the artist’s name followed by the word holiday (for example, “Nat King Cole (Holiday)“). We’ll then use that input to build a holiday station based on the musical qualities of that performer’s holiday classics.
We’re busy adding more seasonal music everyday, so keep coming back and expect that your holiday stations will improve over the coming weeks.
Thanks for listening, and happy holidays from the whole crew here at Pandora.

Comments

1. jim Knight
    November 24, 2005 at 8:46am
    I just found your site thanks to Fast Company's article this month. This is awesome, and I've subscribed for a yearl. Let me suggest something that you've probably thought about and that maybe technologically impossible. What if the stations we create were somehow accessible through satellite radio. Now there would be the monster application. If I can create my own station and then carry it with me any where, that would be very cool. Who knew I could build
  2. Gideon
    November 24, 2005 at 9:57am
    Just discovered this site. I have to say this is the quite simply the most innovative, mind-blowing and brilliantly consumer-centric idea on the Internet since Wikipedia or Google. And you've done a great job with the interface. Apart from the manual classification, I hope you are mining and correlating all the user +ve/-ve responses to develop even sharper recommendations at the level of individual songs. Next step: make it a desktop application/widget thingamibob. Make it even easier to skip a song or indicate that you got it bang on. Make me want to listen all day long. Congratulations. This is set to become the amazon.com of online radio. I hope your cashflow can keep it ad-supported, and let you hang in there until you hit the really big time. Gideon
  3. Peter Hines
    November 24, 2005 at 3:51pm
    hey man. i've been recomending pandora to all my friends and they dont take a second look at it. The reason is because it doesnt look right. the site needs a new look man. its a music sight and it looks like a vintage wine site... actualy i've seen whine sites that look more retro than this site. The Main Reason For A Change Is Because Alot More People Would Use It!!! Please consider this. Thanks For Readin This. plus I think its great that sum1 finaly made a free music thing. i respect u guys!!! thanks again.
  4. Javier
    November 25, 2005 at 4:25pm
    I'm still shocked with the quality and originality of this product. It's just incredible! 10 points!! I hope this excellent idea doesn't get pursued by record companies as have happened with many other quality products in the past. Keep it up!! Javier from Montevideo, Uruguay.
  5. Logan
    November 26, 2005 at 7:32am
    Someone told me about this site and when I first heard about it I figured it would just be another list of different pre-made playlists to listen to. I was so wrong! This is always the first thing I open when I open the Internet. I love the variety of music and how it never runs out of different, new music for me to check out. Thank You Thank You Thank You!
  6. Kyle
    November 26, 2005 at 2:08pm
    I have noticed that even over a great deal of time (two to three weeks) I only hear a selection of approximately five to seven songs from the artist I have chosen for the basis of my station. I wonder if this isn't because you only place the "hit" tracks for each artist into your database? Nevertheless, I have refined said station to provide me with the greatest selection of music I have ever been treated to, and would like to sincerely commend you for a terrific job well done. Being in its infancy, I am keenly looking forward to advancements of Pandora in the future, and am absolutely confident that you will no doubt deliver. Keep up the incredible work.
  7. Eddison
    November 26, 2005 at 4:21pm
    Just wanted to say thanks for creating Pandora. And thanks several hundred times more for making it free! This is an awesome project and I wish you guys the best of luck making it successful and becoming very rich.
  8. Quenotte
    November 26, 2005 at 5:12pm
    really wonderfull !!!!
  9. Andrew
    November 26, 2005 at 10:52pm
    This is such an amazing service. I can't wait for more events that you guys are preparing for. Keep up the good work, and don't sell out to Yahoo or Google too cheaply. A.
  10. Tom
    November 27, 2005 at 6:37am
    This site is amazing. Please extend it to us folk over here in lil' ol' England. I speak for a large number of people who feel the same way. PLEASE!!! Tom.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )